Do you like gardening?

Yeah but harvesting 4 times a year makes indoor more fun

Outdoor growing year round here.

barris.png

If you want to be happy for a day, get drunk.
If you want to be happy for a year, get married.
But if you want to be happy for a lifetime, plant a garden.

I suspect half of you are talking about marijuana, a small percentage about manscaping and a few about tomatoes.

I bought a place with a decent size yard for CA and am looking forward to doing the california desert plants later. I need to get the permit to convert my front yard to sand and plants. They pay up to 3500 to get rid of it. I spent a few days repairing the old owner's shitty sprinklers and am close to giving up. Half of the lawn is crabgrass and the other half is pitted and lumpy.

Sample of what the city will pay us to do:

2.jpg

Used to hate my parents with the passion of a thousand burning suns when they made me do yard work or help with the garden(our house had numerous 5+ individual gardens that garden people would find extremely impressive/pretty)

Now, I actually like them.....guess I'm old. I wish my dad could see me today working on my plants listening to country music, he'd have a riot

I suspect half of you are talking about marijuana, a small percentage about manscaping and a few about tomatoes.

I bought a place with a decent size yard for CA and am looking forward to doing the california desert plants later. I need to get the permit to convert my front yard to sand and plants. They pay up to 3500 to get rid of it. I spent a few days repairing the old owner's shitty sprinklers and am close to giving up. Half of the lawn is crabgrass and the other half is pitted and lumpy.

Sample of what the city will pay us to do:

2.jpg
So you would mow the sand or....?

I don't enjoy doing it, but don't hate it. I live in a house outside the city, so we have a nice garden space. We have potatoes, peppers, tomatoes and some nice flowering. It looks great and the vegetables taste great.

It's extremely rewarding to grow your own vegetables.

My favorite is homemade salsa from garden fresh veggies.

Absolutely loathe gardening and yardwork.

Wouldn't mind growing veggies though.

Yes, we grow potatoes, strawberries, lettuce, tomatoes, raspberries and a bunch of herbs.

I love being in nature, there's nothing more relaxing...some may even say healing.

No. That's why I pay some poor person to do it.

Slugs are devouring my leafy greens!

I don't want to use any chemicals. I read that garlic, onions, and chives keep them away.

So, I interspersed some chives within the raised beds.

Fingers crossed.

No, if I want some vegetables I'll just go to the grocery store.

I like the results of gardening.

It has been awhile since I gardened. At the company I used to work at we had a large area that we could grow crops on. It was a big hit with everyone once the corn and vegetables came. It was a chore though for me to plant and keep an eye on. I did have some help thankfully.

I like the end result not so much the maintenance

Mega-thrill when it works out.​

Start with a good soil mix ( Black Cow, Miracle Grow, etc.) and start with healthy plants that you like. Plant in a sunny location & keep them moist.

Back