Did something horrible happen to Uriah Hall?

KnightfromtheWhiteland

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Hey guys I know everyone' bummed that Uriah didn't show up for weigh ins and
Vitors retirement fight is off the table, but does anyone know what actually happened?
I'm interested because PaigeVanZant tweeted "Please send Prayers up for @UriahHallMMA scariest thing I have ever seen"..........WHAT HAPPENED!?!?!?! I've read everywhere and can't find out. I'm aware it just happened but if he almost killed himself making weight, the UFC needs to seriously address these weight cutting issues.

It's almost like we are no longer waiting for a death from weight cutting (since it already happened), we are now waiting for a death in the UFC to occur before anyone changes the rules. Everyone in the sporting world is aware of the dangers from extreme dehydration so it makes the Owners of the UFC look absolutely terrible in that they are ignoring the safety of their athletes. It needs to be adressed because it is happening from the very lower levels of amateur MMA all the way to to the co-headliners of the top MMA organization in the world.

Hey guys I know everyone' bummed that Uriah didn't show up for weigh ins and
Vitors retirement fight is off the table, but does anyone know what actually happened?
I'm interested because PaigeVanZant tweeted "Please send Prayers up for @UriahHallMMA scariest thing I have ever seen"..........WHAT HAPPENED!?!?!?! I've read everywhere and can't find out. I'm aware it just happened but if he almost killed himself making weight, the UFC needs to seriously address these weight cutting issues.

It's almost like we are no longer waiting for a death from weight cutting (since it already happened), we are now waiting for a death in the UFC to occur before anyone changes the rules. Everyone in the sporting world is aware of the dangers from extreme dehydration so it makes the Owners of the UFC look absolutely terrible in that they are ignoring the safety of their athletes. It needs to be adressed because it is happening from the very lower levels of amateur MMA all the way to to the co-headliners of the top MMA organization in the world.

What should they do? Easy to criticize a system, without offering an alternative.

Didn't use Dolce

He's in the hospital.

PVZ is just a drama queen and should be fine for it.

To my knowledge, Hall just skipped out after he knew he would not make weight. Nothing to see here.

Not cool, I hate Belfort but this is bs. Uriah had problems from weight cutting, I am sure. Coincidence to happen just before weight in

They should weight the fighters during camp and on fight night, and re establish all weight classes according to the natural weight of fighters (minus some tolerence so they can put more weight during their everyday life).
This is why I don't follow much of those weight classes under LHW, it's full of fighters who cut weight in order to get a size advantage.

With that said, Jon Jones, Gus, Cormier, Rumble, would belong to their true weight class, HW

He’s missing out on his Reebok money. Terrible.

Wait wtf

Haven’t been paying close attention and two fights are fucked now

Wtf

Easy solution.. They should do weigh ins 2 hours before the fight...

About time that dude gets the axe. Right before his last unimpressive win he went 0-3, now can’t make weight in the co-headliner? I have no clue how he is the #11 MW.....that fluke KO of Gegard really goes a long way I guess.

PVZ is just an attention ...

so ignore her
she'll say anything
probably wasn't even there

but it seems he had a real bad weight cut
don't think he has missed weight before though... not sure

Back