Do you think that Jones vs. Cormier 2 is a better main event than McGregor vs. Diaz 2 for UFC 200?

Which main event would have been better to headline UFC 200?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I couldn't give a fuck about Jones Cormier 2.

Give me Diaz Mcgregor 2 all day long.

Before the last Jones fight, I would have said Jones/DC all the way. Now I'm convinced that is going to be five rounds of Jones kicking DC in the knee, and I would much rather see Diaz/McGregor 2.

Let's see - both are rematches but one is of a real rivalry with a real title and consequences in the division its taking place in, where the first one went the distance and was actually competitive and the shit-talking & beef has been legendary; whereas the other one was finished in the second round after a one-sided beating was administered and the loser broke mentally, panicked and rolled over and has no title or ranking implications in any division whatsoever, and there can be no real heated buildup since one guy is deathly afraid of facing the other in another press conference. Hmm, which one seems more interesting?

Bones-DC 2 by a mile. Hell I'd rather see RDA-Diaz 2 (or any fight with at least potential to be somewhat competitive) than Diaz-Conor 2.

id take the LHW title fight instead of Conors whiny rematch

Nate dont give a fuck and knows the Conor $$ fight will re-imerge, id go vacay too

Better as a fight....yes, but i don't think it will sell more

Honestly, You can't go from this:

Nate-Diaz-Chokes-Out-Conor-McGregor-At-UFC-196-4-1167x461.png

...to Main Event at UFC 200. You just can't...

Since I'm actually interested in watching Jones vs DC 2 I would have to say yes, it's a better headliner.

no brainer, this fight has to happen and this is the perfect event for it..

Conor/Nate does more buys but the title fight is the more important fight. Still would rather watch both with DC/Jones co-maining.

I think McGregor v Diaz 2 would be the more exciting fight. I was pretty underwhelmed for the first Jones v DC. For all the bad blood the fight in the end was a bit of a fizzer.

In saying that, UFC 200 deserves a title fight as the main event and right now there is none bigger than Jones v DC 2.

Jones vs Dc....not interesting, not hyped....could care less even if its necessary.

Cm vs Nd is completely irrelevant. It's not a title fight. It's not even a contender fight. It's more like a street fight.

No way, McGregor/Diaz II, there would be so much buzz around this one and it'd be very interesting to see how it plays out this time.

Don't get me wrong I'm excited for JJ/DC 2 but I really wanted to see how a long lead up and full preparation for both McGregor and Diaz would play out.

I hope they fight at Super Heavyweight like Conor basically did against Nate.

I hope they fight at Super Heavyweight like Conor basically did against Nate.
One of the draws for Jones vs Cormier 2 is that it's a title unification fight.

hi-res-886a105e3a8ae23a76043454a86ae9f9_crop_north.jpg

Better is subjective. In terms of what sells better? or what is a better fight? or what is more deserving? What would be more entertaining?

Clearly jones DC will not sell anywhere near what Connor Nate would. But in terms of skill and talent JJ v DC is a clear 1 v 2 highly skilled battle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
herrsackbauer
Back