Do you remember/miss Unsolved Mysteries?

When that theme music came on, no matter where I was in the house, I would come running to watch. One of my absolute favorite shows as a kid.

About 10 years ago people would watch them on YT. They were clearly uploaded from the original tapes. The poor quality and audio made it even more awesome. They would get taken down by copyright and would come back up but they eventually stopped. It became a quest to find them for many people. Eventually they’ve made it to Amazon. That’s where I watch them.

I kinda wish they did original episodes of AMW as well.
Something about those old VHS tapes just make is much more atmospheric to watch. Me and my dad used to record lots of them on TV on blank VHS. My favorites were the UFO ones, Roswell and the Phoenix one, and I remember one in Europe they did.. can't remember if it was Holland or Belgium, that was a good UFO story.

My dad used to like the more crime based stories, but I preferred the most paranormal stories, especially the UFO ones.

Something about those old VHS tapes just make is much more atmospheric to watch. Me and my dad used to record lots of them on TV on blank VHS. My favorites were the UFO ones, Roswell and the Phoenix one, and I remember one in Europe they did.. can't remember if it was Holland or Belgium, that was a good UFO story.

My dad used to like the more crime based stories, but I preferred the most paranormal stories, especially the UFO ones.

I remember one ufo episode, where some pilot in australia had reported some light above him and it was following him. Others witnessed that light over the plane as well. The airplane went missing and was never heard from again.

This was one of the scenes. Do you recall it?

latest

@shadow_priest_x

Season 3 episode 5 also had another fascinating case. Adam Hecht, a 20 something year old who came from a wealthy family and lived in Beverly Hills. He befriended some homeless man and brought him into his life. He gave him shelter and food. One day Adam just went missing. Nobody knows what happened to him. Some say he got tired of living as a privileged person and just went to live in a world where he wasn’t wealthy. There are those that say the homeless man had something to do with it but the cops say otherwise. It’s been nearly 30 years since Adam Hecht has gone missing without a trace.

@shadow_priest_x

Season 3 episode 5 also had another fascinating case. Adam Hecht, a 20 something year old who came from a wealthy family and lived in Beverly Hills. He befriended some homeless man and brought him into his life. He gave him shelter and food. One day Adam just went missing. Nobody knows what happened to him. Some say he got tired of living as a privileged person and just went to live in a world where he wasn’t wealthy. There are those that say the homeless man had something to do with it but the cops say otherwise. It’s been nearly 30 years since Adam Hecht has gone missing without a trace.

I'll have to give it a look. I almost watched the other episode you mentioned last night but ended up falling asleep.

Maybe I can knock them both out tonight.

I'll have to give it a look. I almost watched the other episode you mentioned last night but ended up falling asleep.

Maybe I can knock them both out tonight.

This was a great case as well. I believe it was on Season 2. Some say he was in on it while others say he was a victim.

http://unsolvedmysteries.wikia.com/wiki/Dale_Kerstetter

I've noticed some of the older episodes are much more interesting. A few have been solved this year. One was a cop killer. He went missing after the incident. For 30 plus years he was on FBI's top 10. It was discovered that he had died in 1999 in his ex-wife's home. He had created a secret room and lived there for the rest of his life. His wife had buried him in the backyard and she finally came out and confessed. She received immunity.

Really? No shit. . .

So it's not actually the full series?

Nope. According to the production company, there are infringement laws or statue of limitation on some cases. But it’s werid some of the cases I was curious about were homicides or attempted murders. If you look at Wikipedia, some seasons had nearly 30 episodes per season. At most, Amazon shows 22-23. Pretty disappointing.

Nope. According to the production company, there are infringement laws or statue of limitation on some cases. But it’s werid some of the cases I was curious about were homicides or attempted murders. If you look at Wikipedia, some seasons had nearly 30 episodes per season. At most, Amazon shows 22-23. Pretty disappointing.

Hmm, well shit. I guess in that case, that's just the way it is then. It doesn't sound like legally they'll ever be able to release those episodes.

BTW, did we talk about this?

http://bloody-disgusting.com/tv/345...s-creators-say-new-episodes-coming-real-soon/

I believe we have. Hopefully they do it right.

IF they do it.

This is kind of a "believe it when I see it" kind of thing.

And like you say, it needs to be done right. If they go full retard and lean more toward the feel of the Farina eps than the Stack eps, I'll be INCREDIBLY disappointed.

IF they do it.

This is kind of a "believe it when I see it" kind of thing.

And like you say, it needs to be done right. If they go full retard and lean more toward the feel of the Farina eps than the Stack eps, I'll be INCREDIBLY disappointed.

Farina’s episodes were just the same episodes with him doing the narration, the music being different and him being in some help center building than being outdoors. I won’t say I hated those episodes but when the production co became Nazis when it came down to hunting YouTube videos of the original cases, then it was slim picking.

Farina’s episodes were just the same episodes with him doing the narration, the music being different and him being in some help center building than being outdoors. I won’t say I hated those episodes but when the production co became Nazis when it came down to hunting YouTube videos of the original cases, then it was slim picking.

For me, it's not just about the cases that are being covered, it's also about the whole vibe and feel of the show. It's about the atmosphere.

The Farina eps just didn't have it.

For me, it's not just about the cases that are being covered, it's also about the whole vibe and feel of the show. It's about the atmosphere.

The Farina eps just didn't have it.

I just don’t understand why they didn’t do new episodes. They should’ve given us something new. And I agree, the entire thing was so shoddy. It seems like their entire budget was given to Farina and they probably filmed the entire series in a couple of weeks.

I just don’t understand why they didn’t do new episodes. They should’ve given us something new. And I agree, the entire thing was so shoddy. It seems like their entire budget was given to Farina and they probably filmed the entire series in a couple of weeks.

I'm sure it was a money thing. They realized they could whip something up quick and cheap by redoing the existing cases. Investigating new cases probably would've cost twice as much.

@shadow_priest_x

When you get the chance, watch episode 3 of Season 11. It is the first case of the episode, it is the murders of two women who were killed just a few days apart and lived in the same city. Do you think the murders were related? There is a theory that the first woman that was killed was the wrong woman, i.e. Saran Connor and the hit was meant to go to the other woman.

All right broski, I watched the ep. Pretty interesting case.

I'll say this shit, if in fact it was a matter of a hit gone wrong, then that is THE MOST INCOMPETENT hitman around. I mean, he was just going off the name. "Uhhh, yeah. Name's Mary Morris and she kinda sorta but not really looks like her? Must be her." It's kind of hard to believe that a professional killer is going to make a mistake like that--hell, even an amateur killer--but I will say that two ladies with the same name getting brutally murdered only a few days apart is strange.

Regarding the second Mary Morris, a few observations:

1. They say there were reasons to believe that her co-worker at the doctor's office might have been involved, but they don't go into those reasons at all, so that's kind of frustrating.

2. The police say they aren't going to release the 911 call. I guess I thought 911 calls were a matter of public record, which is why you frequently see them on all kinds of true crime programs.

3. The main thing that I thought was incriminating regarding the husband was the cell phone call. It does seem very unlikely that he's just going to let the phone ring for four minutes. BUT not impossible. I mean, if I was concerned for the safety of my wife, I could see myself just letting the phone ring and ring until someone picks up. What's strange is that the phone company's systems weren't sophisticated enough to know whether or not the phone call had actually been connected.

It was an interesting episode overall. And damn, if the first Mary's death WAS just a case of mistaken identity, well that is some shitty fucking luck.

What are your thoughts?

All right broski, I watched the ep. Pretty interesting case.

I'll say this shit, if in fact it was a matter of a hit gone wrong, then that is THE MOST INCOMPETENT hitman around. I mean, he was just going off the name. "Uhhh, yeah. Name's Mary Morris and she kinda sorta but not really looks like her? Must be her." It's kind of hard to believe that a professional killer is going to make a mistake like that--hell, even an amateur killer--but I will say that two ladies with the same name getting brutally murdered only a few days apart is strange.

Regarding the second Mary Morris, a few observations:

1. They say there were reasons to believe that her co-worker at the doctor's office might have been involved, but they don't go into those reasons at all, so that's kind of frustrating.

2. The police say they aren't going to release the 911 call. I guess I thought 911 calls were a matter of public record, which is why you frequently see them on all kinds of true crime programs.

3. The main thing that I thought was incriminating regarding the husband was the cell phone call. It does seem very unlikely that he's just going to let the phone ring for four minutes. BUT not impossible. I mean, if I was concerned for the safety of my wife, I could see myself just letting the phone ring and ring until someone picks up. What's strange is that the phone company's systems weren't sophisticated enough to know whether or not the phone call had actually been connected.

It was an interesting episode overall. And damn, if the first Mary's death WAS just a case of mistaken identity, well that is some shitty fucking luck.

What are your thoughts?

I am on the fence with this case when it comes to having a hitman taking out both Mary Morris’. If there was a hitman, it would be a would-be hitman. He probably had no idea what he was doing. They said her wedding ring was missing and that is a sign of a hired hit but that seems quite hollywoodish but that’s my point, the guy was probably a would-be hitman who watched too many movies. I don’t think the husband had anything to do with it.

For the second murder, I believe the husband was guilty as sin. He seemed so odd in his interview. I don’t believe you can let your phone ring for four minutes and the phone company will record it. I think he had his wife killed. He would’ve shown a picture of her to the killer unless there was a third man involved who was the hitman and the second guy was the broker. Then, the guy probably looked in the phone book, followed the wrong women and that was that. Then he had to go back and kill the targeted victim.

A part of me says that it was a wrong hit because two women with the same name getting killed in the same city within days is too big of a coincidence. Another a part of me says it was just one of those that happened, a coincidence happens, no matter how big of a coincidence.

Back