Do you think Rose Namajunas can be a champion again?

Do you think Rose Namajunas can be a champion again?

• Total voters

Takes_Two_To_Tango

Formally known as MXZT
Platinum Member
Reaction score
I don't believe so. It seems she's not as sharp physically as she use to be.

Just don't see it happening, how about you guys?

jm-rose-ufc-03-0004-v3-1509647881.jpeg

She could easily be one win away from a title shot considering her legacy. And there's no one she couldn't beat - so why not?
She mentioned the weight cut was too draining now. Thug Rose has reached the bulking stage of her career.

Last edited by a moderator:
I want to say "if Alexa Grasso can," but she really is in wrong weight class. 10 pounds when you're going from 115 to 125 is a fucking lot. I don't think it's skill issue. It's inactivity and weight-class issue. Her win the other night was solid - she'd get the credit she deserved if she wasn't main event. She's still easily top 5 best female fighters we've ever seen.

No. Side note, that whole "I'm the best" ritual was extra awkward in the context of the empty apex with no crowd noise. DC and the fanboys hoping for another "ThUg RooOOoSE!" moment, but it ain't happening.

She has enough striking skills to beat Grasso so yes
The issue is that she is one foot out of MMA and has been so for a long time. And Trevor Whittman not being in the corner anymore is not a step in the right direction

If she returns to 115 I think so

I don't believe so. It seems she's not as sharp physically as she use to be.

Just don't see it happening, how about you guys?

jm-rose-ufc-03-0004-v3-1509647881.jpeg
Raquel Pennington is a champion right now so I won't say she can't be champion. I think she's in the wrong division and she hasn't looked that sharp recently. I think we have already seen 'Peak Rose'. Still a very good fighter but not championship level.

Trajectory wise I don’t think so. The others at 125 - Barber, Blanchfield et al are all getting better fight on fight whereas Rose just isn’t getting better.

If she would completely change up her training and go to some legitimate coach I'd be very interested in seeing how she would do. Maybe do some more strength training, maybe not having retarded gameplans, etc

If she's gifted a title shot, maybe if she has to go through another 3-4 contenders, I doubt it.

her being a head case is what is holding her back. i think fighters need to fight to get better, to stay sharp, and to keep your momentum going and she just doesn't fight enough. she fights like once a year? i bring up her mental health because i think that's a big reason why she doesn't fight often. i don't know if she has it in her to lock it in like she did for her SW title runs and reigns. from the 1st Joanna fight to the last Weili fight she looked like a world beater, even when she lost to Andrade. the Esparza fight though was absolutely embarrassing, and i think that's when we started seeing a breakdown in her focus. like who the fuck thought that running away for 5rds was a good idea, especially when you're running away from someone everyone in the world thought you were going to destroy in a rd. it's not like Esparza is especially dangerous or a finisher. that strategy will always baffle me.

Back