Digital blackface

As an African American man I can't tell you how much I appreciate the courage it took for this strong, brave black sista to come forward and speak on issues white people can't or choose not to see. I'll be writing to Crave Online and informing them that me and my proud black brothas and sistas will be boycotting sherdog until all the racist black smilies are taken down and a formal apology is written.

<18>

Someone needs to make a black version of this.

It's the FIRST video shown on the BBC app... So you're way off when saying it's just being circulated from internet trolls.

I'm commenting on what's creating the demand for BBC to want to circulate it.

If they feature Alan Greenspan and Noam Chomsky debating the regulatory function of the federal reserve, they'll get 100 shares and a few interesting discussions. If they feature of video of a guy saying he identifies as a star fish, klnOmega, ReanimatedReagan, Pwent, etc. will share it a million times because that's the type of political discourse that they fancy.

I thought segregation was a bad thing. Why is that the direction that progressives are heading?

I agree that this is much and certainly isn't a pressing issue or matter reflecting grave institutional problems.

But all the woman said was to "think about" the purpose of your usage, not that you shouldn't be allowed to use them.

No.

Just no.

Do I need to think about which color of car I prefer? How about home? Maybe I prefer a lighter brick to a darker brick? What about wood stain? Maybe I prefer a darker wood stain to a lighter wood stain? Does that mean my porch has black face???

Fuck off.

It's a completely stupid premise which will likely draw in a collection of idiots who are crying foul today over something that they didn't even think or care about yesterday.

That woman can shut the fuck up and stop hate mongering. You can join her if you think she even came close to having a valid point.

If they feature Alan Greenspan and Noam Chomsky debating the regulatory function of the federal reserve, they'll get 100 shares and a few interesting discussions. If they feature of video of a guy saying he identifies as a star fish, klnOmega, ReanimatedReagan, Pwent, etc. will share it a million times because that's the type of political discourse that they fancy.

So blame BBC which is supposed to be legit news. You're deflecting from the source.

"Black people are not here for your entertainment" as an argument to discourage white people from using gifs that 95 percent of the time features a black...entertainer.

Lol, ok.

<{katwhu}>

No.

Just no.

Do I need to think about which color of car I prefer? How about home? Maybe I prefer a lighter brick to a darker brick? What about wood stain? Maybe I prefer a darker wood stain to a lighter wood stain? Does that mean my porch has black face???

Fuck off.

It's a completely stupid premise which will likely draw in a collection of idiots who are crying foul today over something that they didn't even think or care about yesterday.

That woman can shut the fuck up and stop hate mongering. You can join her if you think she even came close to having a valid point.

You never need to think. You should just consider giving it a whirl some time instead of being so reflexively dismissive.

I don't notice a valid point here (in that I can't recall any GIF usage that seemed off to me, except for when the context of the post is meant to to be racist), but I'm open to thinking about it and not offended that someone floated the idea. It's certainly not without precedent for cultural majority members to use characterizations of minorities as bombastic and cartoonish and thereby both undermine them and commodify their identity.

So blame BBC which is supposed to be legit news. You're deflecting from the source.

What?

No, I'm not blaming BBC. There's nothing falsifiable or misleading about the video: it's not real hard news, but BBC churns out hundreds of stories a day. They cater their lifestyle posts to the demand of the market. I am criticizing the market for internet news.

You never need to think. You should just consider giving it a whirl some time instead of being so reflexively dismissive.

I don't notice a valid point here (in that I can't recall any GIF usage that seemed off to me, except for when the context of the post is meant to to be racist), but I'm open to thinking about it and not offended that someone floated the idea. It's certainly not without precedent for cultural majority members to use characterizations of minorities as bombastic and cartoonish and thereby both undermine them and commodify their identity.

While you are free to voice whatever idiocy you deem fit, understand that in the current environment we live in...shit like this is sensitive idiotic material.

It's reckless and obnoxious. And yes...there will now be a collection of hyper sensitive idiots wanting to ban my freedoms of using gifs associated with black people.

Because that's what progressive liberal idiots think freedom is.

"Black people are not here for your entertainment" as an argument to discourage white people from using gifs that 95 percent of the time features a black...entertainer.

Lol, ok.

<{katwhu}>

Black people are not here for your entertainment!

Also, why the fuck are the Oscars so white amd why are black authors not getting published!

No.

Just no.

Fuck off.

Please respect my right to peacefully protest and dictate what you can and cannot say and do. Also, which smilies you are allowed to use. Thank you.

Digital BlackFace makes me sad.

rs_288x198-160127101340-oprah_cry_1.gif

I agree that this is much and certainly isn't a pressing issue or matter reflecting grave institutional problems.

But all the woman said was to "think about" the purpose of your usage, not that you shouldn't be allowed to use them.

<36>

"The most popular ones are of black people being dramatic."

a001f8f481a6592311fc204e2d3fe5f7c45b833f2ed5a4ee9cc554fda9d04f5d.jpg

So because there's demand, they're circulating fake news. Glad we got that sorted out.

Please respect my right to peacefully protest and dictate what you can and cannot say and do. Also, which smilies you are allowed to use. Thank you.

Only if you respect my right to peacefully tell you to fuck off, you over sensitive Nancy.

:)

DisfiguredOpulentIraniangroundjay.gif

So because there's demand, they're circulating fake news. Glad we got that sorted out.

"Fake news," if used by a responsible person, regards news depicting events that didn't happen or seriously representing facts to mislead the audience.

This isn't fake news. It just isn't particularly good news.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back