Do you label yourself as liberal, conservative...etc?

well his decisions would be based on his own sense of morality, so they absolutely couldnt be amoral

you could consider it wrong, making them immoral, but his views are clearly based on his religious morals
Voting to enforce your religious views on others, is absolutely outside the realm of morality.

Voting to enforce your religious views on others, is absolutely outside the realm of morality.

it could be immoral, as in morally wrong. but wouldnt be amoral which means outside the spectrum completely.

it sounds like you dont know the difference between amoral and immoral

There's no point answering this question I've learned. People don't care how you label yourself, they only care if you agree with them. If you agree with them, you are whatever they label themselves. If you disagree with them, you are the political opposite.

They are too myopic (pronounced: stooo - pid) to understand that political positions exist on a continuum.

Not saying this as an insult to anyone, but I think a lot of posters here (not you) legitimately don't understand the word "spectrum." Lots of comments like, "the left/wing dichotomy" is a trick or something equally stupid.

Another thing that is confusing is when people use "liberal" to mean "left" or "conservative" to mean "right." You can be left, right or center and either liberal or conservative. Plus, actual conservatives are an extreme minority on the political right in America today. And a lot of the left is not liberal. The opposite of conservative is not liberal, but "radical" (incremental change vs. blowing everything up and starting over). The opposite of liberal in terms of values is probably tribalism (contrasting with liberal universalism). In terms of economics, lots of systems are compatible with liberalism. I think if people understood the labels better they'd be more comfortable using them.

Back