did wilder's stock go up or down?

I thought he did really well in all honesty, he took some really good shots and showed he could ride out the storm

Nobody has ever pretended he was the worlds best boxer, so we now know he has a half decent chin and can carry his power late

Anyone thinking his stock has gone down needs to take a fucking giant reality check, he just beat one of the top 5 guys in the division...by KO

For me it went up. I thought he was gone, showed tremendous heart and his conditioning is top notch. His right hand is like a lightning bolt.

Still don't like how after a great right hand he turns into Keith Jardine, but yeah it went way up imo.

For me it went up. I thought he was gone, showed tremendous heart and his conditioning is top notch. His right hand is like a lightning bolt.

Still don't like how after a great right hand he turns into Keith Jardine, but yeah it went way up imo.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4633690/fullcredits

pretty good movie, had to make sure that it was jardine as he gained a lot of muscle.

i agree on wilders stock going up, i really believed that deontay was packing glass but that was obviously not the case.

KOd the guy everyone said would make him look stupid. Way UP.

Looked vunerable just like AJ did vs Wlad. Also brought his stock way UP.

After AJ stops Parker, Wilder and him need to make this happen, strike while the iron is white hot.

His stock went up but at the same time the question got answered if he can defeat Joshua or Fury: NO

Joshua watching Wilders left "hook" and defensive posture
giphy.gif

Wilder has answered the question about his chin and determination. He proved that he will go the extra mile. Thats positive. Besides that I really was shocked how bad some of his fundamentals are:

- If he gets effect with his right he runs into his opponent head first and flailing windmills.

- no left hook. Well no hooks at all to speak of. Why does he throw like that? No effect and leaves him open.

- his defense is bad. I really dont get why he keeps his right hand that low. Doesnt have the reflexes /distancing to make it work. Gets hit plenty because of that. Often while jabbing he would even take the right lower. Ortiz nearly knocked him out bec. of that.

- he jumps way to far out of reach after throwing the right so when he does damage is too
far away to throw again and bullrushes. It looks like he wants to start a sprint.

Joshua will knock him out and Fury outbox him to a one sided decision. Its really a bad sign that this is americas best HW boxer at the moment.

Lol seriously? Fury beats Wilder 9/10 times.
Fury cant beat a fucking diet. Hes irrelevant. His best performance is a shit one in which nothing happened.

People have a lot of confidence in a guy who is currently obese, hasn't fought in 2 and a half years, and has a cocaine, booze, and cheeseburger diet (and who also appears, by his own admission, to be bi-polar). If Fury could recreate his form from the Klitschko fight, then I might favour him over anyone in the division. As it stands, he can't even get below 300 pounds at the moment.

Up. He showed the same flaws everyone knew he had, but showed heart and a chin we hadn't seen from him yet. If anyone saw what they saw last night and think Wilder is worse than they thought, I can only imagine they hadn't watched him fight before.

People have a lot of confidence in a guy who is currently obese, hasn't fought in 2 and a half years, and has a cocaine, booze, and cheeseburger diet (and who also appears, by his own admission, to be bi-polar). If Fury could recreate his form from the Klitschko fight, then I might favour him over anyone in the division. As it stands, he can't even get below 300 pounds at the moment.

Apparently 78”. Interesting.

The point stands that he doesnt box as well but that length will be an interesting thing to watch when AJ and Wilder have it out.

The biggest question in that fight, imo, is whether or not Joshua can stifle Wilder's jab like Ortiz did. Ortiz was catching and parrying it really well early on, and when Wilder would shoot his right hand without actually landing the jab he was getting lit up by counters. I'm not sure I see Joshua being able to accomplish the same thing.

Ill give 2 to 1 odds that Wilder beats Fury’s ass if that fat lazy bastard ever gets back in the ring. You can all put your money where your mouth is.

We all know you wont though.

Hes still fat as fuck and hasnt fought in 3 1/2 years lol.

I thought it was 2.5 years and he looks a lot slimmer by the way. It's worth mentioning that Wlad was off from late 2015 to mid 2017 and gave Joshua all he could handle. Yes he stays in pretty good shape always, but he was oooold and inactive. Fury is still young enough that his body can possibly go back to ita previous form.

I think we can keep an open mind here and wait and see at least. I'm more intrigued than I was before just based on the weight loss progression so far.

he was so inactive for much of the fight that he really needed a late KO...but maybe that was his strategy all along.
he has terrible defense...but we did see that he took some good punches and recovered.
he really only does damage with the right hand...but he can do it with hooks, straights, and uppercuts.
really inaccurate, spastic, flailing punches when he tries to finish...but only really needs glancing blows anyway.

i think we were all hoping for some questions to be answered with wilder after this fight, but i feel like its the same old two-sided coin with him as it was before the fight.

fury drowns wilder in a long 12 round siege of inside work and (if in shape) can use some speed and length on the outside.

joshua is bigger, younger, and faster than ortiz. ortiz was just missing with punches throughout the fight as wilder basically just backpedaled out of the way; joshua would cover that distance and make wilder pay. plus, we've seen joshua come back both from being knocked down and from punching himself out. the X factor is that wilder has 40 fights and is in his 30s. his technical limitations are etched in stone. joshua is still improving and we should expect him to be better each fight.
is anyone even paying attention?

Back