Did Poirier just earn a Title shot?!?

Is Poirier the next LW contender?

• Total voters
He'll more likely fight Floyd Mayweather.

True Dat, I think Conor is gonna become a novelty fighter fighting freak fights with boxers or mma fighters with shiny names. I really don't see him in the deep mix of LW competition with his limited mma skillz and 12yr old sick girl lungz...

Why is Gaethje supposed to be the stepping stone to a title shot? Porier beats Pettis and the human punching bag and hes supposed to get a title shot now. At least Alvarez knocked out RDA in the past 2 years. We need to see an Alvarez rematch then he deserves it.

If they can get it booked for 2018 it should be Khabib/Conor but in the likely case that they can't I'd say Khabib/Poirier should be it. They can't book Ferguson against Khabib yet and won't ever again according to Dana.

May as well I reckon. Nobody else available at present, and he's good to watch - he might cause Khabib a few problems to be honest.

These poll options are confusing. Yes/no should not be options.

Needs to fight Eddie again. Right now Eddie is above him. Need Conor to step up as well. He should be the next fight. I know it's a bad match up for him, but a chance for 3 wins for belt and a huge payday can't be too much of a deterrent

Conor's been out waaaaay too long to jump back in the cage and fight the new bear champ, better he he oil his wheels on the likes of a Dustin, Lee, or Alvarez, to get his timing back.
Conor could take 5 years off from now and still walk back to a title shot

and you KNOW it lol

Conor could take 5 years off from now and still walk back to a title shot

and you KNOW it lol

Agreed... And he would get broken like a dry twig so I wouldn't recommend it....

Agreed... And he would get broken like a dry twig so I wouldn't recommend it....
giphy.gif

Overcame a FURIOUS leg attack from Gaethje there.

Who gets the next crack at the LW strap?!?
Yes, he just put on a hell of a fight and tony/connor aren't fihgting anytime soon. Make Khabib vs Poirier in september or Eddie-Porier rematch this summer for the contender spot and then do the title fight in November in new york. Let's go

Alvarez or Dustin winning the title would be horrible, Conor fans are bad enough with a guy he hasn't fought holding the belt.

Conor & Ferg are the only "obvious" choices... & they're both out... but Portier has as much claim to it as anyone else I think.

I think Gaethje is over-rated, (& I thought that the whole time he's been in the UFC by the way....) but Portier's proven himself.

Alvarez is in the discussion, but Portier was winning until he got fouled so I give the nod to Portier.

If Barboza wins vs Lee, there's no sense in running that back again with Khabib. I'd say it's Portier without a doubt if Lee loses.

It might get tricky if Lee wins. Especially with his big mouth getting the casuals interested as apposed to the respect that Portier & Khabib will likely be giving each other. The UFC might get blinded by dollar signs... but also a wrestler like Lee will go a long ways toward negating Khabib's main weapon.

Lee's one top win was an early stoppage... so technically he should not be fighting for the title. Barboza is a hell of a name on your resume though... so it won't be completely unfounded either.

Last edited:
People are too hot for whoever won last.
Let's talk again when Khabib is ready. I doubt people will remember this win fondly in ~4 months when everyone has cooled off.

Tony and Conor are still first in line for a title shot.
(Tony still has a 10 fight win streak. He doesn't need to "prove himself" again just cause he had a clumsy accident)

Last edited:
Depends when Tony is back.

Conor is not fighting Khabib so imo its either Tony or Dustin.

With Khabib taking the next few months off for Ramadan anyway and then needing a training camp maybe the timing will work out for Ferguson.

I want that fight so fucking bad and I think a lot of people feel the same way.

Conor vs Khabib...Dustin needs Khabib to win or he doesn’t get a title shot for a very long time

There is no world in which Dustin beats Conor...based on last night Conor KO’s Dustin again easy! Dustin will never be better than #4 or #5 in the world...he is a great fighter and I am a fan...unfortunately never win the title...he doesn’t beat the top 3

Khabib won't be back until September. Why the vitriol?
calling somebody a dumbass is vitriol? Tony will be lucky to even be back in training by then, let's not wait around for a fight that will probably never happen

Back