Divided States of A.

What is your idealistic treatment for the American landmass in 2017?

• Total voters
Is this like that movie Undercover Brother where the General (played by Billy Dee Williams) was mind controlled into selling fried chicken after getting out of the political arena?
Haha! The things we learn in the war room

What a weird thing to consider. Do you think a shift of power from DC centralized to the governors and state national guards would ever happen in any scenario?
well George Wallace tried to use the National Guard a lil egregiously, although I also think it wasn't desegregated so it was much easier to do so

In today's age? no, those units have older equipment, people are laughably trained in comparison, etc.... They absolutely wouldn't want none from the real Armed Forces. See First Blood when they try to 'get' Rambo in the PNW woods, I know it's a movie, but it's not that far off. The Iowa National Guard guarded our base in Kabul for a bit, they were notorious for falling asleep on duty haha

The worst attack in Kabul when I was there, a VBIED/EFP combo that took out a R&R transport and killed 17 people on board, happened specifically because a National Guard unit had unqualified POGs as gunners, weren't changing their routes, weren't doing proper recon, etc....

it was a cluster

Both of my brothers live in California. Nice place for a visit but don't want to live there. Too many freakin cars and parking was a bitch.

Parking is a bitch. I hate it.

The sooner we can make civil discourse impossible, and go our separate ways the better. Its preferable to have a bad neighbor than a bad roommate.

Last edited:
that's a hard question, as the services tend to draw from different areas of the country. The marines and Navy for instance have ALOT of people from Texas and Cali, while the Army doesn't (many from the south and Midwest)

They're all pretty diverse as well ethnically, so it probably depends on what hypothetical issue the country split on

Do you have numbers from the volunteer state (TN)?

that's a hard question, as the services tend to draw from different areas of the country. The marines and Navy for instance have ALOT of people from Texas and Cali, while the Army doesn't (many from the south and Midwest)

There are few limits on the folly of our speculation - all good. :D

I have read that Florida as well houses a lot of U.S. Navy, so Florida and Texas could draw a greater Naval backing to the United South breakaway.

U.S. Marine Corps I haven't any guesses but I saw that of all U.S. domestic bases, half of which call California home. The Carolinas and Virginia appeared to be 2nd.

They're all pretty diverse as well ethnically, so it probably depends on what hypothetical issue the country split on
Well said on what issues foreshadow the crisis.

well George Wallace tried to use the National Guard a lil egregiously, although I also think it wasn't desegregated so it was much easier to do so

In today's age? no, those units have older equipment, people are laughably trained in comparison, etc.... They absolutely wouldn't want none from the real Armed Forces. See First Blood when they try to 'get' Rambo in the PNW woods, I know it's a movie, but it's not that far off. The Iowa National Guard guarded our base in Kabul for a bit, they were notorious for falling asleep on duty haha

The worst attack in Kabul when I was there, a VBIED/EFP combo that took out a R&R transport and killed 17 people on board, happened specifically because a National Guard unit had unqualified POGs as gunners, weren't changing their routes, weren't doing proper recon, etc....

it was a cluster
Gotcha. Could you see a scenario where some of the trained forces are redistributed too though?

There are few limits on the folly of our speculation - all good. :D

I have read that Florida as well houses a lot of U.S. Navy, so Florida and Texas could draw a greater Naval backing to the United South breakaway.

U.S. Marine Corps I haven't any guesses but I saw that of all U.S. domestic bases, half of which call California home. The Carolinas and Virginia appeared to be 2nd.

Well said on what issues foreshadow the crisis.

You might be interested in this.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Texas_Military_Forces

Someone for whom it is very important that the yellow snow be farthest from him.

Because you said you were a Californian. Hybris incarnate is your being unable to read local road signage and yet leaving disingenuously open-ended your granular understanding of a foreign military complex. Like a window, this. Europe is talked about obsessively in the WR and European members are few and far between. Your lack of culture precedes you.

Biggest red flag though is my not knowing WR Mods but having seen what happened to a mate of mine here - banned after being pulled into a back-and-forth with a certain poster. I know who the Mod is now that played favourites that day and I'm not interested in any of that. Dirty AF.

Peace.
Are you posting using google translate?

Cheers, Gerc. The section on how the TX Guard command structure and duties work was interesting but some of the English is difficult with the titles and such.

Do these things apply universally to all states or uniquely to Texas?

It's impressive that the States are united at all when it seems each one has its own makeup, lifeblood and personality - all even more so historically from what I understand.

Factors like these elsewhere in the world spur actualities of sovereignty and borders amongst entities. :D But you guys were able to come together, which is why I made the thread. It's nothing shy of spectacular. Rhetorically, is it working advantageously still today though...

How about we just stay together.

trump_confederate_flag.jpg

Cheers, Gerc. The section on how the TX Guard command structure and duties work was interesting but some of the English is difficult with the titles and such.

Do these things apply universally to all states or uniquely to Texas?

It's impressive that the States are united at all when it seems each one has its own makeup, lifeblood and personality - all even more so historically from what I understand.

Factors like these elsewhere in the world spur actualities of sovereignty and borders amongst entities. :D But you guys were able to come together, which is why I made the thread. It's nothing shy of spectacular. Rhetorically, is it working advantageously still today though...

That's why we have the Electoral College.

I'm sure other states have their own military, I'm certain not all of them do. And defintely most of them don't have their own Air Force and Navy.

Back