Did Bubba take a fall?

HeadHunterUA

White Belt
Reaction score
Ive watched the knockout video atleast 15 times, I think bubba took a fall because he was afriad of ending up like Adam. If you look closely he goes for the double leg AFTER getting hit in the jaw. Not only that but once hes on the ground HE BRINGS HIS ARMS INTO HIS BODY. Hard to do that if your knocked out.:eek::eek::eek:

He fell with his arm into his body. I don't think he took a fall, but I do believe mentally he was ready to quit as soon as Hall took it to him.

He actually took more damage than Cella. Cella got knocked clean out and was fine after even though it seems like a little miracle.

Bubba though got his eye messed up and it could have taken a lot more damage than that.

I don

Maybe those vicious hammerfists had something to do with the condition he was in....he also took a clean shot coming in, hard to say the guy took a fall.

Jesus fucking Christ, some of you guys are retarded. Did you see Bubba's eye? That's an orbital fracture right there. If he were looking to take a dive, he chose the absolute most painful way to do it. This might sound crazy but maybe he just got jacked in the face by a pinpoint striker while coming in recklessly. I hear that when you walk into a punch that you don't see coming, you might lose consciousness. Maybe I'm off my hinges, but I suspect that's what happened. :rolleyes:

I don't think so, but I think most people would agree he was defeated before he even stepped into the ring

According to a Reddit poster who claims to train with Bubba, he broke his orbital bone.

I agree with what Jon Jones said about the weigh in.

Covering his head in fear like that....wtf?
He was doomed to failure right there.

The real question is not how Bubba could have taken a fall, it's how fast and precise Uriah's striking is. Deadly.

Ive watched the knockout video atleast 15 times, I think bubba took a fall because he was afriad of ending up like Adam. If you look closely he goes for the double leg AFTER getting hit in the jaw. Not only that but once hes on the ground HE BRINGS HIS ARMS INTO HIS BODY. Hard to do that if your knocked out.:eek::eek::eek:

Um.... did you see his eye dude. Did you see all the blood. He was out cold homie.

Don't think Bubba took a fall, but he wasn't mentally ready for that fight. He got hit clean coming in, kinda went for a shot, looked like Uriah got a whizzer and flattened him out then he ate a bunch of hammerfists.

I doubt it. That shot looked clean and painful. I can certainly see it knocking someone out.

hallbubbako.gif

His eye looked pretty fucked too.

Bubba McDaniel @BubbaTheMenace

Told I can now say that I DID suffer 3 facial breaks in that fight from that punch... I am healed and recovered now. See yall at the #Finale
5:50 PM - 03 Apr 13

I thought for a few seconds that after he felt the punch Bubba choose to just lay there rather than taking a further beating. However, after seeing the extent of the damage and the replay you can more clearly tell he got rocked hard and even if he wasn't knocked out completely the shock he felt and the eye damage was enough to legitimately keep him down. As far as Bubba trying to go for the legs maybe that was his split second reaction on the way down. He didn't take a fall he took a heck of a punch.

Thanks OP for ensuring most fighters will stay away from this forum.

He didn't react at all when Hall landed the hammerfists, no way he was pretending to be out.

I think TS is overstating his case here, but I do think that in a certain sense Bubba "took a fall." To be more accurate though, he took huge punch that would have ended most human beings' lives and he took that as an opportunity to give up. That was just my interpretation. He was beaten before he came in and as soon as that punch landed, instead of "fighting back," he gave in. It's all speculation though. What can be said for sure is that he came out to fight and moved forward, did not run away, so this is not a question of conscious cowardice or being "weak." He was able to psyche himself enough to fight, but his confidence was built on a tenuous foundation. Once it was rattled, he "gave up." I know I'm splitting hairs here, but that's how I saw it.

I think he did his best, Uriah just threw the hammer punch with tons of torque and laid him out. He had a good stance and Bubba was out cold. DAMN

Bubba McDaniel @BubbaTheMenace

Told I can now say that I DID suffer 3 facial breaks in that fight from that punch... I am healed and recovered now. See yall at the #Finale
5:50 PM - 03 Apr 13

OUCH. I saw some1 predicting the fight would be like Crocop vs Sapp based on preview..

To TS and alike: you never seen a 'standing ko' or when a guy is out but still tries to clinch/or shoot for a double - even on a ref?

Back