Do people really think Weidman is the superior fighter?

....................in terms of skill yes, in terms of accomplishments at this time no.

Anderson would win 4/5

Based on what exactly?

The fact that he got totally dismantled and destroyed?

Yeah, makes sense to give Anderson 80% of the fights considering he got knocked unconscious in 100% of them.

we will find out for sure in the rematch, won't we?

Not necessarily. Sure, if Weidman wins yet again there's a good chance he's actually the superior fighter.

If Silva wins, they're tied at one each.

If Silva dominates, he's obviusly ahead on points, so to speak, based on the respective fighters previous accomplishments.

Based on what exactly?

Yeah, makes sense to give Anderson 80% of the fights considering he got knocked unconscious in 100% of them.

Based on the fact that I think Anderson is better? Weidman put on a great performance and I'm not taking anything away from him I just think Anderson has the potential to beat him in the rematch and the trilogy. Weidman capitilized on a mistake Anderson made. A mistake he's likely wont make again

People often confuse ''better fighter" with "most accomplished fighter". Weidman might be the better fighter, we will see after the rematch, I think Anderson has earned the benefic of the doubt after reigning the way he did for so long.

Based on the fact that I think Anderson is better? Weidman put on a great performance and I'm not taking anything away from him I just think Anderson has the potential to beat him in the rematch and the trilogy. Weidman capitilized on a mistake Anderson made. A mistake he's likely wont make again

Weidman wins fight ONE by vicious KO after dominating every aspect of the fight.

According to you, Anderson goes on to win:

Fight TWO.
Fight THREE.
Fight FOUR.
Fight FIVE.

LOL.

Not necessarily. Sure, if Weidman wins yet again there's a good chance he's actually the superior fighter.

If Silva wins, they're tied at one each.

If Silva dominates, he's obviusly ahead on points, so to speak, based on the respective fighters previous accomplishments.

*Facepalm* no. Weidman dominated AS, so they'd be even. A win is a win. AS had NOTHING for Wiedman on the ground, ate hard shots, could only land some leg kicks on the feet, Weidman landed on the feet more and KO'd him. AS lost EVERY aspect of the fight.

We knocked him out. That's conclusive enough for me.

Weidman wins fight ONE by vicious KO after dominating every aspect of the fight.

According to you, Anderson goes on to win:

Fight TWO.
Fight THREE.
Fight FOUR.
Fight FIVE.

LOL.

Hey according to this guy nobody can win a rematch lol.

Wonder how Chuck won those 2 fights after losing to Couture?

Wonder how GSP won those 2 fights after losing to Hughes?

Based on what exactly?

Makes even more sense using percentages when the fact is indivisible and the number you have is 1.

I guess you gave GSP no chance in the Serra rematch, since he was knocked out conscious previously on 100% of the fights.

Given that he does it in all of his fights, I'd say there's a good shot that we'll see said mistake again.

Are people really this stupid?
Was he "clowning"(derp derp) when Weidman immediately took him down and pounded on him?

So let me get this straight, Weidman EASILY dominated AS on the ground, made AS miss on the feet, except for a couple leg kicks, landed some good shots on AS on the feet, then KO'd Silva and you thought he'd "have more to offer"? GTFO, you're savior, the owner of the nuts on your tonsils, was KO'd and lost everywhere the fight went.

"Wiedman was tiring rapidly".....This is a stupid statement, after Renzo Gracie said HE THOUGHT Weidman might be tiring, every AS fan on the forums is sayng he was gassed etc. I don't see it, he didn't look tired to me at all, Weidman is the only one who can say otherwise.

And then, the pinnacle of nuthugging idiocy "Anderson didnt even want to punch him hard in fear of beating him too easily".......People CAN'T POSSIBLY be this fucking dumb. So AS wasn't trying to hit Weidman? Even though, in his corner he told his coach he COULDN'T HIT HIM? STFU.

Am I saying AS can't won't win the rematch? No, of course he can. I am saying Weidman is more well rounded than AS? Yes. His wrestling/BJJ are far superior, and he's proven he can judge distance and time his opponents striking very well.

Silva's cry of "lets keep it standing, give the fans a show" in between the rounds, is because he KNOWS that on the ground Weidman owned him. His "excessive clowning" was him doing his best to lure/bait Weidman into striking and not taking him down. Silva was visibly frustrated that he COULDN'T hit Weidman, and started embellishing the bobbing/weaving BS. Against Weidman he HAS to keep his hands down to assist his TDD, or he'll end up on his back, which means he has to use head movement for defense more often.

Ground game: Weidman won easily, Standing: Weidman KO'd him. Do I think Wiedman is a better striker? He's not as fancy as AS, he was more effective in their fight, but I'd say Silva is more diverse and a better striker. Weidman though, is a more well rounded fighter, AS was a big fish in a small pond, now there's another big fish.

Yes, he had beaten Silva very convincingly.. If you claim A, admit B as well.. Don't deny the fact he was gassed out at the end of round 1..

Being a fan is OK, but being a blind fan.. Go figure it out..

Hey according to this guy nobody can win a rematch lol.

I never said this. Making up lies isn't very becoming. You shouldn't lie.

Wonder how Chuck won those 2 fights after losing to Couture?

Wonder how GSP won those 2 fights after losing to Hughes?

Anderson got destroyed for 2 rounds, flash KO'd on the ground and nearly subbed before getting KO'd with one punch on the feet.

But yeah he should win the next FOUR fights. Haha.

Yes, he had beaten Silva very convincingly.. If you claim A, admit B as well.. Don't deny the fact he was gassed out at the end of round 1..

So a totally gassed out Chris Weidman still had the power and accuracy to flatten the GOAT? Man, MMA sucks.

The "Weidman gasses out" myth is so absurd. His punches didn't look slower nor did his footwork. Maybe dude just paces himself differently than other fighters? It's like when Jon Jones burst on the scene and everybody used the fact that he had phenomenal pacing as a sign that "he had little cardio".

Every fighter's cardio is different.

Makes even more sense using percentages when the fact is indivisible and the number you have is 1.

I guess you gave GSP no chance in the Serra rematch, since he was knocked out conscious previously on 100% of the fights.

Don't misrepresent me with a strawman argument. I never said Anderson was incapable of winning a rematch.
I said that it was delusional and nuthugger like to claim that Anderson wins a fight that he got totally destroyed in and KO'd with one punch; 4/5 times.

No I gave GSP a chance in the rematch because he is a great fighter, just like I do Anderson. But Weidman is the better fighter so I will favour Weidman heavily.

And GSP didn't get knocked unconscious. He was awake, he tapped.

I never said this. Making up lies isn't very becoming. You shouldn't lie.

Anderson got destroyed for 2 rounds, flash KO'd on the ground and nearly subbed before getting KO'd with one punch on the feet.

But yeah he should win the next FOUR fights. Haha.

We can always make an AV or Sig bet. Put you money where your mouth is.

I say Anderson win the rematch. And if he does we bet again that Anderson will win the trilogy. You game?

Or are you all talk?

I don't think he was, he wasn't hunched over breathing hard, he didn't look gassed in Rnd. 2.....Renzo Gracie mentions Wiedman MAY have been, and everyone takes is as gospel...it's speculation and only Weidman can answer that.

We can always make an AV or Sig bet. Put you money where your mouth is.

I say Anderson win the rematch. And if we does we bet again that Anderson will win that one. You game?

Or are you all talk?

My point isn't about the pending rematch, but your ludicrous and delusional claim that Anderson will win FOUR out of FIVE fights.

When it gets to Anderson's and Weidman's fight NUMBER FIVE, I will change my sig and AV accordingly, because that is the point I am arguing.

Deal.

Back