Do people really think Weidman is the superior fighter?

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by oswald1, Aug 9, 2013.

1. oswald1 Black Belt

oswald1
    Between Anderson and Weidman that is? In my opinion Anderson is just bored as hell fighting inferior fighters, thats why he resorts to ''clown tactics'' to make it somewhat exciting.

Obviously he took it too far but in my opinion Anderson is far better than Weidman, which I really didnt expect. I thought Weidman would have had more to offer than he did, but apart from his one takedown and some decent gnp shots, he couldnt do anything and was tiring out rapidly. If you look closely, Anderson didnt even want to punch him hard in fear of beating him too easily. I think the rematch will tell a different story

2. Jesse James Chastity Belt

Jesse James
    Yes, yes I really do.....& guess what? So does Anderson!:icon_chee

3. Dookieshoes** Purple Belt

Dookieshoes**
    Yes absolutely. I think Chis Weidman is superior to Anderson Silva. He is the UFC middleweight champion. Delusional Anderson Silva fan is delusional.

4. A2DaK3** Banned

A2DaK3**
    Nice. Setting people up to look like future dumbasses.

5. Mal Intentions Green Belt

Mal Intentions
    He got ktfo. Get over it, can't believe people still make threads on it. the only reason he stuffed his tds we're cuz he had his hands low. You can't always have the best of both worlds. He made a mistake with his foot work and got caught. Case closed. Anderson is still better tho imo

6. Lou Reed Blue Belt

Lou Reed
    Go away forever.

Weidman completely deconstructed Anderson's game and beat him everywhere. Almost submitted him, actually knocked him out with GnP (a flash KO), and faked him into leaning into his left hook to KO him.

Weidman even actually gave him a chance by choosing to play to Anderson's strength and keep it standing rather than continue with taking him down and pounding on him where he had been successful, and he still won. Next time he won't be so generous. Anderson won't make it out of Round one if Weidman scores the takedown.

Weidman may or may not be the best in his division, but he's better than Anderson; fighting isn't about doing cool shit, it's about being effective. Anderson might be #1p4p at looking cool, but in terms of EFFECTIVENESS, Weidman has his number.

7. knock_you_out Black Belt

knock_you_out
    Did you see the fight? Silva landed a few kicks to Weidman's leg and zero strikes to his head, while Weidman knocked Silva the FO!

8. kid buford Yellow Belt

kid buford
    Get out of here. 0/10

9. Spidermine Green Belt

Spidermine
    Weidman doesn't have the prettiest technique but he obviously got the job done. Get over it.

10. Shwartz Green Belt

Shwartz
    Chris did better than expected standing and did well in the grappling department, so, unless Spider manages to beat him convincingly in the rematch, Weidman stays superior fighter between these two.
    And I'm Spider's nuthugger.

11. oswald1 Black Belt

oswald1
    This proves you are talking out of your ass because Weidman himself has said he was just swinging for the fences, there was no ''faking'' or tactics whatsoever getting that KO

12. machine85 Orange Belt

machine85
    I agree Anderson is still the better fighter and that will be proven in the rematch.

13. Bull Terrier Brown Belt

Bull Terrier
    On the night they fought, he was clearly superior.

Anderson wasn't doing that shit because he was bored, he was trying to bait Weidman in and get laid out in doing so. Barring some freak injury etc, e will get to see who is the overall better fighter at this point in time when they rematch. I personally think Weidman will finish him on the ground, he was bombing on Silva in the first round.

14. loginphp** White Belt

loginphp**
    1) Anderson Silva either needs to retire or take his opponents more serious or be way more aggressive.

2) Chris Weidman is "ok" but he's done not a damn thing to make me say "zomg!!! WTF this guy kikcks asss! SOO guudd!!" ...umm no, sorry. He's another boring average joe to me who will soon lose the belt by someone, and it doesn't have to be by Anderson Silva either.

For the small amount of offense AS gave to his fight with Weidman he still looked cleaner and more skilled then Weidman, but this is just my opinion. However, opinions do have some weight to them =]

15. ltfightfan Purple Belt

ltfightfan
    Anderson wasn't bored, he just couldn't do anything with Weidman. I was skeptical about Weidman being able to beat Anderson but after watching the fight, I don't think Anderson can beat Weidman.

Weidman took Anderson down easy and went for a leg which most of the time is a bad ideal but Weidman dominated Anderson standing. Anderson said himself that he couldn't hit Weidman. So it wasn't that Anderson was bored, he was frustrated and then he started acting like an ass.

I do agree with you about one thing. Weidman was getting tired, but the guy was coming off of a long layoff and a injury. Most fighters show a little ring rust when they come off both. So just imagine how much better Weidman is going to be in the second fight. Anderson didn't even fight the best Weidman and he still got knocked out.

16. Jesse James Chastity Belt

Jesse James
    Great comment......right on the button......

17. Perrichet Gooner

Perrichet
    Weidman outgrappled and outstruck Anderson. Obvious troll thread though

18. SmilingBuddha Green Belt

SmilingBuddha
    Yes, and I knew he would be.

19. csroster Silver Belt

csroster
    That night? Yes.

Superior to the best Anderson we've ever seen? Hard to say.

Weidman is more well-rounded, and we also don't know how much he will improve in the future. On the other hand, we've seen Anderson in there dismantling opponents for years. Chris needs to do more to prove he's better than Silva has ever been, but it's not a ridiculous notion at this point in time.

20. Shonuff1980** Purple Belt

Shonuff1980**
    Are people really this stupid?
    Was he "clowning"(derp derp) when Weidman immediately took him down and pounded on him?

So let me get this straight, Weidman EASILY dominated AS on the ground, made AS miss on the feet, except for a couple leg kicks, landed some good shots on AS on the feet, then KO'd Silva and you thought he'd "have more to offer"? GTFO, you're savior, the owner of the nuts on your tonsils, was KO'd and lost everywhere the fight went.

"Wiedman was tiring rapidly".....This is a stupid statement, after Renzo Gracie said HE THOUGHT Weidman might be tiring, every AS fan on the forums is sayng he was gassed etc. I don't see it, he didn't look tired to me at all, Weidman is the only one who can say otherwise.

And then, the pinnacle of nuthugging idiocy "Anderson didnt even want to punch him hard in fear of beating him too easily".......People CAN'T POSSIBLY be this fucking dumb. So AS wasn't trying to hit Weidman? Even though, in his corner he told his coach he COULDN'T HIT HIM? STFU.

Am I saying AS can't won't win the rematch? No, of course he can. I am saying Weidman is more well rounded than AS? Yes. His wrestling/BJJ are far superior, and he's proven he can judge distance and time his opponents striking very well.

Silva's cry of "lets keep it standing, give the fans a show" in between the rounds, is because he KNOWS that on the ground Weidman owned him. His "excessive clowning" was him doing his best to lure/bait Weidman into striking and not taking him down. Silva was visibly frustrated that he COULDN'T hit Weidman, and started embellishing the bobbing/weaving BS. Against Weidman he HAS to keep his hands down to assist his TDD, or he'll end up on his back, which means he has to use head movement for defense more often.

Ground game: Weidman won easily, Standing: Weidman KO'd him. Do I think Wiedman is a better striker? He's not as fancy as AS, he was more effective in their fight, but I'd say Silva is more diverse and a better striker. Weidman though, is a more well rounded fighter, AS was a big fish in a small pond, now there's another big fish.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2013