Digital blackface

LuchaBear

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score

I'm not sure how this is even a thing. I've never noticed someone only using black gifs or emojis as funny or exaggerated faces.

Here is a "warning" description for this video.

"Warning: This video contains historical footage of blackface minstrel shows which you may find offensive."

http://www.bbc.com/news/av/world-40931479/is-it-ok-to-use-black-emojis-and-gifs

What the hell is going on here? How can this even be stopped?

Mods, please change my username to digital blackface.

Thanks in advance.

1490092363520.gif

I can't understand why anyone would get worked up over this. This is the sort of thing that people point to when they say that some of the victimhood mentality has gone too far.

I mean the Michael Jackson gif is a great example. It's one of the most popular people in the history of world from one of the most popular videos in the history of the world. If the point is communication, the easily recognizable images are the best choices.

*prepare for intentional rustlin'....

I mean it's not anyone's fault white people don't have good reaction gifs. <JonesDXSuckIt>

I kid, unbunch your panties and use them to catch the sand coming out of your vagina.

ldWLZ.gif

I dont want to see any of you filthy racists blackfacing by posting Daniel Cormier gifs like this any more. I'll report every one that I see.

So who's going to be the first princess to try and defend this argument??

The hypocrisy of this woman lecturing others about "Cultural Appropriation" (and using a photo of a white woman with dreadlocks to demonstrate it) while stood there with straightened hair, wearing a Western dress and speaking in an obviously appropriated RP British accent.

This is one of things where I genuinely can't tell if it's a parody or not.

Maybe we should just restrict it to avatars. Can we agree that having a black av is blackface?

Only one thing for it.

We have to get on that dislike button.

I agree that this is much and certainly isn't a pressing issue or matter reflecting grave institutional problems.

But all the woman said was to "think about" the purpose of your usage, not that you shouldn't be allowed to use them.

I can't understand why anyone would get worked up over this. This is the sort of thing that people point to when they say that some of the victimhood mentality has gone too far.

I don't think you know what "worked up" means.

Back