did wilder's stock go up or down?

Was Pauli right in thinking that king Kong's power was a result of roids?

Why didnt any of you cry babies care about Ortiz age when you were all saying how hed knock Wilder out or that Wilder would never fight him to begin with?

Got a source for his supposed age? No, you dont.

He very nearly did knock Wilder out, and completely dominated him for the majority of the fight. For some reason a skin of the teeth back from the brink upset win is enough to convince Wilder fans that hes the greatest HW on the planet though.

Do you have a source for Joshua being on steroids? No, you dont. Doesnt change that hes still juiced to the gills and Ortiz is still in his mid 40s.

He very nearly did knock Wilder out, and completely dominated him for the majority of the fight. For some reason a skin of the teeth back from the brink upset win is enough to convince Wilder fans that hes the greatest HW on the planet though.

Do you have a source for Joshua being on steroids? No, you dont. Doesnt change that hes still juiced to the gills and Ortiz is still in his mid 40s.
I'm not Wilders biggest fan but I think that's a bit of a stretch. Wilder was letting Ortiz outwork him in order to play it safe, that was pretty obvious. If he was letting him to do it then I don't see it as being dominated. Ortiz was winning the rounds but only because Wilder wasn't really working.

Way to move those goal posts and not answer the question you can.

Go ahead and drop the PED accusations now.

He beat the undefeated boogeyman by knockout, after showing he can take a punch.

Did his stock go up or down? My goodness what a difficult question.

You're judging his stock by fans opinions of Ortiz or by his record? Come on, Ortiz is like 45 and has zero notable wins.

i didn't even see the whole fight, i could hardly watch the highlights, i'm sorry. I'm not like some of you guys, i don't like to see guys fucking up like that it reflects badly on boxing, he looked terrible. He won, good on him, he showed heart, great, but i love the sport and I just find it sad when someone who fights like that is one of the leading guys.

i didn't even see the whole fight, i could hardly watch the highlights, i'm sorry. I'm not like some of you guys, i don't like to see guys fucking up like that it reflects badly on boxing, he looked terrible. He won, good on him, he showed heart, great, but i love the sport and I just find it sad when someone who fights like that is one of the leading guys.
He's not miles removed from what George Foreman was when he turned pro.

george improved a lot and he had the golden punch, true, he was never much to look at, never but he had a way of taking care of business until he ran into the greatest.

It stayed the same by reinforcing what we knew. He hasn't got the greatest skills, but can overcome someone better with stamina and power. Like Joshua against Wlad, he passed the gut test though which wasn't clear before.

Still all the same outcomes. Think he'd still beat Joshua cos at some point there will be a firefight and Wilder would come out on top. Ortiz still stops AJ, making him look silly and and in shape Fury beats all of them.

Parkers is whatever. I still believe if Haye's body stays intact and he stops living the high life in Miami he could be up there. His style is alllll wrong for Wilder. Too easy to get inside.

Not necessarily. Mr Joshua has very little head movement and is an orthodox stanced fighter. Mr Wilder has proven to be good at timing his right hand from the counter or the setup off of his jab, this spells massive trouble for Mr Joshua. Mr Joshua has good fundamentals and is very hard to put off balance but he can be countered. Mr Fury is a much better opponent to think about for both them as his tenacity is unquestionable and his tight durable body is hard to tenderize. In essence with Fury you have to slow him down and outbox him as relaxing his body will be no easy feat, easier said than done.
I thought Joshua showed very good head movement vs Klitschko. He literally ducked under all those murderous left hooks

I thought Joshua showed very good head movement vs Klitschko. He literally ducked under all those murderous left hooks

Not good enough, he is a very plodding moving Sapien. He will taste Mr Wilder...

Loving how hard some are trying to discredit Wilder's win and just Wilder again in general. LMAO

I know there are ALOT of boxers with haters out therr, but I honestly think Wilder will never get the respect he's earned. Whatever, he's unifying everything real soon, get ready.

Yeah he did have good head movement. I've commented on it a number of times, what lets him down is he only seems to use it after he gets tagged hard. It could be a factor of him trying to be as efficient as he can be with his energy but bobbing and weaving a lot can use up a lot.

He legitimately beat a top heavy... hard to see how that would make his value drop.

He legitimately beat a top heavy... hard to see how that would make his value drop.

apparently, Luis oritz is :

1) 90 years old
2) washed up bum with a padded career
3) relied completely on steroids for his moderate success and due to the strict PED testing, his skills have greatly diminished.

if you do the math, Wilder beat up a geriatric, bum. Of course his stock fell.

get with the program you bum.

Wilder seems to be the most criticized boxer in history, I can't think of someone who gets more criticism than him. Anyone would think his record is 0 wins and 40 loses. Not 40 wins and 0 loses. Come on, the hate and criticism is ridiculous and way over the top. There is a boxing forum I sometimes go on and its just criticism after criticism after criticism of Wilder. I don't know what people want. Give the guy a break.. his job is to win and thats what he does.

Maybe people don't like him because he is not a textbook boxer and doesn't have all the perfect too the book fundamentals that they want. But whatever.. the guy is a very creative and crafty boxer and thats one of the reasons he is 40-0.. because he is so off the cuff and creative. Super talented.

I know for a 100% fact that if Wilder beats Joshua, people will say
Joshua is too young
Joshua was off peds
Joshua was injured
Joshua was not experienced enough
Joshua didn't train properly.
etc etc etc....

In my opinion the criticism is way over the top and beyond ridiculous of a undefeated fighter, especially at HW.

Up in some ways, down in others.

He looks far less likely to beat AJ now, and showed that he hasn't made many advances in his boxing skills. His chin held up against Ortiz but it's pretty clear that he won't be able to take many shots from Joshua, who isn't 38 and will land a lot easier.

His stock goes up because it's the beat opponent he beat and his first proper world class win, although people need to settle down a tad. The bogeyman built his rep off an amateur background and everyone thinking he was getting ducked. Jennings is still his best win.

Wilder seems to be the most criticized boxer in history, I can't think of someone who gets more criticism than him. Anyone would think his record is 0 wins and 40 loses. Not 40 wins and 0 loses. Come on, the hate and criticism is ridiculous and way over the top. There is a boxing forum I sometimes go on and its just criticism after criticism after criticism of Wilder. I don't know what people want. Give the guy a break.. his job is to win and thats what he does.

Maybe people don't like him because he is not a textbook boxer and doesn't have all the perfect too the book fundamentals that they want. But whatever.. the guy is a very creative and crafty boxer and thats one of the reasons he is 40-0.. because he is so off the cuff and creative. Super talented.

I know for a 100% fact that if Wilder beats Joshua, people will say
Joshua is too young
Joshua was off peds
Joshua was injured
Joshua was not experienced enough
Joshua didn't train properly.
etc etc etc....

In my opinion the criticism is way over the top and beyond ridiculous of a undefeated fighter, especially at HW.

Tyson Fury has faced Just as much criticism his whole career. In fact I’d guess it’s been far worse, and is certainly derided more than wilder! You’re a fan so you’re upset but this is not particularly unusual. He absolutely deserves some of his criticisms, especially about the quality of fighters he fought until last weekend. He didn’t seek out the tough challenges like he's making out he did and some fans appear to still hold that against him. However he has proved that he deserves to be champ and that is a quality win no matter what anyone thinks

Back