Do you think Rose Namajunas can be a champion again?

Do you think Rose Namajunas can be a champion again?

• Total voters
Not at 125, no.

At 115, it's unlikely, but possible considering she's already 2-0 against Zhang.

Problem is, Zhang seems to improving fast, Rose, less so.
Zhang hasn't improved since her fights against Rose. She's just been fighting people not named Rose, and people much less impressive than Rose was, so she looks better by comparison.

If anything, Zhang is gonna see a downturn soon. She's getting old.

Probably not. Not unless she changes shit up seriously. Right now she ain't shit. She really looked like nothing was standing in her way after she beat Zhang the second time. Now here we are.

Sucks

Zhang hasn't improved since her fights against Rose. She's just been fighting people not named Rose, and people much less impressive than Rose was, so she looks better by comparison.

If anything, Zhang is gonna see a downturn soon. She's getting old.

Agree to disagree.

Rose has everything to be champ again but she will need to first...Take her life back and get rid of Pat Barry

Train fulltime with Bullet or a high level MMA camp

Grow her hair long again (Bullet has her hair long and she is a former defending champion)

The excuse about it gets in her way and how she doesn't want to be "sexualised" for having her hair long is just some brainwashed garbage that Pat forced on her

She needs to find the strength to free herself from the clutches of Pat Barry if she is ever going to move forward

I don't think Rose will win the belt again. She's struggling to land with power at 125, she can't cut to 115, and she's dealing with a surging division with tough new contenders, and already lost to Fiorot.

Rose won a decent decision against Amanda Ribas, but there are at least 4-5 tougher opponents still ahead.

Yes as can a lot of soccer moms. Wmma is weak

And of course she can. She wasn't the favorite in either title she won and she KOed two people nobody thought she KO.
But at 115 she wasn't undersized and also she a lot more tentative when it comes to striking at 125. Rose not working with Trevor is also concerning because I don't trust Pat as her HC.

If she grows her hair out again I think she'll get a good push back up the card.

But at 115 she wasn't undersized and also she a lot more tentative when it comes to striking at 125. Rose not working with Trevor is also concerning because I don't trust Pat as her HC.

She's just undersized because she looks like a regular chick. Which is why she's never really been the fav in th two big title fights she won. In one she knocked out arguably on eof the best in women's MMA ever and knocked out another who nobody picked her against. Weli also couldn't ko Jo and rose did it with one punch. I'm not real big on MMA math but too me that means a lot here.

So I don't think her size is going to make a big difference because she can crack. And I was one who doubted her about to fight early in cos she just looks like a girl you'd see at Starbucks.

I also don't get the hard on for pat Barry. She's commented on it and all the not picking imo is people looking for a reasons to hate because humans are weird.

I don't think she's a big enough star to get gifted a title shot. She doesn't have the mental fortitude which is only made worse by her team.

If she would completely change up her training and go to some legitimate coach I'd be very interested in seeing how she would do. Maybe do some more strength training, maybe not having retarded gameplans, etc
I'm still baffled at the second Esparza fight, she stuffed pretty much every takedown, and then didn't engage on the feet whatsoever. Wtf.

She's just undersized because she looks like a regular chick. Which is why she's never really been the fav in th two big title fights she won. In one she knocked out arguably on eof the best in women's MMA ever and knocked out another who nobody picked her against. Weli also couldn't ko Jo and rose did it with one punch. I'm not real big on MMA math but too me that means a lot here.

So I don't think her size is going to make a big difference because she can crack. And I was one who doubted her about to fight early in cos she just looks like a girl you'd see at Starbucks.

I also don't get the hard on for pat Barry. She's commented on it and all the not picking imo is people looking for a reasons to hate because humans are weird.
She no longer take risks during her stand up especially at 125, so I don't expect her to be knocking anybody out at 125.

The Pat hate is from the Carla fight, if you rewatch that fight, Trevor was telling Rose that she letting Carla win the fight with the inactivity while Pat was doing the opposite telling her she winning.

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back