Do you think Joe Rogan regrets never giving MMA/UFC a chance?

As a fighter. I mean 15 years ago in 2003, when he was 35, had crazy time rolling with a who's who in MMA, taekwon do champion, but black belt, etc.

It was a weird cross road for him I imagine. He was making money from broadcasting, tv shows like fear factor etc.

I'm not saying Joe was going to go on some tear but back then drug tests were lax and he could have passed them, he could have had a fight or two.

It's too late now. I remember him calling out Wesley snipes. I think Joe admitted that much that he doesn't react well to getting hit in the face. He knows how dangerous it is, and at that point he was already making money from other ventures.

But I know he has a little regret.

I think if he was 15-20 years younger things might have played out differently

the thing is, Rogan was highly succesful before UFC became a thing, he was already rich and famous

His kicks and grappling are legit, he obviously has the raw talent, but he was too old and succesful when UFC became a thing

I missed the part were Rogan has ever claimed to be or tried to portray himself as an MMA fighter.
He was actually on the Ben Shapiro show one Sunday talking about he was glad he didn't do it and get brain damage.
Pretty interesting podcast.

He did and his BJJ is good - he's not a world beater but people seem to think everyone is Marcelo or Roger if they have a black belt in BJJ.

He'd choke 99% of sherdoggers the fuck out.
Lol, I'm a blue-belt and I'd choke 99% of sherdoggers out. That's not saying much.

Lol, I'm a blue-belt and I'd choke 99% of sherdoggers out. That's not saying much.
I don't know man - they are mythical

Date only 10's

make 500k

bench 275

touch people with teh jab

Hell no!

Joe is smart.
If anything, the more he sees what professional fighters can do (and he knows better than anyone) the more he realizes he never stood a chance.

Not all practitioners have a desire to fight.

Hogan is basically a puffed up CM Punk

Yes. He has one of the best kicks ever and he didn’t get an opportunity to use it against other fighters

But he did use his spinning back kick and KO'ed a guy. He even got worried at that point cause it looked very bad and the opponent was down hard and needed help/medic. He even talked to his Korean TKW coach about that fight and the coach was just, meh, it happens, sometimes people die in fight. Diffrent mentallity back then under classic martials arts. It could be very brutal. Rogan started to come to realise about then that this is not good.

looking at it in hindsight it just looks like a guy getting the wind kicked the shit out of him by a hard POWERFULL kick in the solar plexus.

No he doesn’t.
When you are in the competition circuit and you look at how you perform ,those ahead of you,those below you and those who go professional.
Unless you really love the combat and you don’t care about get beat constantly,you KNOW you are not fit to do it.
He,as a sack of hot air that he is,would never say that straight.

Most don’t BUT that’s the true.
He saw what he had to do to be a pro fighter and he knew he didn’t had it in him.

That bold mark. He literally say "that" all the times when he talks to his guest about MMA and that you really should have your heart in it. Otherwise, it doesn't matter how good you are. You will face another skilled fighter but with all his heart in it and eat you up as an opponent. Rogan has stated something similar to this line I just wrote many times in his podcast.

Of course I didn't know that. Rogan has never mentioned how he started training under Machado on his podcast right. BB who has never competed in a tournament. If you can't see what's wrong in that statement, there's nothing I can do for you.

I actually like you as a poster. Expected more from you.

Rogan has talked about how he and Eddie met when they both showed up to train under Machado. His black belt is for sure legit under both Machado and Eddie.

Coleman is a heavyweight olympic level wrestler while Joe is a manlet. Is normal. He'd do that to anyone of Joe's size.
Hell, Coleman is a fuck ton of muscles and he was not sober there If I remember correctly and shoved Rogan a bit hard. Fuck, even I at 250 would fly as easy as Rogan did. Coleman is a tank of muscles. And being a bit drunk probably wasn't the best in that situation to play "touch butts".

If anyone wonders about his records.
This is from wikipedia and I've heard him state them several times on his podcast. Just look em up if you're having such a hard time beliving them facts. He was also an instructor where he trained his TKW and he has also talked about those years on his podcast.

At fourteen, he took up karate[5] and began to compete in taekwondo competitions.[2] At nineteen, he won a US Open Championship tournament as a lightweight.[9][disputeddiscuss]He was a Massachusetts full-contact state champion for four consecutive years and became an instructor in the sport.[2][5] Rogan also practiced amateur kickboxing, and held a 2–1 record.[12] Rogan retired from competition at 21 as he began to suffer from frequent headaches and feared worse injuries.

Joe Rogan talked about getting KTFO in TKD and realizing this shit wasn't for him and quitting.

This. Joe realized he didn’t have what the real fighters have. He was also worried about brain damage very early on. Look at TS attempt to shit talk lol. Joe is an alpha compared to him, that’s why he’s mad.

I still believe even current day Rogan can beat CM Punk though. Say what you want about CM Punk. He tried. Not only once but twice. 2 more times than Rogan ever tried. If Rogan wanted to try to fight many years ago, UFC would have set it up for him to fight some older traditional martial arts guy.
They aren't in the same weight class, brother.

The money isn't big enough for Rogan. This is a business.

This. Joe realized he didn’t have what the real fighters have. He was also worried about brain damage very early on. Look at TS attempt to shit talk lol. Joe is an alpha compared to him, that’s why he’s mad.
Where did I shit talk Joe? Ive already said Joe is a legit martial artist and could have done it if he tried. But when UFC was becoming popular Joe already had Fear factor and they were giving away 50k prizes to contestants. UFC back in 2003 wouldn't even be able to pay him 50k back then. Or not much more. So his options were better. He didn't have to fight. But I think it was a bucket list type thing but that ship has sailed. Definitely in hindsight. But overall Joe is still winning at life. So where did I shit talk Joe? Others shit talked him, not me. Saying he's a wannabe etc

What weight class would he have been?

Say what you like about Rogan, his involvement in the UFC saved his career, he would have been done and dusted if he remained a comedian/tv host

He has enough legit skills and background to do his job. His TKD background is somewhat legit and he trains. He's 50 years old now !

I dislike that he says "When I was fighting" on his podcast with regards to TKD matches. Similar to BJJ matches...those are not fights.
says who? you? is boxing also not a fight? jesus man get it together
Of course I dont know what I am taking about, thats why I am here on Sherdog like you.

Look, the reason they make you compete for a ranking process it does several things

-takes you out of the “comfort” of going in your own gym, i dont care if you go to war there you are in your “home”
-imitates a “real” sutuation, and against a trained unknown individual going 100%
-you really learn which techniques in your repertoire is gonna save your ass when shit gets real.
-and this to me is the most important reason, i cross trained and competed at some of the top gyms in the country from Miami to Cali, every school or gym has a certain set of tools or weapons that the instructor passes to his students. The students at one gym may not be as profecient at the same moves at students from another gym as the instructor has his own influence. Example, some gyms you go roll, and its a leg-lock gym. Everyone going for ankles and leg attacks and ditching positions. Some schools are more old school and are about positioning and basics only.

So competing puts you up against the unknown. This is the fear. The unknown.

So, Joe Rogans a pussy basically
maxresdefault.jpg

lmao 'trianglemonkey' has been 'training since 97' and hes calling a more accomplished martial artist a pussy

what have you learned

What the hell does "reasonable non pro" fighter mean?

Reasonable amateur fighter?

What even is Tae Kwon Do is that point fighting or actual fighting?
Meaning he's not a professional fighter. Plain and simple. Alot of martial artists never have any pro fights. It's a hobby for them. Not a career

says who? you? is boxing also not a fight? jesus man get it together

maxresdefault.jpg

lmao 'trianglemonkey' has been 'training since 97' and hes calling a more accomplished martial artist a pussy

what have you learned

I fought full-contact ammy kickboxing (international rules, leg kicks) from ‘00-‘05 going 11-1 losing a rematch by decision vs a person I had previously beat by dec.

I fought ammy MMA from ‘06-‘08 going 9-3
with 6 wins by submission. Ive cornered over 100 pro/ammy bouts including bouts in Strikeforce and many Bellator shows.

I have a 2nd degree BB in Kenpo with tons of “point-fighting” trophies and am a long time brown in jitz (competing).

Tell me how again Joe is more accomplished of a martial artist than me? Because TV makes him famous? Because million of sheep people believe everything that comes out of his mouth on his podcast?

Back