DJ IS FIGHTING ON THE SAME CARD AS TJ? pathetic.

Fans who are angry at DJ or think he's scared are simply sheep.

"DJ is scared" is just the narrative that the UFC used in order to get DJ to do what they wanted, but the truth is as usual it's all about money, and DJ is now financially comfortable enough to hold out for what he believe's this fight is worth, the UFC refused to pay him what he asked for and decided to make their P4P#1 champion look like a coward in the process, all this has done is highlight the bully mentality is still rife within the company.

And DJ is right, that fight is 2nd only to Conor vs Khabib in my wish list, so he should make big bucks for it.

For the life of me, I'll never understand this. The UFC (Dana White) bitches about fighters not drawing, then they do everything they can to destroy their drawing power. Cut off your nose to spite your face much?

Or TJ could have taken a fight at 125, you know, the weight he wanted a title shot at DJ with, to show he could make the weight...

nah, lets just hate instead

Stop defending this fake champion.

DJ fought Ray borg in his last fight, a 24 year old bum who missed weight 2 out of his last 4 fights before that, and DJ had no issues or complaints about his weight cut failures , I think Dillashaw is more disciplined and way more skilled than Borg, he is the champ after all. DJ is running for the hills

FYI: DJ was coming off surgery when they announced TJ/Garbrandt 2. He was in no position to accept any fight until recently.
How convenient..... yet managed to even make it onto the same card.....

You're talking to deaf ears man, these people want to hate MM and find any reason to.
First because he's short, then because he was boring, then because he couldn't finish fights and now he gets hate for apparently being a duck
But he is short and boring

What a corny ass thread "warrior spirit" what are you fucking 12?{<jordan}

The irony of people on a keyboard calling a person who trains and fights for a living both cowardly and pathetic is never lost on me.

Maybe TS does not remember, but DJ and Garbrant agreed to fight at catchweight, and Dana said no, because DJ was supposed to fight Borg. After DJ agreed to fight Borg, Dana changed his mind and asked DJ to fight TJ for the FlyW title. When DJ asked if TJ was able to make weight, Dana said that, if TJ does not make the weight (remember, DJ was about to break a record, and needed the title fight) he was going to fight Borg. At that point DJ, tired of all the BS from the UFC, said no, I'm going to fight the guy I already signed to fight with.

I cannot see how putting an end to Dana White BS is being a coward. Maybe TS can explain that?

You're talking to deaf ears man, these people want to hate MM and find any reason to.
First because he's short, then because he was boring, then because he couldn't finish fights and now he gets hate for apparently being a duck

Plus he wins too much, and isn't a dick/shit talker.

Yeah man. Warriors like TJ. Begging for fights with smaller guys like a real warrior. He could have begged for a fight with Holloway, but like a true warrior he begged for a fight with a guy smaller than himself.

Correct!!

Only MM is allowed to drop to 125 from 135!

Oh, and if they're in the same weight class, they're the same size.

Nobody is asking MM to go to 135. TJ is challenging MM in MM division.

FYI: DJ was coming off surgery when they announced TJ/Garbrandt 2. He was in no position to accept any fight until recently.

1. I would have accepted this excuse if DJ said "I want to fight TJ,
I cant WAIT to fight TJ,
its my first fight when Im back"..

Thats ALL he had to say.

2. Now he's miraculously fighting on the same card.

Yeah man. Warriors like TJ. Begging for fights with smaller guys like a real warrior. He could have begged for a fight with Holloway, but like a true warrior he begged for a fight with a guy smaller than himself.

Not only that, he took the easy way out by fighting cogar again, after he already destroyed him not long ago.

"DJ is scared" is just the narrative that the UFC used in order to get DJ to do what they wanted....
all this has done is highlight the bully mentality is still rife within the company.

1. TJ wanted the fight,
The UFC wanted the fight,
The FANS wanted the fight,
DJ clearly did not, he had a dozen excuses.

2. "bully mentality of the company"?
THEY AREN'T AUTISTIC CHILDREN IN A MALAYSIAN SWEATSHOP SEWING NIKES,
THEY ARE PROFESSIONAL FIGHTERS,
AND DJ NOW PUBLICLY STATES HE BELONGS IN "GOAT" TALK-
CHAMPIONS SHY AWAY FROM A LEGACY-DEFINING CHALLENGE,
OR CALL THE EXPECTATION TO FIGHT BEING "BULLIED".

DJ's talented, athletic and special, but lost any respect of for being a warrior.

Fighters accept bouts all of the time while feeling a sense of anxiety or even fear.

At times fighters have later admitted they entered the ring expecting they may lose,
but embraced it and with courage chose to give it hell anyway...

SOMETIMES, because they gave it hell,
they even WON due to their warrior spirit.

I cant be certain DJ expected to lose, but butterflies were enough for him to bow his head,
and to me its pathetic.

Cowardice is a far worse trait than cheating in a test of combat.

It's real easy to judge all the reasons why DJ didn't fight TJ... Did DJ even say that was on the table? From all I've heard it was TJ flapping his gums, I think to drum up some drama and create a buzz, in order for him to not fight Cody again, especially with him saying Cody didn't deserve another shot, it was the UFC that wanted the fight.
I'd be careful of judging somebody you don't know in the manner you're doing. Why does DJ have to do anything other than what he wants to at this point in defending his belt 10 times? It's his legacy, not yours or the UFC's... and no, I'm not a fan of his either.

MM is not exactly an inspiring champ imo. How about taking on an interesting fight and an actual challenge for a change? There is never any drama when he fights. Oh lets watch another cakewalk for MM.

Back