Do you have allegiance to your country?

That is because you are an American. Your allegiance is to a constitution. If you don't have the constitution you don't have America anymore. (that is not to mock your constitution I think its great)

While as a German the current form of our constitution or government is not what defines me as a German.
My allegiance lies with the German culture, land and people. If Germany were a communist state it would still have my allegiance.
I would go to war for Germany whenever called on. I did my military service like everyone else should do. It doesn't have to be a defensive war whatever I deem beneficial for Germany at the time would be enough. Because the most precious possession you can have in the world are your own people/country.

So you're another Eurotrash snob saying America has no culture? You have no clue what America is. Worry about your own country and how it's being raped by outsiders.

Allegiance to principle, flags for the marks.

"My parents fucked here"
-Bill Hicks

I support burn your flag day, so nope.

Not into tribes and gangs group think.

Nationalism/patriotism has the same cult feel as religions, left right politics, or sports team fanatics. When is all that going to die out, I don't know, but it will eventually. If not, my kind can take to the stars.

Here's to the inevitable convergence that is globalism. One world.

leo-toast-9.w529.h352.gif

Easy to say from the comfort of Canada. You're a smart guy -- move to Malawi and see if you can hold the same ideals from there.

Good metaphor for America, she looks great on the outside, but is devoid of substance, is a slutty bitch, and has mental issues.
<{ohyeah}>

Good metaphor for America, she looks great on the outside, but is devoid of substance, is a slutty bitch, and has mental issues.
<{ohyeah}>
you get all that from a bikini top?, she's the product of an immigrant brazilian and native american.

Easy to say from the comfort of Canada. You're a smart guy -- move to Malawi and see if you can hold the same ideals from there.

I could cut out a good life for myself most anywhere. And I am probably going to be leaving Canada.

I am very aware of how shitty much of the world is, and much of that can be attributed to the destructive tendencies that constantly show themselves between nation states constantly fucking with each other over who gets what in the sand box. It's time for our species to grow up and leave that behind us.

Man, reading the pathetic non existant Patriotism from some Americans here is pretty sickening (don't care about you foreigners, you can salute a wombat or whatever is your favorite animal), making me feel like an angry redneck at NASCAR when you see a lazy dolt sit down cuz they're too busy texting.

I support burn your flag day, so nope.

Not into tribes and gangs group think.

Nationalism/patriotism has the same cult feel as religions, left right politics, or sports team fanatics. When is all that going to die out, I don't know, but it will eventually. If not, my kind can take to the stars.

Here's to the inevitable convergence that is globalism. One world.

leo-toast-9.w529.h352.gif

You're probably a fat, worthless neck beard anyway. Keep preaching your globalist bullshit. Not like you'd be capable of fighting against it.

I could cut out a good life for myself most anywhere. And I am probably going to be leaving Canada.

I am very aware of how shitty much of the world is, and much of that can be attributed to the destructive tendencies that constantly show themselves between nation states constantly fucking with each other over who gets what in the sand box. It's time for our species to grow up and leave that behind us.

But allegiance to nations does not have to be some sort of blind patriotism -- but rather respecting the fortunate situation you were born to and continuing a system that allows you to thrive.

I actually dont believe you could carve of a fine life for yourself anywhere . I will make you a bet -- move to Malawi with 40 dollars in your pocket, document your life for a year and i will donate 10k to any charity you want.

That is because you are an American. Your allegiance is to a constitution. If you don't have the constitution you don't have America anymore. (that is not to mock your constitution I think its great)

While as a German the current form of our constitution or government is not what defines me as a German.
My allegiance lies with the German culture, land and people. If Germany were a communist state it would still have my allegiance.
I would go to war for Germany whenever called on. I did my military service like everyone else should do. It doesn't have to be a defensive war whatever I deem beneficial for Germany at the time would be enough. Because the most precious possession you can have in the world are your own people/country.

Which is why there will be an America 200 years from now on, but there wont be a Germany.

I am greatful for my country...I have seen and lived in Mexico..a real shithole where I was and it made me that much more greatful for the life I live here.

I am a foster kid who had two parents that do heroin..I dropped out of high school in 12th grade...got my wife pregnant when I was 19 and spent a lot of time polishing my criminal resume..that being said.

I now have a very comfortable upper middle class life, daughter in college(no loans) ..nice neighborhood,nice house,i walk my dog to the local Starbucks everyday...

In America ,hard work and motivation is the only thing that stands in the way of success..

For that I'm greatful.

I pay taxes, contribute to society every day through my career,follow the laws and am doing my part in society.

I would never go to war for America ....our government has proven untrustworthy when it comes to fighting other countries..if America was attacked though,I'd be first in line to fight for her.

you get all that from a bikini top?, she's the product of an immigrant brazilian and native american.

We are allowed to share a laugh now and again Lanx. I would even do the Eiffel Tower with you and her just to be diplomatic and ease political tensions.

I bet in the light of the afterglow we could even hammer out an arms reduction treatise that we could both sign on her supple yet firm ass.

america1.gif

Last edited:
I love my country.

As far as allegiance, what my country may ask me often comes down to the whim of politicians.

The dangerous thing abut patriotism is that whoever succeeds in defining what it is can control the populace.

Lest we forget all the Americans who were called "Un-American" because they were against Bush 2's shenanigans in the Middle East.

nah I care about myself, my family,friends, and my people. maybe a few other select groups and individuals, but thats it. Maybe if I was chinese I could understand feeling that way. All people are not my people and I don't believe in this united humanity stuff. People who advocate it are always on the better end of things and are out for their own gratification.

But allegiance to nations does not have to be some sort of blind patriotism -- but rather respecting the fortunate situation you were born to and continuing a system that allows you to thrive.

I actually dont believe you could carve of a fine life for yourself anywhere . I will make you a bet -- move to Malawi with 40 dollars in your pocket, document your life for a year and i will donate 10k to any charity you want.

I said "most" places. That still does not mean that my idea's are not somehow valid because I can't move anywhere at this time in history.

I am really inspired by the fact the humans can participate in our own evolution in a way the no other species can, and one of my goals is to be in a world without war that values the peaceable acquisition and dissemination of knowledge between all of earths inhabitants. A world full of bombs bullets and borders runs counter to the logical necessity's of allowing all to flow freely for such efficiency's to manifest where maximum benefits to mankind can be realized.

As long as I can envision a world that is as free as possible from violence, prosecution, ignorance, fear, poverty, etc... I will continue to move towards it. We don't have to be living in such a sad state of existence, we have the tools, we have the minds to create a world as an artist, or philosopher might, but now with science as the prime mover of idea's in action to make it a reality. These boarders will eventually disappear. It may take a 100 years, or it may take 1000 years, but they will go.

The idea's that I propagate will become much more common place in the years ahead, and there will be a tipping point as borders become a hindrance to progress. It's just a matter of time.

I love my country.

As far as allegiance, what my country may ask me often comes down to the whim of politicians.

The dangerous thing abut patriotism is that whoever succeeds in defining what it is can control the populace.

Lest we forget all the Americans who were called "Un-American" because they were against Bush 2's shenanigans in the Middle East.
Ahhh the good ole days,when you knew bush was bullshit and you called him out on it and every flag waving super nationalist would tell you to leave America..

Fast forward to 2017 and you don't hear much from those same idiots about bush anymore..it's common knowledge now that he was an idiot and countless lives were lost because of his war for profit scheme. Ultra patriotism and nationalism kills people..it is the single most destructive force in a democracy..

Country, not government. I have a much deeper allegiance to my state though. You can keep the other 49, as far as I'm concerned.

The government and what this country stands for. My oath goes well beyond who I call my boss.

And how do you know the government is not corrupt? You're not privy to what goes on behind closed doors. Why would you blindly give your allegiance to such a powerfull entity without 100 percent transparency?

Back