Does anyone think the UFC is running out of stars? Cards getting boring.

Leon Edwards

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
A list stars

Jones
Conor
Israel
Potan

B list stars
Colby
Khazmat

C list

Edwards
Shazrmat
Volk

It seems as if the UFC does not have lots of a tier stars anymore. It makes cards dull as good cards with stars are few and far between.

Previously we had

GSP
Penn
Jones
Brock
Andy
Cro cop
DC
Anthony Johnson
Conor
Aldo

I think a lot of people, myself included look at cards and assume its a boring card because of the names fighting.
A lot of the times, when you watch the actual fight of these "boring" no names, its actually pretty exciting.

For the past few cards, I was initially only interested in the big names, such as Volk-Islam, Jones-Gane, Edwards-Usman, and Izzy-Alex
Prior to those cards, I thought to myself, man the rest of the card looks boring, but after watching most of the main card they turned out to be pretty fun.
Non-stars can be entertaining to watch

Been thinking that for almost 10yrs now.
When I started watching MMA
in the LHW div alone

Rampage
Liddell
Tito
Wanderlei
Couture
Rashad
Jon Jones
Franklin
Shogun
Hendo
Machida
Vitor
Bader

Were all figthing each other every other card,
granted, some were past their prime and other green as fuck, but still.

Last edited:
It's not a star problem for me, it's the fact that (on top of all the other shittiness) they're no longer even pretending to be a sport where athletes can fight their way to the top. Fights between top contenders that should be happening, but aren't, when fighters are in different orgs is one thing, I can live with that. But when they're in the same org and they're not fighting because the assholes running the show are trying to craft storylines... that just leads to an awful sport experience for the fans.

Other orgs have been giving me what I want to see lately.

I don't think we're ever going to top this era

ufc-goats.jpg

+ Lesnar and Ronda we're also selling more PPV's than anybody not named Conor in the last 10yrs.

Last edited:
This a big difference between "boring" fights and there are no stars. Karo Parisyan wasn't a star and he put on some interesting fights. Some people on here think GSP was boring, but he was also a star.

Recent cards have been pretty damn good.

Unless you watch MMA purely for "stars" MMA has been pretty fantastic lately IMO.
That's because they have been big fights Usman Leon trilogy
Potan Ozzy 2 in MMA

Outside of that rest of cards have been meh

Back