DJ IS FIGHTING ON THE SAME CARD AS TJ? pathetic.

Maybe let's just wait and see what the UFCs plan is before talking trash???

Just maybe the UFC has a plan here. If both DJ and TJ win, this could be the setup for the superfight?? I doubt the UFC put them on the same event by chance. They've probably come to some background arrangement that if both fighters win their fights, the superfight might actually happen. This would also be a great marketing opportunity to have them square off inside the octagon after the event is finished.

There is zero point in what you say there. Whether you beg, the UFC offers it to you, or the Champ calls you out to come to his division and fight him does not matter or change anything.

The UFC and all of MMA has a history of granting big name accomplished fighters such chances in divisions they have never fought in before. Some time the contender asks for it, some time the Champ asks for it, sometimes the fans are begging for it. All that matters is that the guy make weight and the CHamp defend if he does.

MM is supposed to be P4P the best. That means no one who can make weight in his division should be able to beat him, period. He should believe that as Champ of his division and in fact this is the best scenario for him to ever fight TJ under.

Nobody who can make weight. Can TJ make weight? Would you give up 3 months of your life, pay for an expensive camp, on a maybe? When there is little to no upside even IF your opponent can make the weight?

Nobody who can make weight. Can TJ make weight? Would you give up 3 months of your life, pay for an expensive camp, on a maybe? When there is little to no upside even IF your opponent can make the weight?
When have we ever known that with ANY fighter before his first fight in a new division?

name one instance where that has been known prior?

When have we ever known that with ANY fighter before his first fight in a new division?

name one instance where that has been known prior?

When have we known what prior? Why you avoiding my question?

I’ve said this before, why should tj get a shot at125? Make it more appealing to MM and give him 135 shot. He also deserves it a lot more

All the TJ nuthuggers and DJ haters keep avoiding the fact that TJ stopped cutting to 125. He was doing a test cut to prove to DJ & the UFC that he could make 125, and he failed. He can't make 125. Let it go.

This fight is only happening if the UFC pay DJ the cash he deserves to move up to 135 and challenge for the BW belt.

DJ dominated Tim Elliot ( who is bigger than TJ) for 5 rounds. He also went the distance with an even bigger Dominic Cruz . Why in the hell would he be scared of TJ?

TJs the duck who won’t fight up a weight class LIKE DJ ALREADY HAS.

All the TJ nuthuggers and DJ haters keep avoiding the fact that TJ stopped cutting to 125. He was doing a test cut to prove to DJ & the UFC that he could make 125, and he failed. He can't make 125. Let it go.

O RLY?

When was this?

TJ is defending his belt lol. TJ ever make 125 yet? Didn't think so.

OK, THIS IS A LONG POST, BUT IF YOU CAN KEEP UP YOU WILL SEE HOW FULL OF SHIT HE IS

You can refuse to believe what DJ says. .

oh no, IVE HERD WHAT HE SAYS, ITS ALL CONTRDICTORY FLIP-FLOPPONG BULLSHIT.
HERE YA GO:

1. HE WANTS TO FIGHT A BIGGER FIGHTER, FOR PPV POINTS, THAT HASNT DEFENDED HIS TITLE:

https://www.mmafighting.com/2017/6/...d-bullying-has-finally-forced-me-to-speak-out

UFC Matchmaker Mick Maynard called and offered the fight vs. Ray Borg. I This would mean that my only chance at PPV points at flyweight was vs. Ray Borg. I said OK, but it’s not fair to make that my only chance at PPV points, when Cody Garbrandt is saying he wants to come down and fight me at flyweight, which was the fight I wanted...
I wanted a reason for not being allowed any future PPV points.

2. DJ ADMTS FOR THE FIRST TIME (WHILE WILLING TO FIGHT CODY) HE WONT FIGHT TJ.

TJ Dillashaw said he wanted to fight me. Dana told me he wanted me to fight TJ, which I disagreed with for multiple reasons.. I posted a short statement letting people know that I had not agreed to the TJ fight

3. NOW DJ SAYS HE WONT BECAUSE TJ ISNT CHAMP

https://www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/dem...-to-tj-dillashaws-callout-dillashaw-responds/

“THERE’S OTHER CHALLENGERS IN THE DIVISION WITH MORE WINS AND ON A WINNING STREAK,” HE SAID. “THIS WOULDN’T BE A SUPER-FIGHT BECAUSE TJ IS NOT A CHAMPION. HE’S JUST A 135ER COMING DOWN TO 125 TO SKIP THE LINE THAT OTHER FLYWEIGHT COMPETITORS HAVE WORKED HARD TO CLIMB. NOW, IF HE WAS A CHAMPION, THERE’D BE SOMETHING THERE.”

4. NOW TJ IS CHAMP, SO DJ SAYS NO BECAUSE HE WASNT ASKED NICELY FIRST (fighters are surprised with fihts all the time- see Silva vs Sonnen II)

https://www.mmafighting.com/2017/6/...ons-why-he-doesnt-want-to-fight-t-j-dillashaw

The other thing bugging Johnson is Dana White’s usage of the media and social media to get his point across.
“I love fighting for the UFC,” Johnson said. “It’s an amazing company. I’ve done a lot of great things and they’ve done a lot of great things for my career.
“But I’m f*cking tired of seeing things about my career on Twitter. A phone call would be nice. Discuss it before you go out there saying all this stuff.”
“I’m just tired, I’m exhausted,” Johnson said. “I just felt this is the right time to do it,, why I put my stance down, why I’m not fighting any bantamweight that comes down here and wants to get a title shot.”

(NOTICE NOW HOW IT IS ANYBANTAMWEIGHT????????)

5. NEXT DJ SAYS NO BECAUSE HE WANTS RIDICULOUS PAY STRUCTURE AND CLAUSES- HES DROPPED THE PPV DEMAND, AND WANTS SOOMETING NOONE IN 20 YRS HAS EVER ASKED FOR:

https://www.mmafighting.com/2017/6/...ons-why-he-doesnt-want-to-fight-t-j-dillashaw

“Mighty Mouse” said he wanted some guarantees if Dillashaw could not make the weight — that he’d get his full purse, Dillashaw’s purse and the fight would be cancelled. The UFC responded, Johnson said, by saying Borg would be ready to fight as a last-minute opponent if Dillashaw missed weight. Johnson refused, questioning the UFC’s understanding of how fighters prepare for a fight.
“What is this?” Johnson said. “Is this f*cking amateur hour? This is the shit you do at smokers and amateur shows. … This is supposed to be the pinnacle of mixed martial arts and this is what we’re negotiating?”

- he wants a flat rate, his purse ALL of Dillashaws purse and a promise of no fight? OF course he said that nowing UFC would say no
- then he balks ata a backup fighter- something the UFC does now because fans WANT it..

6. NEXT IS REALLY GREAT, ANOTHER FIRST TIME DEMAND IN THE UFC FROM THE SHITTIEST CHAMP EVER- HE DEMANDS 3 TITLE FIGHTS, AND ADMITS HE WANTS THEM TO CARRY HIM..

OH YEA- AND IF IT WOODLEY VS GSP AND CYBORG VS NUNEZ- 2 FIGHTS WE WILL NEVER SEE

(so yes, hes flip flopped back to PPV demands)

https://www.forbes.com/sites/trentr...for-possible-tj-dillashaw-fight/#2cad27ec3645

"It's the superfight everyone wants," Johnson told ESPN. "I think T.J. and I are both on board. We just want to make sure it's on a stacked card. We want to make sure we can benefit from a good pay-per-view buy. I think I deserve it, and I think he deserves it."
"I'd rather have somebody else [be the] main event, who is going to bring in way more PPVs," Johnson said. "In my opinion, that's held up the fight on my end.

"If we can get three title fights -- a champions vs. champions edition -- that should do well," Johnson said. "If they did Georges St-Pierre vs. Tyron Woodley, Amanda Nunes vs. Cyborg [Cris Justino] and me vs. TJ, they can send me the contract. They can negotiate that contract now."
And if for any reason the UFC has other ideas for the bout, Johnson says he won't accept Dillashaw as an opponent on a smaller card.

7. GUESS WHAT? HES HEALTHY, AND INSISTING HE WANTS TO DO IT FOR A FLAT FEW MILLION

https://mmajunkie.com/2018/01/follo...johnson-eyes-july-showdown-with-t-j-dillashaw
“Recovery is going good,” Johnson said "I got it cleaned up. (With) six weeks recovery, we can get strong again, and hopefully T.J. Dillashaw can get this match done. Hopefully July, International Fight Week, on a big, big card.”

love how he blames dillashaw now)

https://www.forbes.com/sites/trentr...r-t-j-dillashaw-matchup-ufc-226/#5e11baf96e3b

On a recent edition of "The MMA Hour," Johnson said that the sticking point of the bout might be money.

"You guys see the pay scale, and you can see where I am at. I am not going to go really into that, but I don't think it's unreasonable what I am asking for, I believe I deserve it," Johnson said. "People are going to say this is a true super fight, and when everything is done and said, when you look at the numbers I want them to look at and can say, 'that was worth it.'"

SO THERE YOU HAVE IT- NOTHING TO DO WITH INJURY- HE KNEW HED BE BETTER.

HE WAS WILLING TO FIGHT CODY, BUT SCARED OF TJ- HIS WORDS, NOT MINE.

No its not, this is the rematch every fan has been clamoring for!!! DJ vs the can he KOd a year ago in a minute, THE REMATCH.
Cejudo looked on fire in his last fight. This is actually a very interesting rematch

many of us DO remember that-
as an Anderson fan, i never wanted it to happen only because i thought GSPs style might ive him the W, even though I found Silva more impressive...

GSP prbaly SHOULD have tried harder for it.
this situation looks much worse in my opinion...

1. Both Silva and GSP both had contenders hat were interesting matchups-
neither DJ or TJ have contenders waiting that are compelling- THEY ARE BOTH ENTERING REMATCHES.

2. Silva wanted GSP to come up, or meet at a catch weight,

TJ offered to come rigt down to DJ's spot.

3. The Silva/GSP fight was never strongly pushed by the UFC- they only really broached the subject at the very end s GSP retired,

But this fight has had a LOT of push behind it, and only DJ drags his feet.

Agreed it's not the same as the GSP/Anderson situation. It amazes me anyone still wants to defend this shit. If it was a catch weight fight ok I get it. This is TJ willing to move down to his weight class and he's still refusing it? That's fucking BS.

OK, THIS IS A LONG POST, BUT IF YOU CAN KEEP UP YOU WILL SEE HOW FULL OF SHIT HE IS

oh no, IVE HERD WHAT HE SAYS, ITS ALL CONTRDICTORY FLIP-FLOPPONG BULLSHIT.
HERE YA GO:

1. HE WANTS TO FIGHT A BIGGER FIGHTER, FOR PPV POINTS, THAT HASNT DEFENDED HIS TITLE:

https://www.mmafighting.com/2017/6/...d-bullying-has-finally-forced-me-to-speak-out

UFC Matchmaker Mick Maynard called and offered the fight vs. Ray Borg. I This would mean that my only chance at PPV points at flyweight was vs. Ray Borg. I said OK, but it’s not fair to make that my only chance at PPV points, when Cody Garbrandt is saying he wants to come down and fight me at flyweight, which was the fight I wanted...
I wanted a reason for not being allowed any future PPV points.

2. DJ ADMTS FOR THE FIRST TIME (WHILE WILLING TO FIGHT CODY) HE WONT FIGHT TJ.

TJ Dillashaw said he wanted to fight me. Dana told me he wanted me to fight TJ, which I disagreed with for multiple reasons.. I posted a short statement letting people know that I had not agreed to the TJ fight

3. NOW DJ SAYS HE WONT BECAUSE TJ ISNT CHAMP

https://www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/dem...-to-tj-dillashaws-callout-dillashaw-responds/

“THERE’S OTHER CHALLENGERS IN THE DIVISION WITH MORE WINS AND ON A WINNING STREAK,” HE SAID. “THIS WOULDN’T BE A SUPER-FIGHT BECAUSE TJ IS NOT A CHAMPION. HE’S JUST A 135ER COMING DOWN TO 125 TO SKIP THE LINE THAT OTHER FLYWEIGHT COMPETITORS HAVE WORKED HARD TO CLIMB. NOW, IF HE WAS A CHAMPION, THERE’D BE SOMETHING THERE.”

4. NOW TJ IS CHAMP, SO DJ SAYS NO BECAUSE HE WASNT ASKED NICELY FIRST (fighters are surprised with fihts all the time- see Silva vs Sonnen II)

The other thing bugging Johnson is Dana White’s usage of the media and social media to get his point across.
“I love fighting for the UFC,” Johnson said. “It’s an amazing company. I’ve done a lot of great things and they’ve done a lot of great things for my career.
“But I’m f*cking tired of seeing things about my career on Twitter. A phone call would be nice. Discuss it before you go out there saying all this stuff.”
“I’m just tired, I’m exhausted,” Johnson said. “I just felt this is the right time to do it,, why I put my stance down, why I’m not fighting any bantamweight that comes down here and wants to get a title shot.”

(NOTICE NOW HOW IT IS ANYBANTAMWEIGHT????????)

5. NEXT DJ SAYS NO BECAUSE HE WANTS RIDICULOUS PAY STRUCTURE AND CLAUSES- HES DROPPED THE PPV DEMAND, AND WANTS SOOMETING NOONE IN 20 YRS HAS EVER ASKED FOR:

“Mighty Mouse” said he wanted some guarantees if Dillashaw could not make the weight — that he’d get his full purse, Dillashaw’s purse and the fight would be cancelled. The UFC responded, Johnson said, by saying Borg would be ready to fight as a last-minute opponent if Dillashaw missed weight. Johnson refused, questioning the UFC’s understanding of how fighters prepare for a fight.
“What is this?” Johnson said. “Is this f*cking amateur hour? This is the shit you do at smokers and amateur shows. … This is supposed to be the pinnacle of mixed martial arts and this is what we’re negotiating?”

- he wants a flat rate, his purse ALL of Dillashaws purse and a promise of no fight? OF course he said that nowing UFC would say no
- then he balks ata a backup fighter- something the UFC does now because fans WANT it..

6. NEXT IS REALLY GREAT, ANOTHER FIRST TIME DEMAND IN THE UFC FROM THE SHITTIEST CHAMP EVER- HE DEMANDS 3 TITLE FIGHTS, AND ADMITS HE WANTS THEM TO CARRY HIM..

OH YEA- AND IF IT WOODLEY VS GSP AND CYBORG VS NUNEZ- 2 FIGHTS WE WILL NEVER SEE

(so yes, hes flip flopped back to PPV demands)

https://www.forbes.com/sites/trentr...for-possible-tj-dillashaw-fight/#2cad27ec3645

"It's the superfight everyone wants," Johnson told ESPN. "I think T.J. and I are both on board. We just want to make sure it's on a stacked card. We want to make sure we can benefit from a good pay-per-view buy. I think I deserve it, and I think he deserves it."
"I'd rather have somebody else [be the] main event, who is going to bring in way more PPVs," Johnson said. "In my opinion, that's held up the fight on my end.

"If we can get three title fights -- a champions vs. champions edition -- that should do well," Johnson said. "If they did Georges St-Pierre vs. Tyron Woodley, Amanda Nunes vs. Cyborg [Cris Justino] and me vs. TJ, they can send me the contract. They can negotiate that contract now."
And if for any reason the UFC has other ideas for the bout, Johnson says he won't accept Dillashaw as an opponent on a smaller card.

7. GUESS WHAT? HES HEALTHY, AND INSISTING HE WANTS TO DO IT FOR A FLAT FEW MILLION

https://mmajunkie.com/2018/01/follo...johnson-eyes-july-showdown-with-t-j-dillashaw
“Recovery is going good,” Johnson said "I got it cleaned up. (With) six weeks recovery, we can get strong again, and hopefully T.J. Dillashaw can get this match done. Hopefully July, International Fight Week, on a big, big card.”

love how he blames dillashaw now)

https://www.forbes.com/sites/trentr...r-t-j-dillashaw-matchup-ufc-226/#5e11baf96e3b

On a recent edition of "The MMA Hour," Johnson said that the sticking point of the bout might be money.

"You guys see the pay scale, and you can see where I am at. I am not going to go really into that, but I don't think it's unreasonable what I am asking for, I believe I deserve it," Johnson said. "People are going to say this is a true super fight, and when everything is done and said, when you look at the numbers I want them to look at and can say, 'that was worth it.'"

SO THERE YOU HAVE IT- NOTHING TO DO WITH INJURY- HE KNEW HED BE BETTER.

HE WAS WILLING TO FIGHT CODY, BUT SCARED OF TJ- HIS WORDS, NOT MINE.
You wrote this garbage novel to defend a bully picking on a smaller fighter who he’s obviously jealous of.

I’m certain if their physical appearances were reversed you’d be calling TJ a ghetto thug bully

When have we known what prior? Why you avoiding my question?
Bisping, Machida and countless other people have dropped to fight at a lower weight class.

When did we ever know prior if they could make that weight other then when they took their first fight and made weight?

I am not avoiding your question. I am trying to determine the relevance before answering based on my question above.

if we agree, as we should, THAT FIGHTERS do not generally (or at all) prove they can make weight in a new division before their first fight in that division than your question becomes moot.

Please provide me some examples of a sitting champ with an already in place contract refusing to fight anyone the UFC puts forward who is fighting them in their division?

I honestly cannot think of any.

Quiet frankly that makes the contract all but useless to the UFC.

Champ : oh that contender looks tough. I don't really want to fight him. UFC screw my contract give me $25M or I wont fight him.

Champ to fans : I am not fighting him due to a money dispute, not because I see him as a threat.

It becomes as easy as that for a Champ to avoid a legit contender in his division if you allow that.
I'm not providing you with anything buddy, I don't think it can even be remotely disputed that fighters ask for more money for big fights, most of the time it's done behind the scenes, the only time it doesn't is when they can't come to an agreement.

These fighters don't give a fuck about what anyone else thinks, most of them got over losers on the internet calling them pussies a long time ago, and rightly so.

This is a short career and they must always capitalize when they have some leverage, contracts have never meant shit when you have leverage, and that applies to most situations, not just sport.

You have to remember DJ has already been shat on time and time again by Dana, he has no reason to think towing the company line will benefit him in the future so he's stopped doing it.

I really want to see that fight but I commend him for standing his ground.

Bisping, Machida and countless other people have dropped to fight at a lower weight class.

When did we ever know prior if they could make that weight other then when they took their first fight and made weight?

I am not avoiding your question. I am trying to determine the relevance before answering based on my question above.

if we agree, as we should, THAT FIGHTERS do not generally (or at all) prove they can make weight in a new division before their first fight in that division than your question becomes moot.

You dont need to know prior if they can make weight or not. You're not being asked to fight them.

Which of those fighters was begging for a title shot at the lower weight class?

There's a lot to the situation. When DJ was first offered the fight after Garbrandt got injured, it was pushed to happen on a whim, on a small card one week before Floyd/Conor, for basically the same money as fighting Ray Borg. DJ has since gotten his contract renegotiated, and before surgery looked to be on board with the TJ fight as long as they could generate some money out of it. And I think that's where we are now.

UFC is putting DJ/TJ on the same card where they'll be promoted together, asked about eachother, then fighting one after another, allowing for whatever call-outs and publicity that needs to happen, so that by the end of the night we have a properly put together superfight that can generate money for all involved.
^^^ We have a winner.

Back