Diaz Defensive Jitz > Maia Offense

BJ Penn is a world champion in BJJ
Nick Diaz is not
Maia is a multiple time world champion.

doesn't mean he wouldnt finish the fight standing.

Besides Maia couldnt beat shields on the ground who's BJJ is not any better than Nick's

Edgar grapple fuck him. Maia would take it to the ground and finish in round 2 or 3 when he is gassed.

Maia couldn't even take down Anderson Silva, and Anderson Silva's weakness is wrestling.

You mean the GSP that couldn't finish Dan Hardy.....

Or do you mean the Maia that has beaten Jacare?

Fuck off troll.

The maia that got outclassed by shields? You Gtfo this mma not gi rolling.

Fedor_thumbsdown1.gif

he tapped out the WW goat tho
slomogspsubmitsmatthughes_medium.gif
yeah but this is pre-serra. should have being more specific, but it has been almost 10 years that he doesn't know how to finish someone

The only way Diaz submits Maia is if maia is unconscious. They are both legit black belts but there's levels to this shit.

Gsp would beat the shit out of maia and choke em out in the 4th.
Was going to say he doesn't know shit about armbars but noticed that you clearly said choke and I agree.

Anyone else find it strange that his biggest struggles seem to be armbar related?
He tried one against Hughes and rolled himself into one, and failed to snap or tap Hardy twice despite a fully locked armbar.

The two best welterweights Maia fought both beat him.

Rory MacDonald had to defend some tough positions in the first round, then right on time Maia ran out of gas and Rory beat the brakes off him. Even a 500 fighter like Matt Brown was able to hurt Maia down the stretch, and Brown loses to EVERYBODY.

The huge gaps between weight classes is tough on a guy like Maia who has to cut too much weight for welterweight but is a bit undersized at middleweight. He would likely be the champion of a 178lbs division.

So long as he's making the enormous cut to welterweight, Maia's gas tank is a liability. I wouldn't bet on him against black belts with excellent cardio.
BJ took Diaz's back within a round.

Maia ends it's in a round.

The last person Diaz submitted was over 6 years ago, and Santos is nowhere near Maia's level. Diaz is able to take a fight if he wants, but he's going full prima donna again. He's been pretty inactive the past few years, and Diaz being an underdog against Maia wouldn't be unreasonable.

Personally, I think Maia wins, but that's just me.

I think k1 maia could outstrike nick too

surprised palhares hasn't been mentioned in this thread yet

Rewatching Gsp vs diaz, and maia vs shields you can tell diaz would give maia a beatdown he would never forget.... I wouldn't be surprised if Diaz submitted maia.

104_Nick_Diaz_vs_Carlos_Condit_gallery_post_large.0.jpg

Yes he might beat maia but never via sub. Shields from diaz's camp did a great job grappling maia but never close to subbing him either.
Only guy that could sub maia is palhares and thats after blinding him with eye gauges

It would be a god awful fight with Maia on top the entire fight against Diaz. Diaz may get up a couple times but Maia would put him back down.

Boring UD for Maia.

Isn't Nick retired fighter? Haven't fought in 100 years?

Back