Do people really think Weidman is the superior fighter?

Anderson fans are still insane I see. Makes all that money I made all the sweeter.

1) Anderson Silva either needs to retire or take his opponents more serious or be way more aggressive.

2) Chris Weidman is "ok" but he's done not a damn thing to make me say "zomg!!! WTF this guy kikcks asss! SOO guudd!!" ...umm no, sorry. He's another boring average joe to me who will soon lose the belt by someone, and it doesn't have to be by Anderson Silva either.

For the small amount of offense AS gave to his fight with Weidman he still looked cleaner and more skilled then Weidman, but this is just my opinion. However, opinions do have some weight to them =]

Summer's almost over, then it's back to middle school....

He was the superior fighter that night, which is all that matters.

We'll find out who the better man is in the re-match.

Weidman proved he was better overall when they fought.

But if they was to fight lets say 5 times. Anderson would win 4/5

How about weidman is simply a bad match up for Anderson

People believe this before the fight

Chris showed it during the fight

anderson had the first fight in his hands, he had already gotten into weidmans head. weidman at that point had already thrown his "gameplan" out the window plus his takedown had stopped working because anderson was stuffing them with ease. anderson just went overboard with the psychological bs and he paid for it. the rematch will be a onesided ass whoopin IMO. anderson KO round 2.

Between Anderson and Weidman that is? In my opinion Anderson is just bored as hell fighting inferior fighters, thats why he resorts to ''clown tactics'' to make it somewhat exciting.

Obviously he took it too far but in my opinion Anderson is far better than Weidman, which I really didnt expect. I thought Weidman would have had more to offer than he did, but apart from his one takedown and some decent gnp shots, he couldnt do anything and was tiring out rapidly. If you look closely, Anderson didnt even want to punch him hard in fear of beating him too easily. I think the rematch will tell a different story

You and Nam Pham are the only pro fighters who thought A. Silva was going to win.

I believed Weidman was the superior fighter before he destroyed Andy.

anderson had the first fight in his hands, he had already gotten into weidmans head. weidman at that point had already thrown his "gameplan" out the window plus his takedown had stopped working because anderson was stuffing them with ease. anderson just went overboard with the psychological bs and he paid for it. the rematch will be a onesided ass whoopin IMO. anderson KO round 2.

He was in Weidmans head? Weidman whoops AS on the ground, AS yells across the ring in frustration, tells his coach he "Can't hit him", but AS was in Weidmans head, rrrrrright, do you see how delusional you sound?

In a post fight interview, Weidman said they were half assed shots to keep Silva guessing. (AS has to keep his hands lower against high evel wrestlers, in case you haven't noticed. This would allow CW to possibly land more strikes)

The rematch won't be one sided. Either man can win, sure, but one sided? No. If weidman decides to take him down, there won't be any low percentage sub attempts, it will be GNP till the bell rings or ref pulls him off. On the feet he's shown great distance control and patience, and can KO Silva. Advantage: Weidman.

I really want to be proven wrong, I picked Weidman in the first fight, but firmly believe is Silva comes in all business like he did against, say, Belfort, he dismantles Weidman within 1 round. You can argue until you're blue in the face, what Silva did against Weidman, and against Griffin, and Bonnar, was CLOWNING (and not giving it his 100%). Not "part of his game", clowning. If he doesn't do that in the rematch with Weidman, he destroys CW.

Anderson is just bored as hell fighting inferior fighters

You're right,

Irvin, Bonnar, Okami, Leites, Lutter.. these guys are inferior to a lot of the division.

Not sure that Bonnar was even top 30, Anderson's fight, penultimate.

Weidman is the better fighter, get over it.

Weidman is the better Wrestler, grappler and scrambler for sure. Overall its hard to say based on their fight, the rematch should clear it up nicely.

Between Anderson and Weidman that is? In my opinion Anderson is just bored as hell fighting inferior fighters, thats why he resorts to ''clown tactics'' to make it somewhat exciting.

Obviously he took it too far but in my opinion Anderson is far better than Weidman, which I really didnt expect. I thought Weidman would have had more to offer than he did, but apart from his one takedown and some decent gnp shots, he couldnt do anything and was tiring out rapidly. If you look closely, Anderson didnt even want to punch him hard in fear of beating him too easily. I think the rematch will tell a different story

Your opinion probably should be taken with nothing more than a grain of salt.

Weidman beat up "Serious Anderson" and knocked out "Frustrated Anderson".

I saw nothing in the fight to show Anderson is going to win their rematch. He landed good leg kicks.... That's it. Weidman beat him in every other aspect of MMA. You thought Weidman would have more to offer? Really? You thought Weidman had a good shot of KO'ing Anderson on the feet, eh? Your post doesn't even make sense.

The delusion of the Anderson Silva fanbase has no limits. You guys live in a dream world. I'll be sure to ask for an invite to Never Never land when I need a break from reality.

Weidman himself has said he was just swinging for the fences

Source this. I would like to see the evidence for this. Thanks.

NB. "swinging for the fences"

Weidman was just a step up in competition from anyone Silva has fought since Vitor. MW has been a weak division (at least striking wise) for years. He fought some really easy style matchups and got too used to being able to "play" with his opponents. It was too easy. He thought Weidman would be the same and paid dearly. I favor Weidman in the rematch just because he has more ways to win the fight. I've never seen Weidman rocked so I just can't assume Anderson gets the KO. He could obviously but if he doesn't I think Weidman's youth and physicality allows Chris to impose himself on Silva. As long as Weidman doesn't gas, he wins IMO.

It's yet to be seen, he's got a lot to prove in the ring to be be considered a 'superior fighter', he knocked out a clowning 37 year old Anderson..

I think Anderson Silva was overwhelmed and shocked that Weidman was unafraid of him. If Silve does not have abetter fight plan in the rematch then he's going to get knocked out again.

Back