Do you think that Jones vs. Cormier 2 is a better main event than McGregor vs. Diaz 2 for UFC 200?

Which main event would have been better to headline UFC 200?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The first Nate and McG fight was infinitely more entertaining than the first Jones and DC fight.

This is an MMA forum so Jones vs DC 2 should win easy.

You go to non MMA websites though and its going to be Conor vs Diaz by a landslide

And obviously you feel different about the Jones/Cormier rematch? I mean sure, point taken, everything I said can be applied to the Conor/Nate rematch as well, but at least in that case, we see Conor getting clowned again, and then scramble to preserve whatever is left of his star power. What are we going to see with Jones/Cormier? Jones will cruise to a safe decision, nobody will be surprised, Cormier serves out the rest of his career as a formidable gate keeper and Jones continues where he left off before all the shit went down. The story is already laid out for us. At least there are a few more question marks surrounding Conor/Nate 2 (mostly related to what happens after the fight).

If you're giving me only two choices, I'm going with Conor/Nate, and only because I think that Conor has more to lose than Jones in this rematch. That said, I can think of a handful of fights which I'd much rather see headline this card rather than either of these two fights.

If Jones thinks he can just go in the cage and just cruise as you put it, as a Jones fan he will lose! DC can fight and owns a good fight IQ I don't need jaw crushing KO's or slick submissions to enjoy a technical fight where each guy knows this man can take me out with a mistake. Like Conor resorting to panic wrestling the 1st time he gets rocked.

Both fights should be on on the card, it's fucking UFC 200, go all out, as it stands it looks like a really good card, but it doesn't look like the mega card they are hyping it to be.

198 > 200 by a landslide.

Diaz vs McGregor will be a more fun fight to watch, but Jones vs Cormier is a lot more important.

i think B-Level Jones vs Cormier is more interesting (though a much lower draw) but i voted conor just to be anti ufc :) ...im a bad boy

2hh3hpy.jpg

Stockton confirms Jones vs Cormier 2 is better.

Its better for hardcore fans aka most sherdoggers

I'm sure if this was a TMZ poll it would be closer, if not tilted the other direction

Its better for hardcore fans aka most sherdoggers

I'm sure if this was a TMZ poll it would be closer, if not tilted the other direction
Yeah, if it was a TMZ poll, 97% of the people wouldn't have any idea who the other fighters in the poll are.

As a fight fan jones vs DC easily as a businessman Connor vs Nate is the obvious choice. I'm not business man though I'm a fight fan.

Yeah, if it was a TMZ poll, 97% of the people wouldn't have any idea who the other fighters in the poll are.

To be fair, Jones has been on there quite a bit for all his criminal activity

Meh. Let's see if either Jones or DC doesn't pull out first then I'll get excited.

Hmm, let me see...an anticipated light heavyweight title fight between two of the sports greatest competitors or a meaningless rematch of two lightweights at welterweight after a convincing beat down in their first outing?

The fact that this question is even being asked shows just how extensively the sport has been infiltrated by imbecile, noob, casual fans.

Yeah. Conor vs Diaz made no sense in the first place and a rematch is pointless IMO. Bones vs DC 2 is perfect because there's actual hatred between both guys and there actually fighting for something. Conor vs Diaz 2 is just catering to casuals. Conor needs to go back down to FW and defend his title or strip him.

I don't think it's smart to have Jones headline the biggest card of all time for two reasons:
  • Jones drawing power will be diminished after his performance against Preux.
  • Jones can't be trusted to show up: only a matter of time before he gets arrested again.
The biggest card should have the biggest draw on it. McGregor vs Diaz at 155 would have been optimal.

The same could be said about Conor for different reasons. His drawing power has diminished with a loss and he can't be trusted after that retirement stunt he pulled

Jones/Cormier makes more sense for the sport, McGregor/Diaz makes more sense for the business.

I feel like I made a similar thread, but the Jones/DC match of course!! It seems so obvious to me. Only a Conor nut hugging casual would state otherwise

Back