DJ’s last 3 “title defenses” have come against Tim Elliot, Wilson Reis, and Ray Borg.

Ssshhh...don't tell anyone. DJ is #1 P4P after beating P4P killers in those 3 guys. Sergio Pettis is up next, the future P4P king.

If someone can't realize why MM is great than that's your opinion and your opinion sucks.Goat?Idk who gives a shit about that stupid debate,but saying he's beaten no one,his division has no good fighters,he's a manlet,bla bla bla.It's hard to have a serious conversation on this site with so many idiots.125 is a decent division and he's fought very good fighters consistently since maybe Nick pace minus maybe Chris Cariaso.He's had an amazing and dominant run against many great fighters just look at his skills,people just love to hate here.

Not his fault the division is weak as piss

Plus those 3 all 'earned' their rights to fight him

They beat a lot of people on the road
Exactly. Reis beat Ulka Sasaki who was on a 1-2 streak at that time, to earn the title shot. Glad he fought Sasaki and not some bum like Benavidez to earn the shot.

If TJ wants a shot MM, he should've have to go through world beaters like Sasaki, Formiga or Smolka.

Here you have guys like Wonderboy beating Rory McDonald, and Holloway beating Pettis to earn title shots. These guys have it easy. You need to beat someone like Louis Smolka to earn a shot at the great Johnson.

Does DJ have the most mediocre 3 consecutive title defenses in UFC history?

I believe he does.

Thoughts?

Did you actually watch the tim elliot fight? Dude came within inches of winning. By far the most entertaining mighty mouse fight I've ever seen.

Quite simply the most overrated fighter in the history of the sport.

Exactly. Reis beat Ulka Sasaki who was on a 1-2 streak at that time, to earn the title shot. Glad he fought Sasaki and not some bum like Benavidez to earn the shot.

If TJ wants a shot MM, he should've have to go through world beaters like Sasaki, Formiga or Smolka.

Ohhhh a disguised benavidez fan we have here do we???
You're boy didn't even beat Henry and won't ever sniff that title

B-b-b-but he’s the best ever goat fuck the casuals <3 midgets.

He may be good but the dude is beating up nobodies

Then that's on the UFC

They need to invest more in the division. It's not MM's fault he's amazing.

Reis was already scheduled to fight for the title before that, but MM got injured.

Tim Elliot has 3 wins and 6 losses in the UFC. How did he get a shot at the belt? WTF?

Is this real life?

And this is in one of the weakest divisions in the UFC. Seriously?! lol
He won the TUF show for the shot.

And to be fair, I think he only had 3 or 4 losses before the title shot, including Dodson (2x title contender), Benevidez (2x title Contender), and Bagautinov(Sp) (title contender)

Ohhhh a disguised benavidez fan we have here do we???
You're boy didn't even beat Henry and won't ever sniff that title
If you all you got from that is that I am a Benavidez fan, then I can see why you are a fan of Johnson. Ok Cejudo beat Joe B. Who cares. Who did Reis beat, that's the question.

Lots of triggering going on in this thread. Stay on topic boys.

Elliot won TUF so that accounts for that one.

Reis was already scheduled to fight for the title before that, but MM got injured.
I remember wasn't he gonna fight him after beating Ortiz. Please don't tell me you think that validates his claim any more lol.

I remember wasn't he gonna fight him after beating Ortiz. Please don't tell me you think that validates his claim any more lol.
Well it depends on who else was a contender at the time. I was just correcting you though.

Well it depends on who else was a contender at the time. I was just correcting you though.
I stand corrected then. But there is no contender in that division. There are like 3 legit fighters - Joe B, Cejudo and Johnson. Nguyen's good too, but not sure how he'd hold against these three.

IMO, you have to beat someone in the top 5 to get a title shot. Otherwise the champion is just facing a sub 5 guy which doesn't say much.

I stand corrected then. But there is no contender in that division. There are like 3 legit fighters - Joe B, Cejudo and Johnson. Nguyen's good too, but not sure how he'd hold against these three.

IMO, you have to beat someone in the top 5 to get a title shot. Otherwise the champion is just facing a sub 5 guy which doesn't say much.
Even if he's already easily beat everyone in the top 5?

Lutter
Marquardt
Franklin
Henderson
Cote
Leites
Maia
Sonnen

There is no topping that shit list. Franklin and Henderson was decent but nothing fantastic. Add in Okami, Sonnen again, and pre ViTRTor.

Meh.
Yup, Gsp fought dan hardy, jake shields, Josh koshcheck, and Matt serra

Jones fought busted shogun, shad, page....middleweight chael sonnen, vitor....and osp who's garbage

No hw champ has more then two title defenses

Conor has made no defense

Aldo fought hominick, lamas, and manny

TJ defended against joe Soto

Lots of champs have fought lackluster comp. People just base level on competition on name value rather then actual skill. No one has benefited from this more then jon jones who has shit competition.

Back