Does anyone think the UFC is running out of stars? Cards getting boring.

I still Sherdog but I do boxing discussion a lot more than UFC now

Cards are watered down because there's a fight nearly every week. Also, most stars and top contenders seem to fight once, maybe twice, per year.

I looked at the next couple of months worth of cards and they are utter dog shit tbh.

I think with how many events there are now there will be runs of good and bad cards. We definitely have a bad one coming up.

people gotta start fights by filling the octagon with uppercuts

I looked at the next couple of months worth of cards and they are utter dog shit tbh.

I think with how many events there are now there will be runs of good and bad cards. We definitely have a bad one coming up.
Pavlovich/Blaydes is bad?

You're high. We have some stinkers coming up, but this aint it

Dana is in his workshop building some new UFC Stars right now as we speak

How in the fuck is Poatan an A lister.

This tier list is awful.

Who's Shazmat?

But seriously, I do agree, UFC has gotten complacent in the ESPN/WME era, and really have promoted their brand instead of promoting fighters.
I’m sure the issue is the champs who want to fight once a year.
This really jams up the divisions and creates the rank squatter situation where we end up getting the same top 3 people fighting each other eg Justin + Porier + Chandler.
All 3 refused and dodged Islam
All 3 faced each other pretty much back to back to back and practically refuse to face anyone not in the top 3 unless it’s a “winnable” fight or a Conor fight.

compare this BS to MW. Izzy is keeping the MWs extremely busy and it’s such a breath of fresh air to have contenders getting their chance without the BS that is at 155 and now potentially at 170.

A list stars

Jones
Conor
Israel
Potan

B list stars
Colby
Khazmat

C list

Edwards
Shazrmat
Volk

It seems as if the UFC does not have lots of a tier stars anymore. It makes cards dull as good cards with stars are few and far between.

Previously we had

GSP
Penn
Jones
Brock
Andy
Cro cop
DC
Anthony Johnson
Conor
Aldo

The only true stars on that last list is GSP, Brock and Conor. Andy was close but he wasn't on the level of those 3. Jones wasn't even that big of a draw back then.

I watch for fun fights, not stars. The fights have been fun. That’s all I care about now. I don’t need a celebrity factor to enjoy skilled violence.

Unfortunately the UFC is becoming very bland. We should still have Khabib and Ngannou, they would of made it more interesting
Agreed, I started feeling the same way around the same time Francis left. Too many fighters on the roaster to keep up, even if you watch every card.

UFC is bland as fuck. there are no more characters when they are all on social media, and you know their every thought, view, fart, every damn second, every damn fucking day. no one is interesting. theyre all 2023 instagram drama queens, vying for attention like a bunch of women. no one has any outrageous takes, or views besides sean strickland. everything has been played out. welcome to the social media age. fucking lame.

Stars back in the golden era and tuf era were just more unique, charismatic, and larger than life. Generally speaking.

Agreed, I started feeling the same way around the same time Francis left. Too many fighters on the roaster to keep up, even if you watch every card.
Francis was also a big star, the loss of Khabib, Francis hurt the UFC big time.

Back