Dillachenko continues to train with Lomachenko in prep for CoGar

99% of Sherdogers who talk about Lomachenko and how great he is have never seen a single fight of his

I don't see how Cody will ever beat TJ. I know he rocked him in the first fight, but TJ is more like a sponge and he will take in more experience boxing from Loma. The only thing Cody has over TJ is boxing.
I don't know how the fuck anyone can watch their first fight and see the rematch as anything but a coin flip

He should have brought in Van Damme to train just to rub it in

Great Watching TJ sparring and training with a real revolutionary in boxing. Have to admit id love to see them spar mma

There was no one having a problem with it besides the usual internet pussies.
A lot of people had a problem with it??? U want to get punched right on your face even if the bell rings to stop??

Damn he really is implementing Loma training techniques

maxresdefault.jpg

I don't know how the fuck anyone can watch their first fight and see the rematch as anything but a coin flip

I would say perhaps because it seems like theres more room for Dillashaw to learn from it?

The knockdown in the first round to me was more a tactical mistake by him, basically looking to steal a close round with a flourish at the end. I suspect in the rematch you'll see him fight very much in the fashion he did in the second maximising his kicking advantage.

Not to count Cody out of it of course, he definitely has a good chance but I'm not sure I see much he can really change tactically, he pretty much fights one way.

Garbrandt is the more talented fighter. He is far too willing to enter any kind of exchange (which is what got him KO'd when he whiffed on his counter punch in an exchange where he was in better position than Dillashaw), but what he does before he gets there is excellent by MMA standards. Honestly, if we take durability out of the equation (which is always a massive part of anything combat sports related), he might be the most talented guy in the sport.

I would say perhaps because it seems like theres more room for Dillashaw to learn from it?

The knockdown in the first round to me was more a tactical mistake by him, basically looking to steal a close round with a flourish at the end. I suspect in the rematch you'll see him fight very much in the fashion he did in the second maximising his kicking advantage.

Not to count Cody out of it of course, he definitely has a good chance but I'm not sure I see much he can really change tactically, he pretty much fights one way.

It was Dillashaw clumsily forcing an exchange, which he repeatedly does, that got him knocked down and almost stopped. He's not Vasyl Lomachenko. He doesn't create angles at a whim and completely baffle fighters. That's simply not what he does, and it never has been. It will be the same as the first fight. Essentially, who comes out better in the balls to the wall exchanges will be the winner.

It was Dillashaw clumsily forcing an exchange, which he repeatedly does, that got him knocked down and almost stopped. He's not Vasyl Lomachenko. He doesn't create angles at a whim and completely baffle fighters. That's simply not what he does, and it never has been. It will be the same as the first fight. Essentially, who comes out better in the balls to the wall exchanges will be the winner.

He's not Lomachenko obviously but I would disagree "that's what he does", I would say that he is someone who is prone to getting carried away as we saw chasing Cruz for example in the first 3 rounds of that fight. He is also someone though who's capable of more than aggressive boxing exchanges though which he showed in the second round setting up the headkick knockdown and I suspect is more likely to focus on in the rematch.

He's a fighter with a much broader offence than either Cody or Cruz for me, both of them have a skill set built to fight one way.

Before the first fight I thought this was pretty much a 50/50 match, in the rematch I'm thinking more 70/30 Dillashaw.

Last edited:
Back