Do you have allegiance to your country?

Imalive

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Not me, it's just where I live and currently pay taxes.

I'm American because I was born here, live here and pay taxes but beyond that fuck this place! Currently I feel it's the best place for me and my family to be for various reasons but the second I feel otherwise I will be on the first thing smoking without a second thought.

Don't get me wrong when I say "fuck this place" I for the most part love the people I know here but as far as loving this "country"...nope it's just where I live. I look at it like my house. I like it because I live there and I'm paying for it but if an opportunity arose where my house turned to shit and it was no longer worth living there or I found a better one I would definitely move if made sense.

No way would I risk my life defending it either. If some shit went down and we were attacked I would fight to defend my family and friends against an immediate threat like if some tanks were rolling down my block but if I could escape the danger by moving somewhere else I most definitely would. I only got oneverything life and I'll be damned if I die in the name of patriotism.

I have allegiance to my home country and the United States...

Face it, if you're in the United States, you have it pretty fu*king good...

people would literally kill to be in this country.

and frankly, if you are a failure in this country, it's most likely because you're a failure at life and you just make excuses...and are a professional victim.

absolutely, served in the military as my dad and grandpa did before me, work for the DoD now as a civilian

of course the US isn't perfect, no place is. But i lived in europe for 3.5 years recently, spent time in Asia, Africa and the MIddle East, been to Mexico over 30 times, etc...

and i'd rather live here than anywhere else.

I'm loyal to the constitution. If Dems and neo cons continue to kill our constitution then no ill not be loyal. Ill probably move to Asia.

If someone like Bernie got in and jacked up taxes massively I'd possibly leave.

That is because you are an American. Your allegiance is to a constitution. If you don't have the constitution you don't have America anymore. (that is not to mock your constitution I think its great)

While as a German the current form of our constitution or government is not what defines me as a German.
My allegiance lies with the German culture, land and people. If Germany were a communist state it would still have my allegiance.
I would go to war for Germany whenever called on. I did my military service like everyone else should do. It doesn't have to be a defensive war whatever I deem beneficial for Germany at the time would be enough. Because the most precious possession you can have in the world are your own people/country.

Last edited:
and frankly, if you are a failure in this country, it's most likely because you're a failure at life and you just make excuses...and are a professional victim.

Riiiiiight. Because life is as black and white as that.

I love America, most of the people, the variety of nature, the mixing of cultures and subcultures, and everything else. But I'm not going to war for it, especially not in this day and age. Too much of the world left to see instead killing someone I have nothing against or dying in order to pad the bank accounts of some old white piece of shit politician or business executive.

enhanced-30282-1404405708-43.jpg

Yes. I raised my right hand and put my name on that contract. And even if I don't re enlist and get out, I will always pledge allegiance.

The only allegiance I hold is to my family and friends. To the best of my abilities I will help someone in need and confront someone intending on doing harm.

My loyalty is with Norway. But i would only participate in a defensive war.

If Russia would get it shit together i would reconsider, but for now i am having hard time associating my self with average Russians, and the thought that i would be defending Putin makes me cringe. Besides Russian culture died in 1917, so except my family i cant see anything worth defending there.

Norway on the other hand is beautiful and kind country, ANY invader would seem Evil in comparison.

Yes. I raised my right hand and put my name on that contract. And even if I don't re enlist and get out, I will always pledge allegiance.

What are you pledging allegiance to though? The government?

That is because you are an American. Your allegiance is to a constitution. If you don't have the constitution you don't have America anymore. (that is not to mock your constitution I think its great)

While as a German the current form of our constitution or government is not what defines me as a German.
My allegiance lies with the German culture, land and people. If Germany were a communist state it would still have my allegiance.
I would go to war for Germany whenever called on. I did my military service like everyone else should do. It doesn't have to be a defensive war whatever I deem beneficial for Germany at the time would be enough. Because the most precious possession you can have in the world are your own people/country.
That last sentence is fucking amazing.
I know of someone who said it with more passion.;)

OT: I love my country and its constitution.

I support burn your flag day, so nope.

Not into tribes and gangs group think.

Nationalism/patriotism has the same cult feel as religions, left right politics, or sports team fanatics. When is all that going to die out, I don't know, but it will eventually. If not, my kind can take to the stars.

Here's to the inevitable convergence that is globalism. One world.

leo-toast-9.w529.h352.gif

I owe allegiance to the Constitution of my country, not the government.

All people are your people, no need to go killing just because you happened to be born in a particular scab of dirt. Besides, that kind of thinking is what got you into so much trouble in the 1930's and 40's. Save that third world thinking for ISIS, and come join a larger world.

3NlOj.jpg

i play Chaos. maybe i should have picked Wood Elves or The Empire.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notnormal
Back