DJ’s last 3 “title defenses” have come against Tim Elliot, Wilson Reis, and Ray Borg.

If you all you got from that is that I am a Benavidez fan, then I can see why you are a fan of Johnson. Ok Cejudo beat Joe B. Who cares. Who did Reis beat, that's the question.

Nah I took other things but I'm sick to death of saying look
The division is weak as piss
But the cream rises to the top always

And then gets knocked the fuck back down by DJ

GSP fought just as many undersized opponents in his title run as Silva did.

GSP had Serra, Penn, and Alves. Silva had Maia, Marquadt, and Cote.

Alves was a monster when GSP fought him. He was huge with muscles everywhere. Just geared up to the max.

DJ has a shit load of title defences. In circumstances like that, when you're clearing out the division, a few weak ones is no problem.

Alves was a monster when GSP fought him. He was huge with muscles everywhere. Just geared up to the max.
True, and he never successfully made weight at LW. I think I was being a bit charitable there.

He won the TUF show for the shot.

And to be fair, I think he only had 3 or 4 losses before the title shot, including Dodson (2x title contender), Benevidez (2x title Contender), and Bagautinov(Sp) (title contender)

He was 2 and 4 in the UFC when he got his shot. The division is so fucking weak they had to do a TUF gimmick for a contender.

Yup, Gsp fought dan hardy, jake shields, Josh koshcheck, and Matt serra

Jones fought busted shogun, shad, page....middleweight chael sonnen, vitor....and osp who's garbage

No hw champ has more then two title defenses

Conor has made no defense

Aldo fought hominick, lamas, and manny

TJ defended against joe Soto

Lots of champs have fought lackluster comp. People just base level on competition on name value rather then actual skill. No one has benefited from this more then jon jones who has shit competition.
GSP's run was extremely impressive.
Shogun - Rashad - Rampage - Machida - DC - DC - Roided Vitor - OSP - Gus - Glover far more impressive than anything Silva did at any point in his career.
Aldo's run against Lamas, Hominick, Edgar, Mendes, Cub, Korean Zombie is also more impressive than Anderson.
Conor, and TJ need not be brought up as neither are in the GOAT discussion.

Hope this helps.

DJ has a shit load of title defences. In circumstances like that, when you're clearing out the division, a few weak ones is no problem.
People dont seem to understand, that when you beat literally EVERY fighter in your weight class - there's going to be some iffy opponents. Not DJ's fault he's the best in the world.

Not a Conor fan but he has way better wins than DJ. Who has DJ beaten ? He rules a division which has averaged a quorum of 20-40 fighters in the last years. FW and LW is 2-3 times as bigger.
MM Best wins at FlyW
McCall, Benevidez x 2, Cejudo, Dodson 2x, Horiguchi
MM Best wins at BW Miguel Torres (BW Goat pre Cruz), Kid Yamamoto to earn his title shot at BW vs Cruz

McG didn't even earn his shot at the LW belt is was bought.
at FW Mc beat Porier, Mendez & Aldo at FW

I think DJ's resume wins especially if Title Defenses is the deciding factor. Conor is more popular and makes more $$$ but Bill Gates is more known then Conor and has way more cash, that doesn't make him a better fighter does it?

Even if he's already easily beat everyone in the top 5?
That's the problem with the division. He's cleaned the top off. Now there are no strong challenges left for him.
Nah I took other things but I'm sick to death of saying look
The division is weak as piss
But the cream rises to the top always

And then gets knocked the fuck back down by DJ
That, I wholeheartedly with.

What's your point? "Mighty Duck" is only beating the greatest legends the game has ever seen!

398ee2e6bc9b9506d7cf86fcde67817f.jpg

Horiguchi, Cejudo, Dodson, Benavidez and Bagautinov are the only people DJ has defended his title against who went into the fight on more than a three fight win streak.

MM is quiet as a mouse hoping the talk of fighting TJ will just die down and he can fight another can..

Anderson had a pretty easy run also.. current MW is much stronger now.. but at least he had some good names on that list

Does DJ have the most mediocre 3 consecutive title defenses in UFC history?

I believe he does.

Thoughts?

maybe, but I don't find it too relevant. They were all legit competition at 125, as DJ had turned away pretty much everyone ranked above them.

Jones defending against Vitor and Sonnen is worse than that trio of defenses, IMHO...at least DJ was fighting guys in his division. Vitor hadn't fought at LHW in YEARS (and has only once since then, against Hendo), while the Sonnen title shot was a complete joke.

longtime champs are likely to have some instances of perceived 'weak competition', perhaps from cleaning out the top of the division, injuries, etc...but some of those fights end up being highly entertaining, if not completely surprising.

Matt Hughes was not supposed to get choked out by LW BJ Penn.
Serra was arguably one of GSP's weakest opponents, yet stopped him.
Jones nearly got tapped by Vitor.
Silva nearly lost to Sonnen.
who predicted Hominick beating down Aldo to close out their fight?

DJ vs. Elliot ended up being a highly entertaining display of grappling technique from both guys. Anyone who didn't enjoy that fight is either lying or a bullshit 'fan' of MMA, IMHO.

was it the 'most mediocre' trio of defenses...maybe...but I'm not sure why there is much benefit in labelling it as such.

You missed his point ... which was tim elliot sucks and is not top level and we all know this except you i guess .
Lol I didn't miss his point I countered it with logic and facts - but yea since you said tim Elliott isn't top level and he sucks I guess that makes it true LOL ur a fkn bellend m8 well done

8 loses and busted twice for peds, i don't need to discredit him.
he already did it all by himself.
This guy @Toner has issues, he's prob secretly in love with GSP based on how often he goes out of his way to bash him. He's clearly insecure that his hero is a 2 time dick pill using cheat and completely eradicated from any GOAT talk.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back