Media DJ saying he will "work his way up" and earn the belt

MMA_enthusiast

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score

LMAO DJ riding this contract big time. Good for him i guess, says he will earn a title shot, won't cut in line because others have been working long time. I just see it as DJ getting easy money for a few fights then a marginal challenge when he gets the belt in ONE FC

Last edited:
How pissed would you be if you're fighting in One FC and get told you'll be fighting DJ... oh yeah, and you won't get a belt if you win.

DJ will fight Meeso Ayshan for the title in his first One FC fight, guaranteed.

He probably has a ten fight contract for 10 million dollars. He wants easy fights to stretch it out. ONE will most likely fold in a few years due to their spending and poor revenues.

Options:

I feel like the champion Geje Eustaquio is only the 3rd best fighter of these 4. Moraes is probably the best.

One thing for sure, he he retires in One he's never going to be referred to as the best ever.

As if they wont give it to him right away. Nobody even cares about that belt otherwise.

I have no clue about ONE's rooster, but I have a hard time imagining that he won't outclass everyone in his division. So why start with the challengers?

One thing for sure, he he retires in One he's never going to be referred to as the best ever.

What?

It’s not just the insane amount of wins in a row at 125 that he had including a record # of title defenses, but, it’s the manner in which he did it.

If you don’t think MM is one of the greatest fighters to ever compete in MMA, then you really don’t know shit about MMA at all. He is one of the most complete fighters to ever step into the octagon and he proved it many many times.

WAR DJ, the flyweight Greatest of All Time.

I have no clue about ONE's rooster, but I have a hard time imagining that he won't outclass everyone in his division. So why start with the challengers?
Because he’s never been one to challenge himself.

TJ said he’d come to Mouse weight and Mouse said NO.

It would be one thing if TJ was asking him to come up, but no he said he’d come down to him.

A champ should be ready to defend against anyone that can make weight in his class.

George told Anderson he wasn’t done at WW YET during all the BS, but said come to 170 and challenge for the belt if you can.

This is why no one gives a shit about DJ, he always looks for the easy road.

What?

It’s not just the insane amount of wins in a row at 125 that he had including a record # of title defenses, but, it’s the manner in which he did it.

If you don’t think MM is one of the greatest fighters to ever compete in MMA, then you really don’t know shit about MMA at all. He is one of the most complete fighters to ever step into the octagon and he proved it many many times.

But he was scared of TJ at his own weight.

I like what I'm hearing. I hope he does it, quite a cool thing to do.

But he was scared of TJ at his own weight.

No, he was not. He asked to be PAID for this “superfight”.

It’s funny how dimwits say he was scared of TJ, when he has fought (and beat) people that have beat TJ himself.

You guys know DJ has more fights at 135 lbs than he does at 125 lbs right? What makes you think he’s scared of TJ? He’s literally said in dozens of interviews, he’d happily take the fight if he was being compensated for it as he should. Don’t ask him to take a “superfight” if his pay is going to be the same.

And please, don’t give me the bs about people being needle movers etcetcetc. DC vs Stipe did 250k ppv buys so lets not act like those guys move any needles either.

I feel like I don’t care as much because I don’t know who his opponents could be on ONE. He should have just fuckin fought TJ

Back