Do you know anyone that was alone their entire lives?

WorldofWarcraft

Holy Paladin
Banned
Reaction score
When I was a little kid living at my grandma's house, we had an old lady who lived right across our home. She was my grandma's best friend. Her name was Patricia. She was a very short, old lady who never married. She had lived by herself her entire adult life.

She was super nice and treated me and my siblings as if we were her grandkids.

She was around the same age as my grandma. Very sweet, and frail lady.

There was a story going around back then that she had "pen pal" come to meet up with her for the first time. She got all dressed up to meet him at the airport and when the guy saw her, he pretended he wasn't the guy and left and this left Patricia depressed whatever time she had left alive.

She passed away in her home by herself. The other neighbors told my grandma that Patricia left and went to another town. They couldn't tell her that her best friend had passed.

It's sad to think about. I remember her collection of glass animal figurines and antiques. She had no family left. No siblings.

Some like it that way.

With my current perspective/prospects pretty sure I'll end up meow chow when I finally kick it.

The first historically recorded catfish incident.

That was one of the most depressing g OP's I've ever read. OP should be carded imo.

When I was a little kid living at my grandma's house, we had an old lady who lived right across our home. She was my grandma's best friend. Her name was Patricia. She was a very short, old lady who never married. She had lived by herself her entire adult life.

She was super nice and treated me and my siblings as if we were her grandkids.

She was around the same age as my grandma. Very sweet, and frail lady.

There was a story going around back then that she had "pen pal" come to meet up with her for the first time. She got all dressed up to meet him at the airport and when the guy saw her, he pretended he wasn't the guy and left and this left Patricia depressed whatever time she had left alive.

She passed away in her home by herself. The other neighbors told my grandma that Patricia left and went to another town. They couldn't tell her that her best friend had passed.

It's sad to think about. I remember her collection of glass animal figurines and antiques. She had no family left. No siblings.

sad-crying-cat.gif

It's up in the air. Not getting my hopes up. Smashed though.
same thing has happened to my friend a bunch of times. Passionate romance that fizzles out real fast. Hope everything works out for you, man.

Well at least she had a friend in your grandma, so there's that.

the lady i just bought my house from was alone

she bought the house in the 50s, her husband was a fighter pilot in WW2 who then became a test pilot. they were married for 4 years and then he died in an accident while testing a plane. she lived alone with their toddler daughter who then moved away as soon as she was 18. then the lady lived alone for the rest of her life. she worked as a school teacher so she wasnt a shut in, but she never remarried or anything.

my brother in law is her neighbor across the street and started saying hello to her when he walked by. she started waving him over to tell him stories and she told him that she hadnt told anyone those stories for like 40 years. he said it was cool because she was 100% mentally lucid, so she could talk about any event from WW2-present in clear first hand knowledge like a human wikipedia

shes in her 90s now and finally moved to a nursing home, she gave me a good deal for the sake of my BIL, thats how i bought her house

its sad because she felt that she wouldve betrayed her late husband by remarrying, so she was a widow for like 60 years. 60 years of marriage she missed out on because he died

i feel like its a white person thing though, most other cultures have too strong of family ties to let one family member live alone unless they really wanted to. like my mom or aunt or uncle visit my grandma at least once a day

Back