do Bellator Fighters make good money?

Middle Tier name fighters can make a shitload there because they will pay more than UFC thinks they are worth. Lower tier fighters are makinjack shit

no. but she doesnt have to give 20% of her wages to the chef, 20% to the waitress school she went to, and 10% to the guy who made her pen and notepad
dont forget the busser, the expo, and the bartender

god forbid she works at a dennys next to a nightclub

Ben Askren? The retired sleep therapist?

It’s funny when people post this stuff because it shows they legitimately do not watch any MMA outside of the UFC. Askren has been finishing opponents since the back half of his Bellator career, which was years ago.

Stooge.

Other guys leave because they want their sponorship money. It's fucked up that the UFC brass has basically taken money away from their fighters just cause..

Cmon bro, that 2500 a fight rebook money is YUUGE

It’s funny when people post this stuff because it shows they legitimately do not watch any MMA outside of the UFC. Askren has been finishing opponents since the back half of his Bellator career, which was years ago.

Stooge.
hes still boring though

Yes, I think they have contracts where you pay Bellator $500 to show, and Bellator pays you $500 if you win, so you breakeven. If your opponent doesn't make weight, you have to pay 20% of the $500 that he pays Bellator.
so you wanna be a fighter

<Goldie11>

Middle Tier name fighters can make a shitload there because they will pay more than UFC thinks they are worth. Lower tier fighters are makinjack shit

That’s not necessarily true. If you look at the purses released by the state commissions for a typical UFC and Bellator event, the UFC pays better on average for low and mid-tier fighters. The main card fight salaries for each promotion are varied and depends on the fighters.

The fighters the ufc couldn't/wouldn't match contract price with do. Under card guys make crap though.

UFC is probably still the best paying org. Correct me if I am wrong, but I don’t believe that Bellator has restrictions on sponsorship like the UFC’s Reebok deal, so some guys may actually make better sponsorship coin in Bellator.
A lot of guys have said that they make more in endorsements than in UFC salary and that when they got cut at the knees by Reebok, many considered jumping ship. I think the pay is relatively similar but the endorsements push them over the top.

Last edited:
Rory made 59k against Lawler in UFC
Rory made 400k against Daley in Bellator

/thread

are guys like Phil Davis, Ben Askren, Ryan Bader and Rory Mac getting good paychecks as apposed to their UFC careers?
Askren left Bellator 4 1/2 years ago and is now retired so he isn't getting much from them TBH.
The others seem to be getting better money or = and the benefit of getting sponsors above Reebok.

hes still boring though

I guess a guy with better wrestling skills than pretty much anyone in MMA who is consistently finishing fighters is boring.

Everyone can't be Colby Covington

2k +2k is the new deal it appears. However there a couple guys stll on the 1+1...

Shit, i remember when $2,000/$2,000 was the norm in UFC I.e. U Fight Cheap

top guys are probably made good dough, plus sponsorships.

different pay model, no bonuses like ufc, so you have to debase yourself and beg for a bonus in the post fight intevrview also downside is no access to ufc performance center (not sure how much that is worth but some places like LA fitness can charge 29.99/month)

Nobody in bellator has good sponsors. Local car dealerships

Yes, I think they have contracts where you pay Bellator $500 to show, and Bellator pays you $500 if you win, so you breakeven. If your opponent doesn't make weight, you have to pay 20% of the $500 that he pays Bellator.
But that sponsorship money makes it worth it.

because they keep losing. I have yet to see a guy in the UFC become super successful, undefeated then say "hey Im going over to Belator"

its usually after a string of losses or constantly losing titleshots
Moose was kicking a lot of ass when he didn't renew his deal with the UFC, dude probably was right on the doorstep of a middleweight title shot.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
durbanik916
Back