Do you label yourself as liberal, conservative...etc?

Pretty much some of my views are:

-Very environmentally friendly (need far more regulations and a massive shift towards sustainability)
-Nothing wrong with strict immigration laws, and cracking down on illegals especially ones that commit crimes
-pro marijuana (I dont smoke but it being illegal is a joke and it would bring in jobs, money, and of course tax $$$)
-pro choice (ultimately can't force a woman to have a kid)
-planned parenthood is important and the proper education and funding preventative birth control are key.
-GET CORPORATIONS OUT OF POLITICS (one thing I agree with Trump on is draining the Swamp regardless of if he will or not)
-Internal improvements (roads, bridges, public education, more efficient use of tax dollars ,etc.)
-cuts to the amount of $$ going into "military spending"

I dig it.

...but Trump was lying about said draining of the swamp, as his cabinet may be the SWAMPIEST of all time.....................................

I dig it.

...but Trump was lying about said draining of the swamp, as his cabinet may be the SWAMPIEST of all time.....................................
100% agree, I'm just saying I agree with the statement that the Swamp needs to be drained, because Corporations shouldn't be in government at all

If I had to i'd label myself a libertarian. But I don't.

Christian Liberal

Citizens United is a joke
The amount of money we dump into the military is obscene
The U.S. not having single-payer is beyond stupid
It's ultimately up to a woman to have a baby or not (Only God can judge)
Marijuana being a crime is idiotic and destroys families
Growing Hemp (which isn't MJ) shouldn't be a crime
If you want to buy a gun and aren't outhouse rat crazy, you should be able to buy one. AFTER many background checks.
We should implement an amnesty like President Reagan did for Illegal immigrants.

Evangelical Conservative Christian voter.
throw-up-gifs.gif

I'm center right.

I go left or right depending on the issue.

Right on the 2nd, far right some would say.

Left on SSM, in fact I don't care who marries whom or even more then one. I think people should be treated equal. But I don't belive in men in women's showers and changing rooms.

Kind of right on abortion but still think it's up to the woman to a certain time limit.

i consider myself a libertarian nationalist

i want a small government at home with a ruthlessly pro-american foreign policy

There's no point answering this question I've learned. People don't care how you label yourself, they only care if you agree with them. If you agree with them, you are whatever they label themselves. If you disagree with them, you are the political opposite.

They are too myopic (pronounced: stooo - pid) to understand that political positions exist on a continuum.

ive suspected, and this thread is confirming, that for most people on the right, banning SSM and abortions arent important. many of them are even against banning them

but its very clear that those 2 policies prevent a lot of independents from voting R

Why in the world would you vote in a way to enforce your religious beliefs on the rest of the country? It's so completely, and categorically, amorale.
Because very often, religious people can't be satisfied following their beliefs unless everyone else has to as well

Why in the world would you vote in a way to enforce your religious beliefs on the rest of the country? It's so completely, and categorically, amorale.
Can you give me an example? An issue? Then I could explain why.

Can you give me an example? An issue? Then I could explain why.

Any and all issues where you vote because of your faith and what you think your faith says about that issue. Any time you are voting based on your faith, it is amorale behavior.

Any and all issues where you vote because of your faith and what you think your faith says about that issue. Any time you are voting based on your faith, it is amorale behavior.

I don't think you mean amoral, but regardless, everyone, including you, votes according to his perspective, and in a two party system, your objection is virtually meaningless.

do you expect rip to list every political opinion he has and justify them to you. what is the point of asking this instead of asking for his opinion on a specific issue

i dont think you are using the term "amoral" correctly. maybe you meant immoral....

do you expect rip to list every political opinion he has and justify them to you. what is the point of asking this instead of asking for his opinion on a specific issue

i dont think you are using the term "amoral" correctly. maybe you meant immoral....

No, I meant amorale. It is outside of morality.

I think he'd say that on the contrary, his decision is based on morality.

No, I meant amorale. It is outside of morality.

well his decisions would be based on his own sense of morality, so they absolutely couldnt be amoral

you could consider it wrong, making them immoral, but his views are clearly based on his religious morals

Back