Do you think Rose Namajunas can be a champion again?

Do you think Rose Namajunas can be a champion again?

• Total voters
She can but she will never be a dominant champ at 125 or 115. I don't think there is much separation with any of the top 5 at 125. Rose is really hard to gauge, she can barely win or lose against anybody.

I don't believe so. It seems she's not as sharp physically as she use to be.

Just don't see it happening, how about you guys?

jm-rose-ufc-03-0004-v3-1509647881.jpeg
I don't think she was ever sharp physically. She is extremely skilled though.

Not at 125, no.

At 115, it's unlikely, but possible considering she's already 2-0 against Zhang.

Problem is, Zhang seems to improving fast, Rose, less so.

I wasn’t impressed with the Ribas fight. Ribas held her own and it was very competitive.

Rose feels like she has entered gatekeeper status and she’s fighting like it. She held the gate closed for Ribas but she’s probably not beating the top 3-5.

She has enough striking skills to beat Grasso so yes
The issue is that she is one foot out of MMA and has been so for a long time. And Trevor Whittman not being in the corner anymore is not a step in the right direction

Grasso isn't holding into the belt long enough for Rose to fight her.

Yes she can, someone who is mentally as strong as her can acheive anything.

Not with Pat in her corner/life/career. If Pat is saying the same dumb shit in the gym or at home as he says cageside...then that is a helluva hurdle to overcome.

She finds her groove when everyone doubts her. Just never know who you will get. I think she could lose 3 in a row or win 3 in a row in spectacular fashion.

I think she looked great. Her power doesn't seem to have translated at all though, so she probably needs to focus a lot ore on placement than before.

At 115, Yes!
At 125, with her last two bland performances... NO!!
(I've been a huge fan of hers and am simply disappointed in what she's shown as of late)

Her last performance at 115lbs was even worse than her last two at 125lbs. Her approach is obviously different -- She's become a point fighter. She's not sitting on her punches as much, she's not kicking as much, and she's looking to lay and pray more and more. The problem isn't the weight class as much as it's the change in her approach in my opinion.

Didn't look super ripped at 125. Definately can put on some muscle. She landed flush on Ribas and did nothing to her.

Rose go to a second camp and don't have Barry in your corner, he is too emotional invested some times and just shouts stuff 3x in row that's not advice.

Line her up against Barber, she should make her miss all night.

We should have a thread in which we shoop hair on Rose on every picture

It would be dope if she won a title again and retired and grew her hair back out and got reasonable breast implants.

Back