Do you think that Jones vs. Cormier 2 is a better main event than McGregor vs. Diaz 2 for UFC 200?

Which main event would have been better to headline UFC 200?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Frank23

Enter Sandman Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score

What are your thoughts on this? I think that Conor McGregor vs. Nate Diaz would do better business. However, I still like seeing the light heavyweight unification title bout main event the card.

030416-5-SOCCER-Cormier-Jones-OB-PI.vadapt.664.high.94.jpg

Jon Jones MMA Stats, Pictures, News, Videos, Biography - Sherdog.com

Daniel Cormier MMA Stats, Pictures, News, Videos, Biography - Sherdog.com

Last edited:
Yes but less exciting.

The crowd for Conor vs Nate 2 would be something else.

DC beats timid Jones from Sat. In a boring ass fight.

I hope JJ has something more to offer, or is nose deep in sugar booger on the way to cage.

I don't think Cormier on his A game beats Jones on his A game, though I thought I picked Cormier to win the first fight. I just think Cormier is for some wierd reason smaller of the two on a fight night, older, shorter, slower, and wrestling he doesn't have an edge on.

At least Nate and Conor, it will be exciting fight no matter what.

Of course it's better. Two all-time greats with a history. And it's a title fight.

No way. And the numbers will show it. Nate and Conor are 2 of the most exciting fighters in history.

More buys Nate vs Conor.

More sense and more MMA DC vs Jones.

Now I would also like them to have co-main with Nate kicking some Conor behind again.

For me - Jones v DC
For the ratings and casuals - Conor v a good match up for him for him to get back to winning...

Nate vs Conor II is about the dumbest rematch I've seen, first off. But as a headliner it is a total fucking joke.

Really? The biggest prize the UFC has to put on the line on what should be the biggest card of the year is Conor's bruised ego?

Sorry. Give me some title shots. If you want Conor in the main event so badly, lets match him up with Frankie...

I don't think it's smart to have Jones headline the biggest card of all time for two reasons:
  • Jones drawing power will be diminished after his performance against Preux.
  • Jones can't be trusted to show up: only a matter of time before he gets arrested again.
The biggest card should have the biggest draw on it. McGregor vs Diaz at 155 would have been optimal.

This fight is about bringing back legitimacy back into the UFC in terms of rankings, division stability, and entertainment. Diaz/McGregor 1 was just fun Diaz/McGregor 2 would've been for entertainment nonsense would it sell, yes. But the casuals had their fun fight time for real fight fans to see a fight that matters.

Well. I'm a Conor fan and I strongly dislike Cormier.. so I am biased.

Jones vs DC is more significant to it's division, but I prefer Conor vs Diaz stylistically.

I also think Conor sells more.

No way. And the numbers will show it. Nate and Conor are 2 of the most exciting fighters in history.
Nah, Nate is a pretty exciting fighter, but I can think of ten who are just as exciting off the top of my head right now. And Conor would probably be one of those, but that's not why people like his fights so much.

They like his fights so much because he his the best shit talker in the history of the sport, hands down. He draws a lot of attention and extra eyes with his shenanigans--more power to him.

Most people are into the hype more than they are into the fight. THAT'S what the numbers will show.

The suspense for UFC 200 was killing me before, now it has been distinguished so I am relieved a little now at least.

Jones/DC 2 is a relevant fight. The other is a side show.

I don't think it's smart to have Jones headline the biggest card of all time for two reasons:
  • Jones drawing power will be diminished after his performance against Preux.
  • Jones can't be trusted to show up: only a matter of time before he gets arrested again.
The biggest card should have the biggest draw on it. McGregor vs Diaz at 155 would have been optimal.
Jones drawing power is dimished when he wins an UD.

McGregor's drawing power does what when he gets choked out in round 2?

Of course Diaz vs McGregor would be better.
No one cares about Cormier vs Jones.
But it is what it is.

Back