Does anyone actually know why Dana hates GSP?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because he left the weight class with a paper champion status at a time Ben Askren was claiming to be the best in the world.

Also because they probably wish they didn't do USADA in hindsight. I'm not sure that they would have got in bed with USADA if not for GSP. They added it and and GSP is barely is willing to fight after, and they are left with USADA remorse, but to get rid of it at this point would make them look too bad.

GSP is his "own" man, not a "company" man. Dana rages at that shit and throws fighters that maintain that perspective under the bus.

Connor gave Dana an incredible 2015 and 2016 and now Dana thinks that's how all of his superstars should be.

Truth be told, it was ballsy as fuck for Connor to take Mendes and Diaz for short notice fights. Not many superstars would jeopardize their title shots to take bad stylistic matchups on short notice.

I think Dana was really banking on Bisping to beat GSP. And if he didn't, then oh well atleast Whittaker can gain a little drawing power by starching GSP. But NOPE, GSP defeats Bisping and ducks the ever living fuck out of Whittaker giving Dana absolutely nothing. Because of this, I think Dana is in a massive narcissistic hissy fit and doesn't want to give GSP anything after that.

Fighters doing their own thing pisses Dana off more than anything else. He hates anyone who doesn't submit.

Ask yourself why Dana hated Tito even though he was a draw then compare that reason to GSP.

Currently, he hates him because he promised if he got an instant title shot at MW, he'd stay and defend it. That didn't happen.

Overall, I think Dana just doesn't like his style and Georges has been known to be hard to deal with. He's not one of those guys that will fill-in on short notice for you. He wants a perfect 3 month training camp and the right opponent. It's a businesses to him (as it should be) whereas Dana just wants fighters.

The only thing I can possibly surmise is that GSP decided to leave when Dana really needed to make money off of him because Dana is horrible at his job, and relies and focuses on 1-3 people instead of his roster.

Never forgave him for the Hendricks fight and his abrupt rage quit

What?

Why and what is there to "forgive" about the Hendricks fight? I have no idea what you're talking about.

And abrupt rage quite? Dude, what the hell are you talking about?

Dana knew GSP was leaving long before that fight.

Because GSP kind of left abruptly for no reason when the UFC needed stars. Dana hated him ever since..

He didn't leave abruptly and it was quite obviously for a good reason. Dana knew long before the fight that GSP was leaving afterwards. He just didn't make it public, though we all knew he was....

"If you're even thinking about retiring, you should retire" - Dana White...

"Unless, I'm really need to make money off of you because I suck so bad at my job and I don't know how else to make any".... - Dana White.

He thought Hendricks won, and was mad that he went up and left instead of giving Hendricks a rematch. Since then it's only gotten worse with GSP's cherry-picking, and his whole "I'm not retired" ordeal before that.
Gsp alway passing in Dana's cheerios. Gsp don't kiss Dana ass and Dada hates that. Gsp not company man like he was in his earlier days.
Because GSP has a huge fanbase and can be a draw so Dana can't treat him like shit.

But GSP is also a cherry picking weasel constantly teasing coming back when retired and making demands.

He also fucked Dana over on the middleweight title not following through on his promises to defend the title and be a legitimate middleweight champion.
He did ufc a favor bisping didn't want fight #1 or #2 contender. You people still bitching about that, saying gsp fucked over the division and ufc.

After he cleared out the 170 division 3 times he has right fight who ever he want said fuck tard. Just like Anderson should be able fight who ever he feels like for big pay checks. Gsp, Anderson, shogun, Hendo and other pride fighters was the ufc super stars that made ufc blow up.

I hope gsp cherry picks Conor or Khabib next to piss in yours and danas cheerios

Because GSP is a weirdo and does not want to take any risky fights. The complete opposite to someone like Conor who is a real fighter and will fight anyone. Which is why dana and Conor get along
Because Conor was really wasnt shit but a money mouth. He got gifted to title shots. He doesn't want rematch with Chad. Because full camp chad would beat his ass for 5 rounds. He got beat nate that was not even ranked at 170 and at 155 nate is a top 10. Conor couldn't walk a mile in gsp shoes what gsp did in his division. Conor not even in the top 20 goat.

Probahly buisness negotiations.

If i had to guess, GSP is a big player in this game and his team made Dana feel small and got what they wanted
$$$

And unlike Conor he never took the risks you have to take to really get the world interested. He started to with Bisping.. Even being gone for years he drew millions.

Imagine how many people would watch hm fight Romero,

And the dumb thing is, hes good enough to win.. Hes just scared to really test himself. i can understand why Dana doesnt like GSP

And he bails and retires dropping belts.

He didnt want to avenge the Hendricks loss.. That rematch would have been huge
Hendricks not a draw, seen that when he had the belt. Gsp said he wants best money fights that make since to him, not to Dana.

Hendricks not a draw, seen that when he had the belt. Gsp said he wants best money fights that make since to him, not to Dana.
The draw wasent Hendricks

It was GSP, but Hendricks gave him the only close fight he ever had, and it drew millions

A rematch would have been really big

It made them money. Doesn’t change the fact Dana dislikes GSP
Lots of gsp fights can make them money. People project so much onto Dana thinking every action and word is fueled by love or hate.

Hate him? Not likely. Dislike him? Likely. Reason why would be that GSP committed to something but never did it. Dana can put his feelings away if he can make money and GSP is great at making the UFC money, but screwing over your boss is not really the smartest thing to do.
How about your boss screwing you over? After that Hendrick fight Dana through the first Stone at gsp. Since then Gsp don't give shit what Dana wants from him. Gsp was a company man at one time. His boss through him under the bus so gsp just trying get his now.

The draw wasent Hendricks

It was GSP, but Hendricks gave him the only close fight he ever had, and it drew millions

A rematch would have been really big
It woulnt draw, Hendricks was on losing streak. Nobody wants see that fight after 4 years later. Hendricks 3 wins out 9 fights since his fight with GSP. That shit wasn't going to sale.

It woulnt draw, Hendricks was on losing streak. Nobody wants see that fight after 4 years later. Hendricks 3 wins out 9 fights since his fight with GSP. That shit wasn't going to sale.
Im talking about if GSP took that rematch back in the day right after he lost.

Mma was booming back then and it would have been huge, but for whatever reason GSP ran from it

Im talking about if GSP took that rematch back in the day right after he lost.

Mma was booming back then and it would have been huge, but for whatever reason GSP ran from it
Yeah rematch would have sold, even after Hendricks win over Robbie. But gsp said before that match he taking time off. Dana one reasons gsp said he taking off longer than what he was planning too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back