Do Luke Thomas and Ariel Helwani have a beef?

Shaun al-Shatti lives on soy, avocado and lentils as well. Wagenheim is a middle-aged weed fiend with abominable taste in teenage clothing. Fowlkes is a whining SJW who has regular temper tantrums about Trump. The media is pretty much a joke.
I'll take Wagenheim over Raimondi and Dave Doyle even though his taste on shirts is abimal.

But you're right, MMA media is a joke. There's even the insufferable Robin Black and emo/rockstar wanna be guy who's in his 40's.

You gonna squirt some tears?
giphy.gif

Honestly he kinda disapeared to me since the move.

I barely watch his show nowadays. Its too difficult. Twitter is just a terrible platform. Is there anywhere else you can watch the full thing uncut besides twitter?
I think it was a terrible move for everybody. Him and the people. Maybe he is getting paid, i dont know about that. But besides that i think it was negative in every other way.

I dont think there is much to evolve tbh. This is what he is. If anyone doesnt like it, thats fine. I do. Besides robin black i enjoy the coverage of anyone else pretty much.

It still takes him about 50 seconds to ask a question and he still puts words in the mouth of his subjects in the most unsubtle way imaginable by repeatedly asking the same leading question over and over again. I hoped he would fix this as he gained more experience. It is what it is...

Ariel seems to get too emotionally invested. I like Thomas. He can actually breakdown fights and can discuss techniques. Ariel just looks for drama.
Lol wat. Luke gets pissed all the time and has always been highly emotional also. And what is the point of being a journalist if u don’t report drama or interesting stories? Would U rather Ariel report on boring shit no one cares about?

I find it kind if hilarious how butt hurt some Sherdoggers get over MMA media.

The way some these guys talk in here, you'd think Ariel had literally shit in their mouth.

I get not liking someone, but hating them for doing their job is bizarre.

Personally, I like Ariel. I think he does the best interviews in the business. Luke is fine, he can be a bit douchey, but he's generally on point with his observations IMO.

Agreed. They are both quality journalists imo. I think it’s somewhat related to the hatred of the so called “casual” or “noob” that shows up in every thread. It’s odd because it’s something that’s unique to MMA. The long time fans or the “hardcores” seem to resent the sport gaining in mainstream popularity. It’s almost like some exclusive club that they wanted to keep private and now being invaded by outsiders all of a sudden. I never understood the whole “fuck the casuals” thing. Very weird if you ask me.

I like Ariel a lot, but Luke Thomas is simply an insufferable, pretentious oaf who thinks he's way smarter than he is.

Lol wat. Luke gets pissed all the time and has always been highly emotional also. And what is the point of being a journalist if u don’t report drama or interesting stories? Would U rather Ariel report on boring shit no one cares about?
Sometimes it's too much, I love martial arts I want to know about fight stuff. So I can improve myself.

Ariel has been a bit a cunt towards Luke since he left mma fighting. There was a shit up about the whole show name which Ariel got pissed off about, he seemed to think the MMA Hour should have died with him.

Then he stitched him up with JoJed. She was scheduled to do both shows. mmahour first and then ariels show, but Ariel phoned her early to fuck Luke over. So when she was due on the MMAHour Ariel had her on the phone and Luke missed out. By the time she got off the call with Ariel mmahour had finished as Luke had to go to his radio show.

Lol, Ariel doesn't give two shits about the sport, he only cares about the drama, which sure can be a lot of fun but when was the last time you saw Ariel saying anything technical at all about a fight? He's an instigator who coudn't cut it covering more serious sports therefor decided to go for mma.

He’s a journalist, not an analyst. His job isn’t to breakdown technique, it’s to talk about the industry.

Not sure you understand the difference

He’s a journalist, not an analyst. His job isn’t to breakdown technique, it’s to talk about the industry.

Not sure you understand the difference
I’m not asking him to breakdown anything. I’m talking about a simple technical comment such as fighter x showed up with a great plan and nutrilized fighter y by using this and that. All the other so called journalists do it. He doesn’t because he only cares about the drama and has zero interest in the sport and the fights themselves.

Lol, Ariel doesn't give two shits about the sport, he only cares about the drama, which sure can be a lot of fun but when was the last time you saw Ariel saying anything technical at all about a fight? He's an instigator who coudn't cut it covering more serious sports therefor decided to go for mma.

Said it a million times but
If helwani could cover a real sport like basketball he would be gone in a flash

I think he would bail if WWE offered him work, MMA is like his 3rd choice sport to cover

I’m not asking him to breakdown anything. I’m talking about a simple technical comment such as fighter x showed up with a great plan and nutrilized fighter y by using this and that. All the other so called journalists do it. He doesn’t because he only cares about the drama and has zero interest in the sport and the fights themselves.

What? Lol, i suggest you listen to his shows, he’s praised many a fighters for good game plans or doing some insanely sick shit in the cage. But he doesn’t try to comment on technique because that is not what he is an expert in. He is a journalist and he covers the sport. Much better than Luke does.

And lol @ saying Ariel cares nothing about this sport. Just stop man. I get it, you dislike him, but stop giving your opinion on the subject because you come off as an idiot.

They have an on-going competition, it's called "The Biggest Cuck".

Shit's very competitive and there is animosity between the two.

Rumour has it that luke has an 11" Cuck, making him the biggest no doubt.

I like Helwani, good reporter in my opinion. Thomas on the other hand is a complete and utter moron, he has a huge ego and he is so opinionated on everything. Thomas has a very strong personality, but its not good for a interviewer because he dominates way too much over the fighter. He seems to have an opinion on everything.

MMA Hour was a million times better with Helwani, for me.

What? Lol, i suggest you listen to his shows, he’s praised many a fighters for good game plans or doing some insanely sick shit in the cage. But he doesn’t try to comment on technique because that is not what he is an expert in. He is a journalist and he covers the sport. Much better than Luke does.

And lol @ saying Ariel cares nothing about this sport. Just stop man. I get it, you dislike him, but stop giving your opinion on the subject because you come off as an idiot.
I've listened to plenty of his shows, he doesn't care about fighting at all.

I bet most of Luke's current or former colleagues can't stand him.
After Ariel had moved to espn I do remember Luke going in hard on people who praised cm punk and saying they are to blame for all the nonsense matchmaking, Ariel was one of those people . I hope the stuff about Ariel messing with Luke's show is true, Luke deserves it for being such a shit human being.

At the same time, Helwani implied that he wasn't happy about the show continuing and wished MMA Fighting had just killed it off..
Interesting... I always thought Ariel should be happy that MMA fighters have access to somewhat reliable show with steady viewership.

Back