Did something horrible happen to Uriah Hall?

I hope you are joking.. there would be deaths..

More weight divs. If they had a 195, this wouldn't happen.. 20 is too much
More weight divisions won't really help by itself. They will still cut to the lowest one they can.

It has to be a combination of things. New divisions along with a protocols, that track weight over a long period of time and established a baseline for which fighters cannot cut more then x% from.

Its obviously serious if he couldn't make 1 more lb.

Khabib had a serious trip to the hospital and felt near death when he tiramsu'd himself out of the fight w Tony

giphy.gif

Ah jesus fucking christ. I fucking took work off to watch this stupid fucking card. These people are professional athletes. Now just have Thiago fight Belfort at catchweight >_>

What should they do? Easy to criticize a system, without offering an alternative.

Thank you for asking respectfully. Heard Uriah almost had his kidneys give out while trying to make weight for us. For us = For us the fans. If any athlete in any other sport almost had their kidneys give away trying to make it to a sporting event, everyone would say "what a warrior." He was going through tons of personal problems and applause to him for trying to make it through to fight on the card. To save fighters from themselves, these rules should be implemented:

1. Weigh ins 1 month prior AND 2 weeks prior before the actual weigh in. These would not be official weigh ins but seen by a ufc/usada official to make sure fighters are near their weight class and not cutting huge amounts last minute. You can still cut but has to be done over a longer period of time, isn't as dangerous, and is being somewhat monitored.

2. Dehydration tests = Have doctors that do hydration tests and if an athlete is at a dangerous dehydration level before the fight, fight is called off.

3. Bigger fines for missing weight = Fighters will be less reluctant to try to cut huge amounts of weight for strength advantage, and more likely to stick to their "natural" weight class

4. Tibau rule: Fighters have to weigh in before the fight. If the fighter is lets say "X' amount of weight over the limit, the fight is off. You can't cut 30 pounds, weigh in, gain it back, then be like 185 fighting at 155 the next day.

5. Make all athletes go through a new program educating them about dehydration and how to cut weight properly with proper nutrition.

Last edited:
I only cared about this because of Vitor and now I don’t give a shit because without him it’s literally shit

I am Not buying it just for the Elkins v Johnson fight which is now the only good fight on the card
Youre not buying a free card?

Fuck look at this animal.

Hall was mentally broke as always.. dude is a stupid fuck.

Im still pissed off he cost me money losing to Natal. Fucking bum

Rumor has it that he has undergone a drastic transformation.

His name is Uriah Heep now.

Fight at your own weight class then.
Lance Armstrong fallacy.
Until things change, fighters are forced to weight cut if they have any chance of being successful. I wish that weren't the case tho.

Edit: actually with some thought there are some exceptions... But by and large fighting at a natural weight will put most at a disadvantage.

Lol at everyone's replies about PVZ. The dude had a fucking seizure and fainted. Had to be scary for some.

More weight divisions won't really help by itself. They will still cut to the lowest one they can.

It has to be a combination of things. New divisions along with a protocols, that track weight over a long period of time and established a baseline for which fighters cannot cut more then x% from.

Body fat and hydration levels. Just like in high school wrestling

I never had high hopes for a card headlined by Jeremy Stephens anyway.
I guess anyone can headline a card now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back