Media DJ saying he will "work his way up" and earn the belt

He probably has a ten fight contract for 10 million dollars. He wants easy fights to stretch it out. ONE will most likely fold in a few years due to their spending and poor revenues.

Does anyone know exactly how ONE is doing? They seem dishonest as hell. They were trying to pretend they were going to rival UFC.

One thing for sure, he he retires in One he's never going to be referred to as the best ever.
He's already up there though, you can't take away what he's done because of what he's doing now. That shit don't make any sense.

Unfortunately i watch both and the thought of MM moving from Cejudo to these guys is kinda disgusting. I know Aoki did it but Aoki's always been a ducker. MM's a true fighter - he kept on fighting despite knowing not many people gave much of a shit when he fought

Aoki isn't as bad a ducker as people say...he's caught his fair share of beat downs (mach anybody?)

LMAO DJ riding this contract big time. Good for him i guess, says he will earn a title shot, won't cut in line because others have been working long time. I just see it as DJ getting easy money for a few fights then a marginal challenge when he gets the belt in ONE FC

That actually made me respect DJ more. I'm actually super excited to see how his career develops over there. I think he'll be bigger than ever. I admire his humility. Get that money homie!

Does anyone know exactly how ONE is doing? They seem dishonest as hell. They were trying to pretend they were going to rival UFC.
Asia doesn’t really have mma ppv and all rich markets have their own promotion

just because you're a fanboy of DJ doesnt make you anymore knowledgeable on the sport than someone who isnt

how about being more opened minded to people's opinions rather than trying to be a basement expert

Just because you have an opinion doesn't make it a good one bud.

Again, if you think DJ is not one of the best mma fighters in history, you really have little to no knowledge of the sport. This isn't even debatable

One thing for sure, he he retires in One he's never going to be referred to as the best ever.
This is a joke, right? Everybody gets old, Fedor lost, GSP lost, DC lost... And yes, Jones will lost also if he keeps fighting long enough.

Just because you have an opinion doesn't make it a good one bud.

Again, if you think DJ is not one of the best mma fighters in history, you really have little to no knowledge of the sport. This isn't even debatable
Any real mma fan will always look at DJ's record with an asterisk of him ducking TJ for Borg, that's not really debatable.

i cant really imagine any of the other major champs doing this.

I dont think he needs to wait for a title shot or work his way up. I think he knows that too...

<Y2JSmirk>

How pissed would you be if you're fighting in One FC and get told you'll be fighting DJ... oh yeah, and you won't get a belt if you win.
Its called fighting for contention.

It used to happen years ago in the ufc.

Options:

I feel like the champion Geje Eustaquio is only the 3rd best fighter of these 4. Moraes is probably the best.

ONE FC has a pretty stacked FLW division. They also know how to properly promote their fighters. That's a sick promo!

tenor.gif

ONE FC has a pretty stacked FLW division. They also know how to properly promote their fighters. That's a sick promo!
Never seen a One FC promotion in my life. They don't even pop up my social media timelines.

I think you mean "they know how to promote fights in Asia markets".

But he was scared of TJ at his own weight.

This is a total lie. DJ wanted a guarantee from the UFC that TJ can make weight. In the event that TJ fails to make weight, Demetrious will not be obligated to fight him in addition to receiving TJ's purse as the miss weight penalty as compensation.

The UFC did not agree, so no fight was materialized.

Never seen a One FC promotion in my life. They don't even pop up my social media timelines.

I think you mean "they know how to promote fights in Asia markets".

I rarely follow ONE FC, but from the few videos that I have seen, they have that "old school UFC's human cockfighting" vibe to their fights / cage, camera angles, etc.

This video, for example, while short, it gets me pumped up:

Back