Do you guys think GSP has what it takes to become a dominant 185 champion?

PED GOAT is a different catagory, Andy and bork are tied for that title.

Silva-Diaz-overturned.jpg

OMG Nick Diaz was at such a disadvantage. Look at Anderson's physique!!!

I think he should loose weight, not gain... he looked much slower in his last couple of fights.

The only thing Pierre could have improved from champ-form at his age is technique. If anything, he will look the way he did in the Hendricks fight, a little slower, less endurance, less athletic, and maybe even more gun shy.

But since he "never uses PED's" and supposedly lost his motivation for Hendricks, I should expect Pierre as good as ever. I give him a pass on return fight for nerves and rust.

962e352c1971877f7c0e7278140ec33a.gif

Seriously. No. Guys like Yoel and Jacare would raaaaaaaaaaape him.

I think GSP needs to prove himself before giving him ANY title shots.

It pissed me off that guys like Jacare will be once more leapfrogged by less deserving fighters.

He's a special guy who needs a special treatment

But it should be at WW

GSP is too small to dominate 185, he can put a good fight against Bisping, just like McGregor did at 170 against Diaz, but not against Weidman, Rockhold or Romero

He should fight the WW champ in 6 months

No. He is coming back for a cash grab.
I doubt at this point in his life he has the necessary hunger.

Love GSP but hes small and had too many surgeries. I really hopehe doesnt stay at 185. Haters are waiting for him to lose.

The thing with GSP is that his striking power matches his WW size but his wrestling power is up there with at least MW and maybe even LHW. If he tries to stand up with the big hitters his average chin will get him KO'd, but if he's careful and focuses on takedowns he can beat any of the MW's and probably half of the LHW's.

I'd like to see him take on a top-3 WW first. If he wins, fight for the WW title and if he wins that then either defend against Conor or go after the MW belt. He's probably coming back for 3 to 5 fights at most, so they have to all be big impact fights or else he wouldn't have bothered.

If he loses his first fight I think his second will be a pure "money" fight like Silva or Nate

I like GSP, but absolutely not. He's far too undersized. That along with his lack of finishing ability and average chin would spell BIG problems with the top guys at 185 (minus maybe Bisping).

Silva-Diaz-overturned.jpg

OMG Nick Diaz was at such a disadvantage. Look at Anderson's physique!!!
Performance enhancing drugs , clue is in the title. not just for people who want a beach body.
Armstrong and bonds were not muscle bound but we're still on the juice.

Immediately what came to my head when I heard GSP is coming back.

GSP is easily one of the goats, but he will be a bit undersized at 185... What u guys think?
A bit undersized? He's the size of Conor ffs. Rockhold and others would dwarf GSP so bad.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back