do Bellator Fighters make good money?

That’s not necessarily true. If you look at the purses released by the state commissions for a typical UFC and Bellator event, the UFC pays better on average for low and mid-tier fighters. The main card fight salaries for each promotion are varied and depends on the fighters.

No what I meant was middle tier UFC fighters with bigger names will get paid more by Bellator, Ie: Phil Davis, Matt mitrione, Ryan bader,

Otherwise Bellator isn't paying jack shit

I guess it pays to be the big fish in a smaller pond vs an average fish in a big pond.

Top 5ish guys from the UFC have a really good chance of becoming champ over at Bellator. Rory is a UFC championship level WW and Mousasi is as well for MW. With how stacked UFC divisions are, money fights and interim belts galore and all the other BS going on in the UFC their opportunities to actually get the unified strap are more limited.

You better believe these guys can make a killing as Bellator champs. It's also part of Bellator's long term strategy to have at least some divisions where they could conceivably have the best fighter in the world as their champ. This gives the organisation legitimacy and will slowly draw more and more eyeballs their way.

Last edited:
Different strategy for bellator

Very little money for undercard / lower card

All the money thrown into “main event guys/ draw guys”

Undercards are an absolute joke

I think they go in planning to make more money. They always assume they're going to keep winning and stay in the spotlight though.

One loss and they're not the "awesome UFC guy" anymore though. They're just another Bellator guy.

no. but she doesnt have to give 20% of her wages to the chef, 20% to the waitress school she went to, and 10% to the guy who made her pen and notepad

Actually she does; 15-20% to other staff

There's guys really making $2k to fight MMA on the second biggest organization?
Jesus Christ.

because they keep losing. I have yet to see a guy in the UFC become super successful, undefeated then say "hey Im going over to Belator"

its usually after a string of losses or constantly losing titleshots
What?, your search is over... Mousasi.

I guess it pays to be the big fish in a smaller pond vs an average fish in a big pond.
its only the big pond owner who is trying to convince rory and moose that they are average fish......they know better.....and so does bellator, the fans and their sponsors.....

It’s funny when people post this stuff because it shows they legitimately do not watch any MMA outside of the UFC. Askren has been finishing opponents since the back half of his Bellator career, which was years ago.

Stooge.
Crushing cans and proclaiming GOAT status makes Askren the "stooge" here

Don't get the paycheck they'd get in the UFC, however, they get their sponsors and sponsorship money...reebok deal is still lame.

because they keep losing. I have yet to see a guy in the UFC become super successful, undefeated then say "hey Im going over to Belator"

Mousasi?

so you wanna be a fighter

<Goldie11>
Being physically traumatized for peanuts doesn't seem to make sense to me and for me. For all but a few of the top fighters making $500,000 in five years of fighting is the best imaginable outcome. I could never make that as a fighter because there isn't anyone in my weight class in the last twenty years that I could beat - in my "prime" even. I wouldn't fight 15 fights for $500,000, even if I could win most of them (which I couldn't).

Its not just about winning and losing. Look at Mousasi.

The very top UFC fighters earn much more than anyone in Bellator.
The fighters at the bottom of the UFC earn much more than their equivalents in Bellator.

Bellator doesn't have $50k bonuses, if you're getting bonuses in the UFC you're probably getting a lot more than you would in Bellator.

Look at the Bellator disclosed pay for most events. Overeem usually earns more than is paid for the entire Bellator card.

Rory made 59k against Lawler in UFC
Rory made 400k against Daley in Bellator

/thread

Sure, but they can only afford to give him a fight once a year. I'd love to know what the UFC were offering when he went into free agency.

There's guys really making $2k to fight MMA on the second biggest organization?
Jesus Christ.

$1k if they lose. And not just that, they have to sell a certain number of tickets to get on the card. And then they make them fight after the main event in the non-televised portion.

The lowest level UFC guy makes $12.5k guarenteed. $22.5k if he wins.

hes still boring though

Finished 7 of his last 8 opponents and you call that boring?

Clearly you haven't seen any of his fights and are just parroting what the other useless lackwits on sherdog say about him. He evolved a long time ago...

Back