do Bellator Fighters make good money?

Sure, but they can only afford to give him a fight once a year. I'd love to know what the UFC were offering when he went into free agency.

$1k if they lose. And not just that, they have to sell a certain number of tickets to get on the card. And then they make them fight after the main event in the non-televised portion.

The lowest level UFC guy makes $12.5k guarenteed. $22.5k if he wins.
i'd bet it was nothing close to $400k, but he is an exception. In general the UFC fighters get paid more.

i'd bet it was nothing close to $400k, but he is an exception. In general the UFC fighters get paid more.

Personally, it's not that hard to believe. Moose and Rory are absolutely legit.. Prying them away from the UFC couldn't have been cheap.

Rory has everything for becoming a star. And he already beat the crap of the champion and the last belt challenger of the UFC.

So I think he may be making more money now.

Same with Mousassi. If I remember correctly, he went to Bellator just before UFC announced Withaker vs Romero for the interim belt.

Personally, it's not that hard to believe. Moose and Rory are absolutely legit.. Prying them away from the UFC couldn't have been cheap.
I was answering your question about what the UFC was offering.

If I recall correctly Mousasi said the money was about the same, he wasn't very happy with the UFC

its only the big pond owner who is trying to convince rory and moose that they are average fish......they know better.....and so does bellator, the fans and their sponsors.....
I'd have to agree, but this is Sherdog so fuck you and your attempt to convince me with your logical and sound argument!

top guys are probably made good dough, plus sponsorships.

different pay model, no bonuses like ufc, so you have to debase yourself and beg for a bonus in the post fight intevrview also downside is no access to ufc performance center (not sure how much that is worth but some places like LA fitness can charge 29.99/month)
"L.A. fitness".. still laughing!

Wasn't Rory already pissed with Bellator. I no the undercard guys are forced to sell tickets and get paid nothing to be on the card

Being physically traumatized for peanuts doesn't seem to make sense to me and for me. For all but a few of the top fighters making $500,000 in five years of fighting is the best imaginable outcome. I could never make that as a fighter because there isn't anyone in my weight class in the last twenty years that I could beat - in my "prime" even. I wouldn't fight 15 fights for $500,000, even if I could win most of them (which I couldn't).
It's a goldie quote whenever things get gnarley in the cage. Lol

Back