Divided States of A.

What is your idealistic treatment for the American landmass in 2017?

• Total voters

Valhoven

Parliament of Will
Staff member
Forum Administrator
Reaction score
Correct me if off-base but it seems many Americans recognise not their own country any longer - a diverse nation of 320+ million bursting at its seams not by its staggering population numbers, but by the deeply held convictions of that population on what it means to be an American - who qualifies as your compatriot and why, or how to say.

I have seen Dawgville's resident Louisianan @Cint post a few maps in Berry (some cheekier than others) that put visually how USA could well be a few citizenries unto itself based on a number of denominable factors, such as common or synergistic subeconomies, religion, race or what have you. Very unique country, USA, but with that has come unique problems.

Long version:
  • How many and what nation-states could be formed from the country as it stands in 2017?
  • Why would those states collectively form a prosperous, cohesive nation-state;
  • its name and which city would serve as the capital?
  • And do you reckon that would make for a more peaceful status quo across the landmass?

TL/DR version: (cf. poll - vote vermin)

A:
140926_CBOX_MapAmericaTwoParts_LG.jpg

B:
BzRXAL6IUAAQC7A.png

C:
800px-map_of_usa_with_state_namessvg.png

D:
secession-of-southern-states.jpg

(the political angle below is not part of this thread)

E:
P1-AO116_RUSPRO_NS_20081228191715.gif

F:
S1.gif

I prefer the original Confederate States without Virginia, Texas and Florida. I have my reasons for the exclusion of these states.

cvl_war.gif

Just let California secede.
I saw an article on that in American news recently. IIRC, it was Peter Thiel who was the latest to vocalise this very sentiment.

Seems funny that California would want to leave while the rest of the country would want the very same, lol. Must be some real tension or competition between CA and the rest of the nation...

I prefer the original Confederate States without Virginia, Texas and Florida. I have my reasons for the exclusion of these states.

cvl_war.gif
Would be very interested in hearing those reasons, mate.

I saw an article on that in American news recently. IIRC, it was Peter Thiel who was the latest to vocalise this very sentiment.

Seems funny that California would want to leave while the rest of the country would want the very same, lol. Must be some real tension or competition between CA and the rest of the nation...

Just a bunch of uppity libs. That's all. Make the wall 800 miles longer.

dd86eb9721125e5634344c41c154269630689c44.png

cvl_war.gif

I wouldn't want to be a part of it either.

I would prefer that we stay as 50 United States of America.

Whoever secedes gets invaded and enslaved on day 2.

Modern divorce culture apparently applies to countries now, too.

There was a time when, when people had differences, they did the hard work of listening to and empathizing with each other until an equitable solution could be reached.

Unless those were ethnic or national differences, in which case they typically resorted to genocide.

Would be very interested in hearing those reasons, mate.

Okay, I'll start with Virginia. They're too up North to be part of the South. Nothing about the state has Southern qualities. Have you ever heard of Virginia BBQ?

Back