Crime Disney sues DeSantis

My point is, if removing term limits for governors is authoritarian, explain how its not authoritarian to support Senators & Congressmen staying in office for 50 years.

Wouldn't be surprising if they do the exact same shit for Newsome in California.
And my point is Ronda Saint already changed the rules to benefit only him in order to run for president without giving up the governor's seat. My comment was on the strong likelihood that when he's done it once, there's no barrier to doing it again and getting rid of Florida's gubernatorial term limit.

I give zero shits about Congress. Put term limits on them, see if I care. But t's irrelevant and that's an annoying and distraction from the discussion, something regularly make a habit of doing. Do better.

And my point is Ronda Saint already changed the rules to benefit only him in order to run for president without giving up the governor's seat. My comment was on the strong likelihood that when he's done it once, there's no barrier to doing it again and getting rid of Florida's gubernatorial term limit.

And?

If a state has a popular governor, why can't they change the rules to allow another term or two?

Because only Republicans change the rules in their favor. Democrats always abide by the rules even when its against their advantage because they have honor.

give zero shits about Congress. Put term limits on them, see if I care. But t's irrelevant and that's an annoying and distraction from the discussion, something regularly make a habit of doing. Do better.

So.... answer why term limits are so good at the state level.

And?

If a state has a popular governor, why can't they change the rules to allow another term or two?

Because only Republicans change the rules in their favor. Democrats always abide by the rules even when its against their advantage because they have honor.

Seriously, now, you can't really be this stupid, right? I mean, surely not. Please say it ain't so.

Let me put it another way, in terms you may understand if you're a drooling simpleton.

Neither the decision to impose a term limit for governors in Florida (or any other state) nor the reasoning behind it is anything I care about or have any interest in at the moment because it's entirely beside the point, isn't it? Why do you keep tossing out these strawmen? It's pathetic and dumb. Whatever other people do is a subject for threads about those fuckers--go start them and quit wasting time here. I'm talking about Ronda Saints, not those other people, whomever they are.

By the way, do these dumb generalizations usually work for you in arguments? You might want to step it up.

Thanks for the update. I’m surprised. I misunderstood the law in this regard

More like the MSM, the Democrats propaganda, overstated Disney's legal case.

Not the first time, and its no where close to the last.

It's looks like this has been settled and Disney gets to retain the special status of their district.

Of course they settled. The only reason InSantis made that move was because Disney publicly opposed the "Stop Woke Act." You know who also opposed it? Federal Appeals Court in Atlanta lol. Now that that Act is in the toilet along with InSantis' candidacy, there's literally no reason to keep fighting.

Negotiations are incoming. I suspect Disney will end up with everything they want financially and control-wise. Desantis will get to claim victory and, more important to him, avoid discovery in the lawsuit.
If you read it, that is what is happening. Some anti Disney people have left the board , Martin Garcia was the main anti Disney board member, and replaced him with Craig Mateer who is conservative but also a businessman from Orlando, so he is not a MAGA idiot like Garcia but Mateer is a Desantis Donor which seems to be the only qualification you need for DeSantis to appoint you to the various boards he has created for Disney and colleges in Florida. Once Disney hater Garcia got removed, this deal was made. Mateer is not dumb enough to make life tough on Disney since he personally benefits from their massive economic impact on Central Florida.

DeSantis lovers will claim this as a win, but at best it is a draw with a loss to Florida Tax payers.
Disney can go back to doing what they were doing, which is managing the infrastructure of their enormous property, and DeSantis can get blue check marks to claim victory, while the Rubes eat it up with doing absolutely no research on what happened. Tax payers pay for all the lawyers, but dont have their taxes raised an absolute shit load if you live in Orange and Osceola county if Desantis did not keep the board, because then the counties would be responsible for the maintaining the infrastructure of Disney, which is why the had their own district in the first place.
Cliffs, DeSantis only appoints donors, and tax payers lose.

The fact that people are cheering this on, just goes to show how they'll support fascism, as long as it's their side doing it.
Firing people for being racist is infringing on free speech but a governor retaliating against a private company for publicly disagreeing with him is just good governance.

Disney didn't sue over the board, they sued because DeSantis was trying to remove the district's special status. Disney retained that status in the settlement agreement. The board itself was sued. The existence of the board wasn't the contention.

It's in the OP.

Disney sues DeSantis and oversight board after vote to nullify agreement with special taxing district
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts on Wednesday sued Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis and his hand-picked oversight board, accusing the Republican 2024 presidential prospect of weaponizing his political power to punish the company for exercising its free speech rights.
Does Disney pay the board or do the taxpayers?

The fact that people are cheering this on, just goes to show how they'll support fascism, as long as it's their side doing itit.
Seems real petty. Some people seem like such losers in real life they live for online wins for their team. Yayyyy! Meatball Ron really showed that huge international company that brings in a huge tourist revenue that they couldn't court the woke crowd for the rest of their brand if they want to do business in his Christian values State. <YeahOKJen>

And?

Jesus Christ man, are you serious, making excuses for Ron as Governor then whining about Pelosi as a House member?

Jesus Christ man, are you serious, making excuses for Ron as Governor then whining about Pelosi as a House member?

*Sigh*

If you can't read between the lines, I'll spell it out for you.

Term limits for everybody or term limits for no body.

Nobody can articulate why term limits for state positions are horrible while no term limits for federal positions are 100% fine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back