Media DJ saying he will "work his way up" and earn the belt

the fights won't be easy for him because theyre gonna make him fight 1 v 2. i mean mm will still win against 2 fighters but he'll struggle at times for sure.

No, he was not. He asked to be PAID for this “superfight”.

It’s funny how dimwits say he was scared of TJ, when he has fought (and beat) people that have beat TJ himself.

You guys know DJ has more fights at 135 lbs than he does at 125 lbs right? What makes you think he’s scared of TJ? He’s literally said in dozens of interviews, he’d happily take the fight if he was being compensated for it as he should. Don’t ask him to take a “superfight” if his pay is going to be the same.

And please, don’t give me the bs about people being needle movers etcetcetc. DC vs Stipe did 250k ppv buys so lets not act like those guys move any needles either.
He fought someone else, for less money on the same card.

He obviously knew he would lose and wanted his golden parachute paycheck.

Instead he lost to a lesser opponent and got booted out.

I feel like I don’t care as much because I don’t know who his opponents could be on ONE. He should have just fuckin fought TJ
He’s gonna go down in history as the guy that ran off to ONE he was so scared shitless to fight TJ

What?

It’s not just the insane amount of wins in a row at 125 that he had including a record # of title defenses, but, it’s the manner in which he did it.

If you don’t think MM is one of the greatest fighters to ever compete in MMA, then you really don’t know shit about MMA at all. He is one of the most complete fighters to ever step into the octagon and he proved it many many times.
He's one of the best for sure. But nothing he does in ONE is going to add anything to his legacy. And when it comes down to it years down the road everyone's going to say yeah he was pretty good but then he fought lesser competition the end of his career.

No, he was not. He asked to be PAID for this “superfight”.

It’s funny how dimwits say he was scared of TJ, when he has fought (and beat) people that have beat TJ himself.

You guys know DJ has more fights at 135 lbs than he does at 125 lbs right? What makes you think he’s scared of TJ? He’s literally said in dozens of interviews, he’d happily take the fight if he was being compensated for it as he should. Don’t ask him to take a “superfight” if his pay is going to be the same.

And please, don’t give me the bs about people being needle movers etcetcetc. DC vs Stipe did 250k ppv buys so lets not act like those guys move any needles either.

A dj headlining card would be lucky to break 100k in ppvs.

He probably has a ten fight contract for 10 million dollars. He wants easy fights to stretch it out. ONE will most likely fold in a few years due to their spending and poor revenues.

Yup, if I were him I would fight as often as possible. Just in case

He's one of the best for sure. But nothing he does in ONE is going to add anything to his legacy. And when it comes down to it years down the road everyone's going to say yeah he was pretty good but then he fought lesser competition the end of his career.
Eh, not really. Maybe everyone on sherdog.
Right now people are begging for the LW champion to fight the rightful challenger and the HW champion picked a fighter who wasn't ready for a titleshot (but at least he was honest about picking him). Just two examples out of the pile.

lol the champ is a can.

DJ could run the gauntlet on the entire division in 1 night.

Sad. He barely had comp in the UFC. He is now going to fight C level Flyweights?

Good for him for making a bunch of money but man, it can't be very fun to have absolutely zero competition. Not a single win in this org means a damn thing for his career.

Yup, if I were him I would fight as often as possible. Just in case
I believe one fc is going to fold. In terms of “rich” countries in Asia. It’s Japan, Korea and Singapore and maybe China/India due to sheer size. One fc is based out of Singapore but the locals are fickle as hell. I am pretty sure the mma buzz passed. They are investing in other countries now but they are on the “poor” side. One recently had an injection of cash flow from Indian investors. I hope they can make something happen there

What?

It’s not just the insane amount of wins in a row at 125 that he had including a record # of title defenses, but, it’s the manner in which he did it.

If you don’t think MM is one of the greatest fighters to ever compete in MMA, then you really don’t know shit about MMA at all. He is one of the most complete fighters to ever step into the octagon and he proved it many many times.

just because you're a fanboy of DJ doesnt make you anymore knowledgeable on the sport than someone who isnt

how about being more opened minded to people's opinions rather than trying to be a basement expert

Good for him. He is a great fighter and I will be tuning in to watch him fight.

If you don't watch ONE, you would not know them...if you do watch ONE, you would.

A lot of ONE fans were introduced to MMA thru ONE and would be much more familiar with those 4 than they would with DJ.

As someone who follows both, I don't think any of those 4 have much chance against DJ.

I don't care what the haters say about MM, I still feel like shit the UFC loses one of the greatest fighters of all time during his prime. Doesn't feel good.

Already the best at 125lbs. ever regardless of what trolls might say. This ONE thing is a victory lap like if Fedor went to KOTC after PRIDE...he was already the best unless he loses ONE doesn't do anything to define DJ's career other than add to his bank account (which is a metric now for how good a fighter is with thirsty kids...what's next, bragging about how much "march" a fighter sells?).

If you don't watch ONE, you would not know them...if you do watch ONE, you would.

A lot of ONE fans were introduced to MMA thru ONE and would be much more familiar with those 4 than they would with DJ.

As someone who follows both, I don't think any of those 4 have much chance against DJ.
Unfortunately i watch both and the thought of MM moving from Cejudo to these guys is kinda disgusting. I know Aoki did it but Aoki's always been a ducker. MM's a true fighter - he kept on fighting despite knowing not many people gave much of a shit when he fought

Eh, not really. Maybe everyone on sherdog.
Right now people are begging for the LW champion to fight the rightful challenger and the HW champion picked a fighter who wasn't ready for a titleshot (but at least he was honest about picking him). Just two examples out of the pile.
Those two things have nothing to do with DJ losing his last fight and moving to another organization where these no talent. It's on a case per case basis and MM took the easy path to good money, not legacy. Other people are going to build better legacies off fighting better competition, MM isn't.

these dudes bout to get wiz-barred, mouse-trapped, twitch-sliced then get their fallen bodies ex-HUMED (gettit?) then start all over again until MM contract is up.

Back