Did Bubba take a fall?

According to a Reddit poster who claims to train with Bubba, he broke his orbital bone.

yeah he told the doctor "my eyes fucked up" and they said yeah you got caught or what ever. then he said "no, i mean inside my eye"

How the TS could think that Bubba took a fall is beyond me. The dude got his fucking face smashed in. This thread is almost sherdog hall of shame material.

Didn't he have three facial fractures? Stupid thread.

Ive watched the knockout video atleast 15 times, I think bubba took a fall because he was afriad of ending up like Adam. If you look closely he goes for the double leg AFTER getting hit in the jaw. Not only that but once hes on the ground HE BRINGS HIS ARMS INTO HIS BODY. Hard to do that if your knocked out.:eek::eek::eek:

I believe he got punched very cleanly on his left eye. Didn't it break/fracture the bones in that area as well?

POW!

At first i thought he just wanted outta there. But there is no faking the condition of his eye. It was closed by a standingright hand. I do question the strategy of coming forwad against uriah with your hands that low

I honestly thought he choked and took a dive, similar to Matt Serra's friend Joey Scorola. And maybe he did sub consciously, walk into the fight leaving himself open for the punch. But you can't deny the damage, and the whole "Where am I, what happened".

Guess none of us will really know, but Bubba might need to see a sports psychiatrist regardless. Throughout the show Jones talked about Bubbas flimsy mental game. And it’s been apparent in his fights too. He lost to Chaels last pick, And seemed to mentally give up and except 1st round a mauling by Kevin.

Jesus fucking Christ, some of you guys are retarded. Did you see Bubba's eye? That's an orbital fracture right there. If he were looking to take a dive, he chose the absolute most painful way to do it. This might sound crazy but maybe he just got jacked in the face by a pinpoint striker while coming in recklessly. I hear that when you walk into a punch that you don't see coming, you might lose consciousness. Maybe I'm off my hinges, but I suspect that's what happened. :rolleyes:

tell it like it is private!

I do think Bubba wanted a way out and Uriah gave him it, quickly.

He deserved it. From the 1st episode he was acting like he is above than all of the contestants. Served him just right.

Check the replay Uriah backs up and lands a straight right punch while BUbba was charging in....he got knocked out!

OUCH. I saw some1 predicting the fight would be like Crocop vs Sapp based on preview..

lol that was me. After the episode I looked through every thread for the post, couldn't find it :(

EDIT* Found it LOL: Fourth post down.

http://forums.sherdog.com/forums/f56/bubba-will-fight-next-week-got-video-link-2429079/index4.html

Anyway.., Bubba didn't take a fall, but personally I think he went into the fight looking for a place to lay down. He lost the fight before it even started. It's a shame that he ended up taking that much damage when I believe that his plan was to just get out of there without getting his face broken. Pretty ironic.

I'm not gonna talk crap about the dude though. He has more balls than me. I wouldn't get in a cage with Uriah or any other UFC fighter for that matter.

Last edited:
Well, at least his kidneys are functioning properly as per his bloodwork.
I understand it must be scary fighting a guy that looks like Hall, but isnt this what you signed up to do?
Fight people.

No, bubba did not take a dive, he legitimately got messed up bad... this is what it looks like when a fighter takes a dive:

Buba didn't take a dive. It was a classic example of a fighter charging in with his hands down and getting knocked out by a skilled striker.

Yeah, he took a fall ...

Face first into the mat.

I don't think he took a fall, but I do believe mentally he was ready to quit as soon as Hall took it to him.

This.

Back