Do you think Joe Rogan regrets never giving MMA/UFC a chance?

You got me there. I have looked up Danaher's record before and from his interview on Rogan's podcast he made it clear that he doesn't compete due to having serious injuries. And it's possible Rogan has the same reason, he has talked about injuries previously. But Danaher is at least backed by a ton of students his own academy. But hey if you are convinced Rogan is actually a legit BJJ black belt with zero proof, that's your decision and reasoning.

He got a Gi Black Belt it from the Machados, he's been training since the 90s and has an obsessive personality.

I don't really understand why you'd find it difficult to believe.

8d3ae9b8010611e292c922000a1cbf2b_7.jpg

Plenty of UFC guys have rolled with him as well and no one's come out saying he's Bsing.

Eddie kept him at brown belt for 8 years under the 10th Planet System until he gave him his black belt.

Strange conspiracy theory you've got.

Regret never giving MMA a chance? Of course he regrets it. He would cement his legacy as greatest MMA announcer of all time if he had fights under his belt.

Recently on his podcast he mentioned that he convinced a kick boxer to take up boxing and that man convinced him to stop fighting. So he was done fighting before he was even working with the UFC. I don't think he regrets it because he was done with it. I think comedy was his true calling, if he would of became a fighter he may have regretted never becoming a comedian.

Obviously, we will never know unless he talks about it, but that is the feeling I get.

Joe Rogan is not, never was, and never will be a fighter. This is all a facade created by him to look tough and cool around fighters. But the truth is, Joe Rogan is a wannabe. He wants to be a fighter but the sad part is he is nowhere near that. So he has to create this little narrative that he’s a martial arts master to the general public. But in reality, the guy couldn’t fight his way out of a kindergarten recess. In short, Joe Rogan is a wanna be goofball who cannot fight for shit. Don’t believe the narrative he’s pushing.

Question: have you ever rolled with a BJJ black belt?

Just because the guy never fought in MMA doesn't mean he wouldn't fuck you up. And if GSP says his technique is good, clearly the guy knows his shit. I'm no where close to being part of the cult of Rogan, but I'm not an idiot either. I've actually trained and know the skill gap between a black belt and a purple. I'm not saying he's high level MMA material, but he'd definitely mop the floor with 80% of sherdog with just BJJ.

As much as he talks about CTE, I doubt that he regrets it. He makes millions as a podcaster, announcer, and comic. I mean, he probably could have convinced Dana to get him a fight if he really wanted. So my guess is that he didn't really want it.

Not everyone has the mental makeup to be a fighter.

I even remember Dana White talking about he himself not possessing what it took to be a fighter.

How many times is he gonna start arguments about toxoplasmosis? Poor Macaulay..

Did you hear about the part in Foxcatcher where they had a white guy fight Mark Schultz instead of Big Daddy Goodrich?!

Joe Rogan is not, never was, and never will be a fighter. This is all a facade created by him to look tough and cool around fighters. But the truth is, Joe Rogan is a wannabe. He wants to be a fighter but the sad part is he is nowhere near that. So he has to create this little narrative that he’s a martial arts master to the general public. But in reality, the guy couldn’t fight his way out of a kindergarten recess. In short, Joe Rogan is a wanna be goofball who cannot fight for shit. Don’t believe the narrative he’s pushing.

Joe has said several times he is not a fighter

I still believe even current day Rogan can beat CM Punk though. Say what you want about CM Punk. He tried. Not only once but twice. 2 more times than Rogan ever tried. If Rogan wanted to try to fight many years ago, UFC would have set it up for him to fight some older traditional martial arts guy.
Yeah I reckon that is the reason why he isn't able to hide his disdain for CM Punk. He see's a less skilled guy than himself who had the balls to do what he never did. He was delighted to see Punk fail as it justified to himself his own decision to never try.

Can you explain how one earns a BB without having ever competed in a tournament or any official match? In my gym you can't get a blue belt unless you at least compete in official tournaments, not just ones inside your gym. And I'd bet my gym is nowhere close to Bravo's in terms of quality.
sure. belts are given based on your instructors assessment of your skill level and your commitment to the craft. nothing more nothing less.

Obviously most doggers dont know anything about actually training. Ive been grappling and competing for over 10yrs and Im not even a BB LoL, just a brown.

Anybody “earning” a BB in modern jiu-jitsu and is not competing, especially the latter ranks and not every damn tournament but at least do some legit ones will never have a sense of what that BB is that they are wearing.

Hollywood Joe got endorsed by Bravo and Machado, and as honorable as that is, and I dont even like saying it, is BS and those two know it
As someone who has visited both schools, has trained and medal'd in competition, and has boxed for decades, I can comfortably state you have no idea what you are talking about. There is a reason pro fighters say 99% of the work is done in the gym. Sparring and rolling wars take place just as frequently with people who chose not to compete as with people who do.

Lmfaooooo I’ve been involved in this sport longer than you’ve been alive you bum. Where is the footage then? He has never ever competed lmfao. You idiots believe anything. Why has he never competed? What kinda black belt is that? Lmao fucking bum
Just by the way you phrase your comments I can tell you are full of shit. Even white belts know some people chose not to compete. It literally has never been a requirement for achieving belts, and if you doubt the legitimacy of a JJ machado bb, I suggest taking your ass down to his gym and expressing your thoughts. I sure they would feed you to some white belts that would make you second guess your purpose in life.

As someone who has visited both schools, has trained and medal'd in competition, and has boxed for decades, I can comfortably state you have no idea what you are talking about. There is a reason pro fighters say 99% of the work is done in the gym. Sparring and rolling wars take place just as frequently with people who chose not to compete as with people who do.

Of course I dont know what I am taking about, thats why I am here on Sherdog like you.

Look, the reason they make you compete for a ranking process it does several things

-takes you out of the “comfort” of going in your own gym, i dont care if you go to war there you are in your “home”
-imitates a “real” sutuation, and against a trained unknown individual going 100%
-you really learn which techniques in your repertoire is gonna save your ass when shit gets real.
-and this to me is the most important reason, i cross trained and competed at some of the top gyms in the country from Miami to Cali, every school or gym has a certain set of tools or weapons that the instructor passes to his students. The students at one gym may not be as profecient at the same moves at students from another gym as the instructor has his own influence. Example, some gyms you go roll, and its a leg-lock gym. Everyone going for ankles and leg attacks and ditching positions. Some schools are more old school and are about positioning and basics only.

So competing puts you up against the unknown. This is the fear. The unknown.

So, Joe Rogans a pussy basically

How legit is that black belt? I want some footage. Do you think black belts are exclusive these days? You can practically buy them online. A real black belt has accolades and proof behind them. Just saying “I have a black belt” doesn’t mean you actually have a black belt.
He has been training since mid 90s and got it last few years
I think he's earned it didn't he receive one of Macahdo too

Pretty sure Eddie Bravo gave him his black-belt. If so, it's legit.
He did and his BJJ is good - he's not a world beater but people seem to think everyone is Marcelo or Roger if they have a black belt in BJJ.

He'd choke 99% of sherdoggers the fuck out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biden's Diaper
Back