Do Luke Thomas and Ariel Helwani have a beef?

I also get the same impression. And quite frankly, it seems to me that luke thinks ariel has been sabotaging his show, persuading guests to no show. Luke has alluded to that 3 times already as far as i can remember. He didnt mention ariels name, but he says stuff like "there something awfully strange going on letely, i wonder what that is"... Maybe im just overthinking, but sure felt like this.

I always got the vibe that like ariel seemed offended or disagreed with the way luke acts regarding many things and didnt really liked him as a person/friend.

I have wondered whether fighters agreed to go on Luke’s show thinking it was Ariel’s show, and then realised and pulled out. Or maybe Ariel is behind it, though that would surprise me.

Seem to remember the first show Luke did he booked Joanna, Ariel also booked her, then Ariel had her waiting on the line because he said he'd got the times wrong. By the time she finished the Ariel interview Luke's show had run out of time. Luke was getting more angry by the moment. Perhaps that was the start. Don't watch him a lot though.

Wow. Incredible if true. This is like the Monday Night Wars, but far less exciting, no Stone Cold, and with fewer people watching.

Luke likes to give his opinion as fact and if you disagree with him you are wrong.

They are direct competitiors. They do the same type of show, on the same night. MMA Fighting is so stupid for not moving the show after Ariel left.

Could have owned Tuesdays. Now they are drowned out by Helwani and all the stuff that emerges from his show.

I have wondered whether fighters agreed to go on Luke’s show thinking it was Ariel’s show, and then realised and pulled out. Or maybe Ariel is behind it, though that would surprise me.
Well... he is not known for Ariel "the weasel" Helwani for nothing.

<DirkMavs>

They're both jealous of each other's superior beta traits.
How is Ariel a beta? He consistently stands firm on his points toward intimidating figures such as rampage Jackson, Dana white, overemphasis, Ali, etc. I’m confused by your response. I dislike some things about Ariel. His finger pointing drives me insane, but beta? How

ariel basically took his show and the cache that came with the show, and left mmafighting with luke freaking thomas lol. no wonder mmafighting is dying. luke thomas is not very good at his job.
I laugh when Luke tries to analyze fight sequence. Like, homie..who asked you?

I just wish Ariel could go back to the MMA Beat. I liked that show when it was him, Luke, Wagenheim, and Mindenhall. The lineups they've had recently have been dreadful.

Well... he is not known for Ariel "the weasel" Helwani for nothing.

<DirkMavs>

I find it difficult to trust anything Ariel says because he spent years working as a UFC employee and covering it up. Then, the very moment it became advantageous to him to reveal it, he did so. That man is a snake. Who then cries and acts all innocent whenever anyone calls him out on his BS. I think he even convinces himself that he is an innocent victim.

In addition, his interview style hasn’t evolved in a decade now and feels very stale. It’s the same thing over and over. Hardly any of it is worth listening to. ESPN doesn’t feel right for him, for some reason I can’t put my finger on.

I laugh when Luke tries to analyze fight sequence. Like, homie..who asked you?

i don't think luke even realizes how terrible he looks trying to break down fights. even when he says something that makes sense, he seems unsure of himself. it makes the show look totally amateur.

i don't think luke even realizes how terrible he looks trying to break down fights. even when he says something that makes sense, he seems unsure of himself. it makes the show look totally amateur.
It’s shockingly uncomfortable. Wonder if the produce or he thought it would be a good idea..

I don't know but i'm taking Ariel's side. I'm not sure what it is exactly but Luke is incredibly annoying IMO.

I like Luke's Technical breakdowns, the fact that several fighters have complimented him on them as well show they have some value. Max Holloway actually admonished him for giving away his striking secrets and stylebender just last week was the latest to give praise.

Ariel isn't that bad. Luke is an asshat.
Lol, Ariel doesn't give two shits about the sport, he only cares about the drama, which sure can be a lot of fun but when was the last time you saw Ariel saying anything technical at all about a fight? He's an instigator who coudn't cut it covering more serious sports therefor decided to go for mma.

How is Ariel a beta? He consistently stands firm on his points toward intimidating figures such as rampage Jackson, Dana white, overemphasis, Ali, etc. I’m confused by your response. I dislike some things about Ariel. His finger pointing drives me insane, but beta? How

Dave Doyle and Marc Raimondi are awful a well.

Shaun al-Shatti lives on soy, avocado and lentils as well. Wagenheim is a middle-aged weed fiend with abominable taste in teenage clothing. Fowlkes is a whining SJW who has regular temper tantrums about Trump. The media is pretty much a joke.

I find it difficult to trust anything Ariel says because he spent years working as a UFC employee and covering it up. Then, the very moment it became advantageous to him to reveal it, he did so. That man is a snake. Who then cries and acts all innocent whenever anyone calls him out on his BS. I think he even convinces himself that he is an innocent victim.

In addition, his interview style hasn’t evolved in a decade now and feels very stale. It’s the same thing over and over. Hardly any of it is worth listening to. ESPN doesn’t feel right for him, for some reason I can’t put my finger on.
Honestly he kinda disapeared to me since the move.

I barely watch his show nowadays. Its too difficult. Twitter is just a terrible platform. Is there anywhere else you can watch the full thing uncut besides twitter?
I think it was a terrible move for everybody. Him and the people. Maybe he is getting paid, i dont know about that. But besides that i think it was negative in every other way.

I dont think there is much to evolve tbh. This is what he is. If anyone doesnt like it, thats fine. I do. Besides robin black i enjoy the coverage of anyone else pretty much.

Back