Do you know anyone that was alone their entire lives?

Holy shit this thread is bringing the feels. I work any where from 60-80 hours a week running my own business and because of that my social life has suffered. I have not been in a serious relationship for around 7 years and there are definitely times I have been eating dinner alone and asking myself if I am missing out on one of the biggest things in life. Ending up alone is one of my personal fears. I have even found myself jealous of other friends who are married and have kids and shit. Taking care of my employees and family means the world to me but I still have my depressing moments.

I do take the birdshot approach myself.

Well, women during peak SMV (sexual market value; typically 18-23) do not either hence skiing down cawk mountain, running through playboys/alphas/bad boys. The shift comes when SMV nearly craters. Coincidentally, baby rabies kicks off, on comes the good girl act, and seeking white picket fence time.

During peak SMV, a woman has free reign to pick and choose but, it is short lived; even shorter lived then a fighter's prime. It doesn't help that women tend to age like chit, peak fast, and party girl lifestyle + too much D speeds up the process.

Biggest game changer? New girls are turning 18everyday.

Holy shit this thread is bringing the feels. I work any where from 60-80 hours a week running my own business and because of that my social life has suffered. I have not been in a serious relationship for around 7 years and there are definitely times I have been eating dinner alone and asking myself if I am missing out on one of the biggest things in life. Ending up alone is one of my personal fears. I have even found myself jealous of other friends who are married and have kids and shit. Taking care of my employees and family means the world to me but I still have my depressing moments.

You combat said fear with GROWING A PAIR, MANNING UP, AND HITTING ON EVERYTHING 18+/PEAK SMV. Pull or next!

#WASHRINSEREPEAT

I've known two women that have never married, no kids, and live alone. One is an old Jewish woman that is friends with my aunt. My aunt has gotten drunk and mentioned that said old Jewish woman is a 68-y/o virgin. That woman was the strangest woman I had ever met. Of course, I imagine that she'd fit in nicely with some of you.

Hell, yeah. I'll pop that cherry

My eldest sister is coming up 40 and hasn't has never been in a relationship as far as I know.
She does have a cat that she walks on a leash.
Kind of bums me out to think about.

https://www.reddit.com/r/infertility/comments/29gg88/of_ivf_treatment_having_eggs_to_freeze/

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/oct/21/women-fertility-egg-freezing

Single Ladies:

Cliff:
  • when I was 28, I broke up with my boyfriend
  • Today I am 39, with too many ex-boyfriends to count #SLoOTGoNNASLOOT
  • spend our 20s finding ourselves #WHORE

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2011/11/all-the-single-ladies/308654/

Same old story told time and time again. Woman drops good man to go skiing down cawk mountain and chase bad boys. Craters her SMV.

But don't worry guys. She has a career.

tenor.gif

Insert female victimhood tangent right hurrrrr!

Me and the wife are thinking of getting a dog cause sometimes we feel alone in our house with 3 cats

my great uncle died at 85. single his entire life. if i had to bet money on it, he died a virgin.

statistically, married men have a longer life expectancy than single men. But married women have a shorter life expectancy than single women

They nag us into good health and we suck the life out of them

Maybe has something to do with birthing children ?

There is some truth to what you say about nagging you into good health , though maybe I wouldn't phrase it exactly like that. I hadnt seen a doctor or dentist in at least 6 or 8 years before I got married. Granted its more imperative to stay on top of things as you get some age on you as opposed to when you're in your 20s , either way Check ups are like clockwork now.

I have been alone since I got separated from my ex-wife in 2006. I imagine I will die alone in my condo someday and it will be days before I am found.

statistically, married men have a longer life expectancy than single men. But married women have a shorter life expectancy than single women

They nag us into good health and we suck the life out of them

Actually married men live longer because their wives aren't about to let them get off that easy.

Got a cousin whos in his forties who as far as our family knows has never had a gf. He lives by me and we hang out sometimes but the rest of the family kinda shuns him off and talks shit because of it. Didnt realize this was a white people thing until this thread but that makes sense

the lady i just bought my house from was alone

she bought the house in the 50s, her husband was a fighter pilot in WW2 who then became a test pilot. they were married for 4 years and then he died in an accident while testing a plane. she lived alone with their toddler daughter who then moved away as soon as she was 18. then the lady lived alone for the rest of her life. she worked as a school teacher so she wasnt a shut in, but she never remarried or anything.

my brother in law is her neighbor across the street and started saying hello to her when he walked by. she started waving him over to tell him stories and she told him that she hadnt told anyone those stories for like 40 years. he said it was cool because she was 100% mentally lucid, so she could talk about any event from WW2-present in clear first hand knowledge like a human wikipedia

shes in her 90s now and finally moved to a nursing home, she gave me a good deal for the sake of my BIL, thats how i bought her house

its sad because she felt that she wouldve betrayed her late husband by remarrying, so she was a widow for like 60 years. 60 years of marriage she missed out on because he died

i feel like its a white person thing though, most other cultures have too strong of family ties to let one family member live alone unless they really wanted to. like my mom or aunt or uncle visit my grandma at least once a day

There were many women from that era that didn't marry or remarry as the number of men was depleted by the war.

some people in childhood either become traumatized over something that took place, or they are rejected in early adulthood, and it sticks with them their entire lives. like anything else, it's a mental-barrier that some never overcome, or don't care to overcome, or don't even see it as a problem. people are very adaptable, and can find ways to manage most situations. i have an uncle who is this way. he's basically a hermit. i have some of those qualities as well. as does my father. i enjoy being around people, but i'm a very independent person. and i know it makes me distant from family and friends.

Got a cousin whos in his forties who as far as our family knows has never had a gf. He lives by me and we hang out sometimes but the rest of the family kinda shuns him off and talks shit because of it. Didnt realize this was a white people thing until this thread but that makes sense

why would your family talk shit about him? if anything, they should be empathetic. no one wants to go through life that way.

why would your family talk shit about him? if anything, they should be empathetic. no one wants to go through life that way.
I dont know. It honestly has made me wonder what they say about me. Im 33 no kids but i live with my gf. Hes obese and if im being honest pretty annoying but i hang out with him because hes family.

I'm starting to think I'll end up that way, but it's more of a case of not being as caught up in finding "the one" like the younger me was and an unwillingness to settle for less than the best of what I've had. I used to feel sad for those people until I got to this point.

I dont know. It honestly has made me wonder what they say about me. Im 33 no kids but i live with my gf. Hes obese and if im being honest pretty annoying but i hang out with him because hes family.

this is going to sound harsh, but i think it's the unfortunate truth: family is overrated, in terms of simply being blood-related. i know most families aren't this way, but mine is to a certain extent. both my mother and father rarely speak to their immediate family on a regular basis. i'm a bit like this with my brothers. we all do our own things. part of it is also a conflict in personality. i don't know. i sometimes get sad about it. on the other hand, we're all different people living our different lives in different locations. it is what it is.

Back