DJ IS FIGHTING ON THE SAME CARD AS TJ? pathetic.

Considering he was 14-2 at 135, and cuts 20 pounds or so to get to 125, I'd say he was not too small for 135. He was very successful at 135, and went the distance against Cruz in a decision loss.

He cuts weight, same as everybody else. He has said he walks around at 145.
He walks around at 141 lbs after eating a full meal and drinking beer (Source: JRE #730).

Demetrious Johnson said:
"Big fights (at bantamweight), but at the same time when Conor talks about ‘I’m going to 170’ this and that, the other day I woke up weighing 137 (pounds). That’s two pounds," Johnson explained when speaking to FOX Sports.

https://www.foxsports.com/ufc/story...or-why-he-s-not-jumping-weight-classes-032516

Congratulations on altering the facts. Meanwhile, Dillashaw has never competed at 125 lbs, even when he was a teenager wrestling in college; in case you forgot, he quietly stopped his test-cut for 125 lbs <45>.

Hardly, Im 42.
And if that concept is tough for you to wrap your head around, then you can just trust its an age-old theme associated with the martial arts for centuries.

what's ironic about it?
as a fan I am certainly entitled to criticize athletes that detract from the quality of th eproduct I pay for,
and as a man Im not squeamish about pointing out mental weakness in another man(let).

they SHOULD pay him what hes worth-

MINIMUM WAGE.
I read that last part in triumph the insult comic dog's voice

How can anyone actually bash the best champ we have in the UFC currently?
The guy is on the longest title defense streak, has actually risked his belt in rematches to his most dangerous opponents, and just pulled off one of the sickest submissions ever!

Like what in the actual the fuck?
Do you want a champ who runs away taking fights at higher weightclasses instead of risking their belt? Or even takes 2 years off and gets their belt stripped? Cause that seems to get more respect around here....smh

DJ's talented, athletic and special, but lost any respect of for being a warrior.

Fighters accept bouts all of the time while feeling a sense of anxiety or even fear.

At times fighters have later admitted they entered the ring expecting they may lose,
but embraced it and with courage chose to give it hell anyway...

SOMETIMES, because they gave it hell,
they even WON due to their warrior spirit.

I cant be certain DJ expected to lose, but butterflies were enough for him to bow his head,
and to me its pathetic.

Cowardice is a far worse trait than cheating in a test of combat.
I love how the only people who think this are TJ and shertards.

Oh fuck off with this shit.
Lets see if TJ could even make 125 in the first place.
But no he decided to rematch the guy he just KO'd...
At least Cejudo earned his rematch.

This is a delusional thought. They should've made the fight, of course a fight this big there's gonna be some special type of contract. MM should've just requested some type of stipulation that if TJ doesn't make weight he gets his purse and doesn't have to fight. End of the problem, people will blame TJ for missing weight hell get a bunch of money and never have to entertain the idea of a TJ fight again.

His only real excuse is that "TJ can't make weight". Well don't fight him if he doesnt? MM wants no part of tj because he knows how tough that fight would be compared to the chris cariasos and ray Borgs of the world. Now we get 2 pointless rematches on a card where both guys are fighting because MM god fearing of fighting a guy willing to come to his own weight class. This isn't a jon jones or gsp vs silva type of situation.

How convenient..... yet managed to even make it onto the same card.....
You do have to see how you heal after surgery. What if he healed faster and saw he wouldn't be impacted so took a fight. You act like the same card gives definitive proof. It definitely raises speculation. But characterize it appropriately.

Pathetic is giving a title fight to a guy who hasn't even defended his own belt just to spite the other guy.

Or spouting the company line when you aren't even employed by the company.

That's you.

DJ is a fraud.
You are an idiot.

DJ's talented, athletic and special, but lost any respect of for being a warrior.

Fighters accept bouts all of the time while feeling a sense of anxiety or even fear.

At times fighters have later admitted they entered the ring expecting they may lose,
but embraced it and with courage chose to give it hell anyway...

SOMETIMES, because they gave it hell,
they even WON due to their warrior spirit.

I cant be certain DJ expected to lose, but butterflies were enough for him to bow his head,
and to me its pathetic.

Cowardice is a far worse trait than cheating in a test of combat.
Kid, don't be that stupid.
Cowardice?
About not wanting to fight a BIGGER fighter? For the same pay as a smaller fighter?
Sorry, but you got no respect for him because you had none.
Haters like you always play amazed you are hating someone.... but you would hate that someone for any other reason...
Admit you are just one of those pathetic haters who are envious of accomplishment of others and be done with it.

This is a delusional thought. They should've made the fight, of course a fight this big there's gonna be some special type of contract. MM should've just requested some type of stipulation that if TJ doesn't make weight he gets his purse and doesn't have to fight. End of the problem, people will blame TJ for missing weight hell get a bunch of money and never have to entertain the idea of a TJ fight again.

Correct me if I’m wrong but weren’t these the exact terms that were refused by Dana White? I could have sworn that was what MM asked for.

Edit:
“Mighty Mouse” said he wanted some guarantees if Dillashaw could not make the weight — that he’d get his full purse, Dillashaw’s purse and the fight would be cancelled. The UFC responded, Johnson said, by saying Borg would be ready to fight as a last-minute opponent if Dillashaw missed weight. Johnson refused, questioning the UFC’s understanding of how fighters prepare for a fight

Last edited:
Or TJ could have taken a fight at 125, you know, the weight he wanted a title shot at DJ with, to show he could make the weight...

nah, lets just hate instead

Ya it's not like might mouse spent the first half of his career fighting at the weight class dillinshaw currently sits in... oh wait

Ya it's not like might mouse spent the first half of his career fighting at the weight class dillinshaw currently sits in... oh wait

Its not like TJ is a contender at 125 or even fought there, but sure, lets make fighters who once fought at higher weight classes move up for challengers who talk shit about them...

Dillashaw was an absolute joke around here (DillaSnake got no love) until he became the hammer for people to hate MM with, thats sad.

Its not like TJ is a contender at 125 or even fought there, but sure, lets make fighters who once fought at higher weight classes move up for challengers who talk shit about them...

Dillashaw was an absolute joke around here (DillaSnake got no love) until he became the hammer for people to hate MM with, thats sad.

Move up?

Dillinshaw indicated he would make 125 for the fight.

Get your facts straight before talking out of your ass

1. TJ wanted the fight,
The UFC wanted the fight,
The FANS wanted the fight,
DJ clearly did not, he had a dozen excuses.

2. "bully mentality of the company"?
THEY AREN'T AUTISTIC CHILDREN IN A MALAYSIAN SWEATSHOP SEWING NIKES,
THEY ARE PROFESSIONAL FIGHTERS,
AND DJ NOW PUBLICLY STATES HE BELONGS IN "GOAT" TALK-
CHAMPIONS SHY AWAY FROM A LEGACY-DEFINING CHALLENGE,
OR CALL THE EXPECTATION TO FIGHT BEING "BULLIED".
baaa.jpg

This is a dangerous new angle creeping into things that does not make a lot of sense.

Champs have contracts to fight all comers who make weight in their division and contend. If an opponent is doing that then whatever the existing contract is should cover that.

That is an entirely different situation to one where the UFC is asking a champ to move outside his division for a CW or to another division to fight someone. The Champ is under no obligation to leave his division and to fight that guy so the UFC certainly has to make it, make sense to the Champ balancing money with risk and opportunity. If I don't like the money or risk I am not moving.

But if we allow Champs with contracts to start looking at guys who can make weight and contend in their OWN division and say 'that guy seems dangerous, I won't fight him under my contract. You need to give me $X more' then that creates the ultimately way for any Champ to duck the tough comp in his division. Just demand a price the UFC can't or won't pay and blame the fight not happening on the UFC.

IF TJ is willing to make weight in DJ's division and the UFC puts him forth as the next contender that should be it, full stop. The fight should take place under DJ's existing contract as it is simply ANOTHER defense for him.

And if MM is P4P the best fighter in the world, no one who makes weight and fights in his division can beat him. This actually makes P4P real and not theoretical garbage in this case.

Does MM believe he is P4P the best or not?
I agree, it's less than ideal from a fan point of view, but it's far from new, fighters in MMA have always used big fights to leverage more money, especially when they have a belt.

DJ knows that this may actually be the biggest fight of his career, so if he doesn't play hardball now he'll probably never get that 7 figure payday, and if the UFC aren't gonna play ball then I can see his reasoning behind making similar money by fighting guys who know one cares about, there's no incentive for him to take this risk.

Considering he was 14-2 at 135, and cuts 20 pounds or so to get to 125, I'd say he was not too small for 135. He was very successful at 135, and went the distance against Cruz in a decision loss.

He cuts weight, same as everybody else. He has said he walks around at 145.

I'm not saying there were not bigger guys than him at 135. I'm not saying he shouldn't be at 125.

I'm saying that as champion he should be willing to fight anybody who challenges him at 125, and he clearly is not willing to fight TJ. He has ducked him for a year now when both of them had openings or unclear challengers.

I'm tired of people complaining that its not fair that a bigger fighter can come down and challenge MM. In fighting sports, if you make weight you're the same size.

Feel free to lobby for a 115 division so MM can run further away if you wish. But he should have to accept any legit challenge at 125, and he simply refuses to do so.

It doesn't even make sense. Was Bisping, Machida and everyone who dropped a weight class to fight doing so unfairly? If you can make the weight is the only thing that matters.

It is unfair to call a smaller guy out to move up and out of his division to fight you, if you are too big to make his weight class. That is what I think some people confuse when they say it is wrong for a bigger guy to call a smaller guy out.

TJ hasn't demonstrated that he can even make 125. How can he be a legit challenge at 125 if there's no evidence to suggest he can even make it.

Being successful at a weight doesn't mean it's a suitable weight class. Anyone with common sense would think that his success was simply because he's talented. He wasn't even training full time when he fought Cruz, and was still one of the better 135ers. He was still small for the weight class.

There is literally no upside to DJ fighting TJ at 125, for DJ. He won't get paid any better for it, he won't get any fans, it won't sell any more than 150k, he can't win the 135 belt, if he wins its just because TJ was drained from the cut. There is no upside to this fight for DJ, but there's plenty of downsides.

No fighter has to demonstrate they can make a weight class before fighting in it the first time. You either do or do not make weight.

No fighter has to demonstrate they can make a weight class before fighting in it the first time. You either do or do not make weight.

Yeah, and how many have begged for a title shot before they have demonstrated they can make the weight class?

I agree, it's less than ideal from a fan point of view, but it's far from new, fighters in MMA have always used big fights to leverage more money, especially when they have a belt.

DJ knows that this may actually be the biggest fight of his career, so if he doesn't play hardball now he'll probably never get that 7 figure payday, and if the UFC aren't gonna play ball then I can see his reasoning behind making similar money by fighting guys who know one cares about, there's no incentive for him to take this risk.
Please provide me some examples of a sitting champ with an already in place contract refusing to fight anyone the UFC puts forward who is fighting them in their division?

I honestly cannot think of any.

Quiet frankly that makes the contract all but useless to the UFC.

Champ : oh that contender looks tough. I don't really want to fight him. UFC screw my contract give me $25M or I wont fight him.

Champ to fans : I am not fighting him due to a money dispute, not because I see him as a threat.

It becomes as easy as that for a Champ to avoid a legit contender in his division if you allow that.

Yeah, and how many have begged for a title shot before they have demonstrated they can make the weight class?

There is zero point in what you say there. Whether you beg, the UFC offers it to you, or the Champ calls you out to come to his division and fight him does not matter or change anything.

The UFC and all of MMA has a history of granting big name accomplished fighters such chances in divisions they have never fought in before. Some time the contender asks for it, some time the Champ asks for it, sometimes the fans are begging for it. All that matters is that the guy make weight and the CHamp defend if he does.

MM is supposed to be P4P the best. That means no one who can make weight in his division should be able to beat him, period. He should believe that as Champ of his division and in fact this is the best scenario for him to ever fight TJ under.

Back